Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mir's Art Thread - Prints Available! New Stuff Soon!

Mirbersc

Hey all. I'm making this thread so I can keep my stuff together instead of all around the forums.

I'm trying to practice my character art and Warframe is just the best opportunity for me to do that with something I like :)

You can always find the High resolution images for download in my DeviantART page here.

So here we go (new ones at the bottom):

- Grineer-Infested fanart (Oct31)

warframe_infested_grineer_fanart_by_jose

- Arc Flash Volt - final and thumbnail (Nov7)

arc_flash__final__by_josea302-d6tbrkm.jp

and arc_flash_volt_thumbnail_by_josea302-d6t

- Ash (Preview #1):

Update (nov20): Just letting you know that I'm putting the Ash painting on hold in favor of doing some other paintings.

Here's a preview for the current Ash painting. This is just a cropped preview of the body (still in progres, lol). The painting is much larger in scope. It'll be wallpaper-sized this time around! :)

ash_preview_by_josea302-d6tr1fa.jpg

- Frost (Lost Sector Wallpaper):

Now in collaboration with the "Warframe: Lost Sector" independent minigame! Here's a walpaper I did for AnonCat and the rest of the team. Here's a link to their thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/126894-warframe-the-lost-sector-currently-in-development/

Enjoy! High res for download at my DeviantART as usual:

frost_wallpaper_by_josea302-d6v45v3.jpg

Frost -  Glacier Helmet

Concept sketch for another Frost alt helmet. This was a personal sketch but it ended up being Frost :)

frost_glacial_helm_joseochoa_by_josea302

An Ember Christmas

Merry (early) Christmas everyone! emberchristmas_2_by_josea302-d6xqka7.jpg BTW, Is this TOO saturated? Wouldn't like people's eyes hurting after watching it, haha. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this one. I don't have much practice painting fire, so I took it as an opportunity to give it a shot, constructive crits are appreciated ;)

Ember Christmas Update (And Final!)

Took it further and desaturated it quite a bit. Should be more pleasing to the eye now, lol. an_ember_christmas__v2__by_josea302-d6xu

Nekros -  Thanatos Helmet

Loosely based on the shape of an hourglass for the head and an analog clock for the face, to go with the "death" theme of the character without reusing the Grim Reaper features too much.

It wasn't until I was almost done that I realized how similar the silhouette was to the previous one :/ Not too satisfied with it. You win some, you lose some I guess haha. Good thing they're just for fun :) nekros___thanatos_helmet_by_josea302-d71

BioHelm Series

Original concepts from my sketchbook. Not really Warframe-related, but the style is so derived from it that I might as well post them here. Tell me what you think!

bio_helm_two_by_josea302-d72x8zn.jpgbiohelm1_joseochoa_by_josea302-d7293ev.j

Nyx's Army (wallpaper)

So hey! It's been a while haha, sorry about that. Been working on stuff, but here's something new for all you Nyx fans like myself :) Nothing like some good old mind control.

nyx_s_army_by_josea302-d7hzked.jpg

Link to wallpaper download & all that: http://josea302.deviantart.com/art/Nyx-s-Army-453476101?ga_submit_new=10%253A1399835624&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1 let me know if you want a different size!

Ash (Finally done)

Actually done since a while ago, but I forgot, hehe.

It may look a bit dated (at least the way I see it), since I feel like I've learned some new things since then... at least in terms of process, but well, here it is!

ash_by_josea302-d7i8p1h.jpg

Aand wallpaper size here: http://josea302.deviantart.com/art/Ash-453902021

My entry for the Codex Contest. Frost awakening from his slumber. Those guys are in for a proper whopping.

codexentry_mirbersc_by_josea302-d7ll637.

High res.: http://josea302.deviantart.com/art/Warframe-Codex-Entry-459522835

More stuff soon. I hope you enjoy them, and I'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions too. A good constructive critique is always appreciated!

Edited by Mirbersc

They look really nice! I love how it almost seems like the game's DoF + Blur are applied on your pictures. They could make great Warframe posters too.

I also gave a quick look at your gallery and I'm as impressed. Keep up the good work! What are your next plans you already have?

Edited by Casardis

They look really nice! I love how it almost seems like the game's DoF + Blur are applied on your pictures. They could make great Warframe posters too.

I also gave a quick look at your gallery and I'm as impressed. Keep up the good work! What are your next plans you already have?

Thanks! I'm trying to stay faithful to the source and to me those effects are part of the style (I could push it a little though, but I don't want it to be overblown).

And thanks for taking a look! I'm doing an Ash painting at the moment, after that I'll just take a few suggestions if I like them better than my ideas. I do really want to make a Frost, though. :)

These are incredible. I would not be surprised to see you on an upcoming Prime Time. You should totally do something with Nyx mind controlling something. I'd totally pay a reasonable price for a print. Keep the great work coming. 

Nyx mind-controlling stuff is a great idea! I think I'd have to check with the Devs for prints, though. It's not my product after all haha. But I'd love to turn some of these into prints if given the chance!

i love how clean you make the grineer look, id love to seen something like a grineer vs infested picture from you

Thank you! I may do another one with that theme later as I improve. Like I said this is my way of practicing and honestly I feel like the current Grineer-Infested one could use some work. I learned a lot from it and applied it to Volt, so the next one might just be better :)

Thx for my new awesum wallpaper bro! A-m-a-z-i-n-g stuff there! Can u do Ash next? :3

Ash is actually next in the list! :) I might revisit him later too, since the current painting is more of an experiment on my part. We'll see!

Keep up the great work! It's looking great so far. Love the textures you put on some of the armor as well.

Thanks! Sadly it looks a little blurry here, but hopefully that'll fix itself once I downscale it with the rest of the painting :) I still need to work on it anyways.

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. It just makes me want to get better at it!

Looks really awesome. Would really like to see more in the future. Ember maybe?

I do have an idea or two for Ember. I just built one so looking at her design more slowly just gets me hyped for it too! But it'd probably come after a Frost piece (which I think is after Ash, maybe not). If all goes well I'll end up doing most of the frames and even repeating some. I have lots of compositions and things I'd like to try!

Some might just be sketches though. I do have some other things to work on :)

Just letting you know... volts fingers are orange... not the whole hand, just the fingers

You're right. I didn't have a Volt at the moment (I just finished building mine this morning, woo!) and I didn't see that at all. I also noticed a bunch of other stuff lol.

That's a good eye for detail ;) I'll see about updating it when I get a chance. I don't usually revisit practice pieces, but it's such a minor thing that I don't really mind.

As of this week I've started farming all the frames for accuracy. It's much quicker to take a screenshot than to dig through the internet for blurry reference.

Wait... You're trying to practice? You don't need it, these are perfect!

Thank you! Haha I wish I was good enough not to need it, which is impossible really, but always enjoyable to pursue. I'm really glad that you guys enjoy the process though, It's very inspirational to me, so thanks a lot for the support! :D