Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Augment

(PSN)c1234567890alvi

When talking about Nyx I would argue that her main drag down is her squishiness and her unreliable crowd control. While the second problem is a little trickier to solve, the first could be solved with an augment for her first ability.

Linked Mind Control

While Mind Control is active, 50% of the damage Nyx takes is transferred to her mind controlled enemy (Damage reduction scales with power strength to up 90% for Nyx herself, 75-80% on Helminth).

17 hours ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

her squishiness [...] could be solved with an augment

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Assimilate

Mind, I don't even use that Augment, yet between Shield Gating and Helminth options (for e.g. hard CC),
I don't really find her to go down all that easily, including, say, on the Steel Path (yay 100% defense removal there).

Assimilate/Absorb just has one major issue, per 1000 damage taken you lose extra energy. And in higher levels you only need a single bullet to take about 4-5k damage. Even with max efficiency you burn through your energy in pretty much an instant. 
Thing is, with a little bit of tweaking Nyx could be a really reliable endgame option, especially because of her psycho bolts. 
And the augment mod I proposed would be a good first step or at least I think. 
But Assimilate is just plain bad, sorry.

On 2021-06-12 at 7:13 AM, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

When talking about Nyx I would argue that her main drag down is her squishiness and her unreliable crowd control. While the second problem is a little trickier to solve, the first could be solved with an augment for her first ability.

Linked Mind Control

While Mind Control is active, 50% of the damage Nyx takes is transferred to her mind controlled enemy (Damage reduction scales with power strength to up 90% for Nyx herself, 75-80% on Helminth).

This would be an interesting augment and would make Mind Control worth using.  But it's a Helminth ability, and this would do little to directly buff Nyx.  Helminth was a mistake.

Archived