Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: The Lost Sector (Currently In Development)

PenutReaper

Here's a brief write up on the events within episode one, called Lost Sector. It's only a broad outline, the details will be fleshed out as we build.

Disclaimer: I know everyone has their own opinion on WF lore. I think DE has purposefully left it vague, like warframe personalities, so that we can fill the creative void.

Episode 1: Lost Sector (featuring Frost)
Purpose: discuss some lore, set the stage for coming events

Lotus has traveled beyond the Outer Terminus. She left Sol, guided by instincts given to her by fusion with Orokin technocyte machines. An old Orokin sentry relay has detected Sentient activity and calls Lotus to it. An elite task group of Corpus have followed Lotus, and she needs your help. Be wary Tenno, something far more dangerous than Corpus lurks in the darkness of the Lost Sector. The Sentients are preparing to come to Sol, finishing the war they started long ago!

The Corpus have made contact with the Sentients, and have bargained for their lives by promising to lead Sentients to Sol. The Sentients realize that the Sol system has grown under new management; the Orokin's legacy must be stopped now before it grows out of hand. The Corpus hope the Sentients will spare them for their cooperation, while the Grineer dogs and  Tenno are swept away. Hurry Frost, you must stop the Corpus and Sentients at all costs. Don't forget to save Lotus along the way.

You notice that your powers are dwindling. Warframe abilities are the result of a Technocyte strain changed by the Void. As you move farther from the hive mind, your powers weaken. If all infested were to die, warframes would become nothing more than fashion statements.

The Corpus are building a Solar Relay in the Lost Sector. The construction and elite Corpus are headed up Derf Anyo himself, under orders from his father, Nef Anyo. If the Relay is complete the Sentient warships can move into Sol immediately and en masse. Find Derf, and take the Solar Relay blueprints from him by force.

Great work! Derf Anyo cannot remember how to construct a Relay without his blueprints. Frost departs with Lotus to prepare the Sol system for the looming Sentient threat. The elite Corpus squad is destroyed by the Sentients for their failure. Derf Anyo retreats back to his father in shame.

Edit: there will be greedy milk

Edited by -CM-AnonCat

I love the designed lore you have implemented for The Lost Sector do keep it up its interesting and I can see this as been mostly true more so in the future of warframe. The question I have is will The Lost Sector be featuring only Frost or will each episode, or every few episode, contain its own lore and different Frame or just frost?

I love the designed lore you have implemented for The Lost Sector do keep it up its interesting and I can see this as been mostly true more so in the future of warframe. The question I have is will The Lost Sector be featuring only Frost or will each episode, or every few episode, contain its own lore and different Frame or just frost?

A different frame will be featured each episode and will continue the story.

Here's a shiny Lost Sector background! Credit goes to Mirbersc. Check him out here and tell him thanks for the free background. ekvy.jpg

Hot diggity. I really really hope that DE implement an arcade decoration in the dojo to allow this game to actually make into into warframe. Would be epic Edited by TunaMayo

Okay, some updates for you guys.

Firstly, due to a number of reasons, including starting a new job recently, I am going to be taking a back seat in terms of Lost Sector development. This shouldn't change a whole lot, but things may be a little slower.

Secondly, check out this awesome promo image made by Mirbersc:

ekvy.jpg

You can check out his amazing art here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/128876-mirs-art-thread-nov22-lost-sector-frost-wallpaper/#entry1539710

Edited by PenutReaper

Well, we have had a ton of support from the community and from DE.

Lost sector has been mentioned on 2 Prime Times, which we are extremely thankful for (Thanks Rebecca/Megan.)

I would love to add some form of multiplayer, although that is a while away, we are still very much in the prototyping. All the videos I have uploaded are examples of me trying interesting ways to achieve things, jumping being a good example.

• 2 weeks later...

7 Pages and what feels like years since the original post and here comes another info dump.

So, I mentioned previously that I was taking a back seat in terms of Lost Sector development, mostly due to me starting my first real job.

Well, Now seems like the time for me to take the lead once again. I intend to spend this weekend just powering through Lost Sector development.

The Lost Sector team has previously discussed making levels in a similar way to the Warframe, using pre-built "rooms" linked together with a little clever coding, meaning less predictability. That is one of the things I intend to get started on.

The second thing I would like to begin working on is a Lost Sector version of the mod system in Warframe. I wouldn't expect as many mods in Lost Sector as there are in the actual game, but what kind of fan game would this be without Serration, Redirection or Flow?

That's everything I can think of right now, hope you all have a good weekend. I'll try and get a video update out on Sunday, but I can't promise anything.

Wow sounds like you truly plan for this to become a mini Warframe which I thank you for making and putting so much effort and hard work with your team into developing this fan made game. Thanks a lot for keeping up posts and giving us information. Congrats and wish you the best on your first real job. Focus on that first its more important but thanks for doing this Typhuus, PenutReaper, AnonCat, and AnonCat's Brother means a lot to your fellow Tenno!

Edited by AllanIncubi

So. After multiple different methods of mods, I realised something.

I can make a database of mods, and use some form of SQL to get mod data from a server...

What this would mean is that the in game mods would be easier the balance/change.

I'll have a word with the rest of the team and see if this is something that we want to look into, if it is, I am happy to rent a server.

EDIT: Even more thoughts later I realised that a server would mean we can save player data. Hopefully meaning that you could start a game, save the data to our server and then resume from a completely different PC. Although this is all just ideas at this point.

Also, it would help to store data on a server if we intend to add any form of multiplayer... but that is something I really do have to talk to the guys about. My plan would be to post a survey and see how many people want multiplayer and how many do not, and go from there.

Edited by PenutReaper