Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennobet on Cedo?

Cephalon_Revan

Just now, Cephalon_Revan said:

Grabbed a better photo through capturawdz1rZ0.jpg

It's stylized, but I'd say that the first character is definitely a hard G, the second looks like the vowel e (as in get) before the consonant S, which leads into the vowel e before N (as in Neurode), which goes to K, and then to e-CH (nature), can't be sure about that last bit though, the last vowel's a bit blurry, but the character before it looks like a dʒ.

I could be blind, but, to me, it looks kinda like Gesen-Something-Echen, something, but, again, I could just be blind.

Also not sure if it's Gesenk or if the K is attached to that stylized textual bit.

2 minutes ago, SheikaVoid said:

Note: I might have misread some of the runes, looking back over it now.

Had a go at it myself given what you were saying and what I was seeing too. Still unsure about the middlemost symbol and the one on the end but this is what I got from the Wiki page you linked me to.

j6p6MmU.png

lol...

I always thought those were "flame decals", you know like on the stupid cars from fast and the furious, and I did everything I could to make my weapons single color.

It's one of things I cursed warframe out over ever since I started playing.

I wasn't until this post I found out.

30 minutes ago, SheikaVoid said:

Welp, the Wiki claims that "The Orokin script engraved on the Cedo's barrel reads "Executioner."

I can kind of see it now, but its still pretty messy from what you can see on the actual weapon. 

Either that or I'm just not born to be a translator for a fictional race's written language. 

all the things in parenthesis are things I'm still unsure of. with the J I guess being a silent one? Maybe as emphasis alongside the N?

g2XzskZ.png

1 hour ago, Cephalon_Revan said:

I can kind of see it now, but its still pretty messy from what you can see on the actual weapon. 

Either that or I'm just not born to be a translator for a fictional race's written language. 

all the things in parenthesis are things I'm still unsure of. with the J I guess being a silent one? Maybe as emphasis alongside the N?

g2XzskZ.png

The main thing is that the orokin language its based on sounds, not letters.

When you read it, think of it as sound, like if you where pronunciating a word that soulds like it.

Its a bit tricky, but its doable.

"Executioner" makes sense in a way, since Lavos - prior to his meeting with the Filth-Speaker (or whatever the Alchemist was called) - was basically a prison Guard, but may have also had a role in carrying out capital punishments to those handed death sentences by the Orokin. We know the Orokin had many different ways of executing people after all: the Jade Light, Scindo Prime beheadings and of course, Glassing by Nihil. 

it could also be a reminder to prisoners that the guards have permission to use lethal force if you try to escape. 

Archived