Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Hat's Off To Corpus Supporters.

Brimir

You know what? In my university, there is a entering interview that asks a bunch of questions and you have to answer correctly to most of them or you will never enter to the university I study in, because it is our job to have correct mentality. One of the questions was: " Would you sacrifice a few people if you could save many? " I answered no to this and it was correct. Every being is valuable and thus I related that question when I looked at Gradivius Dilemma. Still knowing that the slaves are still alive for the most part and that i already started my saving progress by saving those Tenno.

Of course, thinking that sacrifice over many is a noble goal and I respect that, it is always a though one but I can not live with myself knowing that I am willing to sacrifice someone just because it may pull of greater results.

Sacrafice few to save the lives of many

or

Sacrafice many to save the lives of few.

In the contex you placed it in, it is obvious to say no. However that wasn't the case for this event.

You know what? In my university, there is a entering interview that asks a bunch of questions and you have to answer correctly to most of them or you will never enter to the university I study in, because it is our job to have correct mentality. One of the questions was: " Would you sacrifice a few people if you could save many? " I answered no to this and it was correct. Every being is valuable and thus I related that question when I looked at Gradivius Dilemma. Still knowing that the slaves are still alive for the most part and that i already started my saving progress by saving those Tenno.

Of course, thinking that sacrifice over many is a noble goal and I respect that, it is always a though one but I can not live with myself knowing that I am willing to sacrifice someone just because it may pull of greater results.

See, I hate questions like that because they don't take circumstance into account.

I remember a similar test in a magazine:

You, your family, and a bunch of people are hiding. There are people out there ready to kill you if they knew you were there. Your baby begins to cry. Despite your best efforts, you cannot get the baby to stop.

You have a few seconds to make your decision. Do you let the baby keep crying and possibly get everyone in that hiding spot killed? Or would you be willing to smother and kill your child to save everyone else?

The correct answer is that there ISN'T one. Sometimes you have to make a choice that in normal circumstances would be considered horrible, but in THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES under that pressure you have to do it.

It doesn't make it right, but its not necessarily wrong either.

And let's relax people. We have only gotten to see a in-depth look at the Corpus, wait until DE does the same for the Grineer. I'm sure we might be having similar reactions but we just don't know because we don't HAVE anything yet.

See, I hate questions like that because they don't take circumstance into account.

You, your family, and a bunch of people are hiding. There are people out there ready to kill you if they knew you were there. Your baby begins to cry. Despite your best efforts, you cannot get the baby to stop.

You have a few seconds to make your decision. Do you let the baby keep crying and possibly get everyone in that hiding spot killed? Or would you be willing to smother and kill your child to save everyone else?

The correct answer is that there ISN'T one. Sometimes you have to make a choice that in normal circumstances would be considered horrible, but in THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES under that pressure you have to do it.

And let's relax people. We have only gotten to see a in-depth look at the Corpus, wait until DE does the same for the Grineer. I'm sure we might be having similar reactions but we just don't know because we don't HAVE anything yet.

^

this. Lotus even makes a simular statment that we had to make the hard choice of Duty at the cost of sacrafice.

Well,there is always the smart way of closing its mouth with cloth or your hands so it can't be heard.

Just like there should be a smart choice here of killing both factions,taking the pods and preventing grineer dominance.I hate two way dilemmas

Edited by VodkaGR

Muffled cries can still be heard. Are you willing to put everyone else's life to that chance?

That depends on where i am,where the enemies looking for me are,how i'm going to kill it and how long it will take...there are just too many variables.Besides if i go that way,i can't trust the rest to be silent either,so i guess i should send all of them for a trip.

That depends on where i am,where the enemies looking for me are,how i'm going to kill it and how long it will take...there are just too many variables.Besides if i go that way,i can't trust the rest to be silent either,so i guess i should send all of them for a trip.

But see, you're assuming you'd have that information in the instant you have to make that choice. More then often you don't.

I'm saying its easy to take the moral stance when looking at a situation from all corners, but you should never do that until you've been in that situation yourself.

There's a reason people say hindsight is 20/20.

But see, you're assuming you'd have that information in the instant you have to make that choice. More then often you don't.

I'm saying its easy to take the moral stance when looking at a situation from all corners, but you should never do that until you've been in that situation yourself.

There's a reason people say hindsight is 20/20.

Not for those with their heads up their arses.

A Lore discussion! Am amazed.

Both factions are ruthless when it comes to tenno.

They have been killing cryo tenno and using the tech for decades, maby centuries.

The question is how they will act in future to Woken Tenno.

Frozen is one thing, alive and acting another.

Corpus sees warframes and all orokin as tech to explore and use.

They build their new tech based on what they find., like archelogists and scientists.

Grineer uses warframes to make more deadly soldiers.

They are military at the Core, clones that are flawed, living for war and total domination.

Its no question Grineer is the real enemy, they have swallowed colonies, claimed Earth for a homeworld.

They are on a quest to kill all who oppose them and who are not Grineer.

Tenno they seem to fear and hate, guarding terminus, clearly hunting tenno using them for powers.

So good that other parties then the factions are finally recognised.

Of course there are states, corporations, mercs, colonists, federsations, rebels, pirates so on.

If we have faces to the

Its situations like that you always arm yourself...

A Lore discussion! Am amazed.

Both factions are ruthless when it comes to tenno.

They have been killing cryo tenno and using the tech for decades, maby centuries.

The question is how they will act in future to Woken Tenno.

Frozen is one thing, alive and acting another.

Corpus sees warframes and all orokin as tech to explore and use.

They build their new tech based on what they find., like archelogists and scientists.

Grineer uses warframes to make more deadly soldiers.

They are military at the Core, clones that are flawed, living for war and total domination.

Its no question Grineer is the real enemy, they have swallowed colonies, claimed Earth for a homeworld.

They are on a quest to kill all who oppose them and who are not Grineer.

Tenno they seem to fear and hate, guarding terminus, clearly hunting tenno using them for powers.

So good that other parties then the factions are finally recognised.

Of course there are states, corporations, mercs, colonists, federsations, rebels, pirates so on.

If we have faces to the

Looks like this post got snatched by candleja

People talk of sacrifice when throwing their fellow Tenno to the Corpus.  But sacrifice without some gain is foolish.

Thousands, millions, even billions of civilians do not and cannot equal up to the loss of a few hundred Tenno.  From all that we've seen, the Grineer and Corpus are both far too powerful for any random civilian uprising to phase them.  The Tenno are the only ones who can break the chokehold they have on the system.  If we have to let burn a few million in order to better arm and equip ourselves, so be it.  There's more colonists from where they came from.

Look at the long term.  Tenno and their warframes might be the only chance any version of humanity has of surviving the next hundred years.  Ignoring the pathetic infighting of the Grineer and Corpus.  Look at the Infested instead.  No one has managed to put up any kind of resistance against them.  They just consume.  Given time, all will fall to them.  The Tenno can stand up to them.  Even if only to slow them down and buy someone else time to make a cure or just flee.

Millions, perhaps billions, will die by the end of this.  Be it by Corpus or Grineer hand.  But Tenno will be the ones that give anyone a chance of surviving the Infested.  Saving Tenno, building Tenno strength, protecting Tenno.  These things are worth more then entire planets.

Because when the day comes that spores rain across the system.  When twisted blood runs through the rivers of every world.  Only the Tenno will truly stand against the darkness.  And if they are not strong enough, the system will fall.  Every Tenno you fail to save shaves a bit more off our survival rates.

While this is one viewpoint, the knowledge that each of the tenno saved were bought with 1000s of innocent lives may just turn them into a stalker or worse.

The difference is by working with Corpus they may see the value and profit in it is of more value than exploiting Orokin technology in the short term, there is no working with the Grineer unless it serves thier purpose.  Grineer have their fair share of despots but most are clones of those despots.

Is it wrong that I immediately thought to sacrifice the kid? I don't apply this logic to the event's scenario because (unlike a baby) tenno are killing machines capable of slaughtering hundreds of enemies casually.

just saying but there are questions that are asked and that have no good answer this is one of such cases both answers can be considered good in this case, or bad. this question alone, especially if you only answered "no" had no impact on its own in your interview but rather when taken with all the other questions you were asked.

like he said

As somebody who supported the Grineer, it's not like the horse we backed was any better: as we learned from Ruk's message that included the loyalty badge, the Grineer are cannibals - they eat the children of those they conquer. To cut and paste what I've said elsewhere, this is also what the statue he gave us did to our hall:

t54t.jpg

Full albulm: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/126359-dojo-haunted/, there was never any "statue may be possessed by the souls of dead kids" disclaimer; I expected such Used Car Salesmanship from Alad. I was honest with myself, I did my work for the Grineer because they payed me to do it - the rest of the clan fell under Ruk's spell and now they can't stand, because that's how Ruk expects to see them from now on... on their knees >:(

As I've noted elsewhere, I support the Infested now - they're actually the most "innocent" faction of the bunch (Tenno included); no matter your past crimes or original affiliation they unconditionally accept you and want you join them... plus, they're in the best position to give loot due to having unfettered access to Orokin ships for centuries and don't need the technology. :-P

Edited by Taranis49

As somebody who supported the Grineer, it's not like the horse we backed was any better: as we learned from Ruk's message that included the loyalty badge, the Grineer are cannibals - they eat the children of those they conquer. To cut and paste what I've said elsewhere, this is also what the statue he gave us did to our hall:

t54t.jpg

Full albulm: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/126359-dojo-haunted/, there was never any "statue may be possessed by the souls of dead kids" disclaimer; I expected such Used Car Salesmanship from Alad. I was honest with myself, I did my work for the Grineer because they payed me to do it - the rest of the clan fell under Ruk's spell and now they can't stand, because that's how Ruk expects to see them from now on... on their knees >:(

As I've noted elsewhere, I support the Infested now - they're actually the most "innocent" faction of the bunch (Tenno included); no matter your past crimes or original affiliation they unconditionally accept you and want you join them... plus, they're in the best position to give loot due to having unfettered access to Orokin ships for centuries and don't need the technology. :-P

would be nice if you could include the full message of ruk ~a curious tenno who supported the corpus~

would be nice if you could include the full message of ruk ~a curious tenno who supported the corpus~

f6zy.jpg

2nd line. Additional note, the statue he gave our clan is of himself trying to look like he did something, yet not once did I see him in the battle :-P

f6zy.jpg

2nd line. Additional note, the statue he gave our clan is of himself trying to look like he did something, yet not once did I see him in the battle :-P

wait....he said that you are now a grineer does that mean lotus will ask me to hunt you down?

more seriously though damn that's some messed up message