Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yareli K-Drive Quest is too Difficult

Yet another Frustrating half hour of trying to get a 1500point trick combo and failing yet again

Looks like I'm done trying for the day.

Funny, usually play sessions are supposed to end on a good note, not rage quit.

Might want to look into that DE.

Honestly I don't mind spending the plat to just buy Yareli, but I would feel really bad leaving Rocky comatose.

Kinda regretting starting that quest and leaving it unresolved.

Open your map, find the Pearl on the west, clear out all enemies, ride in circles untill you get your 1500p or more.

Also, if you don't have the new lab in the dojo: building a lab - 24h, researching Yoloreally's parts - another 72h. Enjoy this great new update. ^_^

Wait, you're having trouble with 1.5k? 

My guy, there are so many ways to cheese it. From mods that add to the combo multiplier and increase Jump heights and speed, you already have a good band-aid for your problem.

Also, using your surrounding is very beneficial. I personnaly use the big pipe on the back-left side of the Fortuna elevator. Grind a bit (with grab for more points), then at the end I just jump and make a U-turn in the air to follow up with another grind. I usualy get 3k easely (6k with the mod).

There are many other spots tho, so you minght find something that suits you more elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

From mods that add to the combo multiplier and increase Jump heights and speed, you already have a good band-aid for your problem.

Oh yes, all those mods that you can get without having to grind kdrives... oh wait.

Yes, I do have all the mods equipped, for points, air time, mag locks, jump height, etc.

and yes I have been trying The Pearl Cheeze

even the Pearl is too difficult for me

I have problems landing on grindable surfaces; so... I can be grinding, but the action of: jump, do trick, reattach, isn't working out for me

after jumping and doing a trick I'll usually miss the rail coming back down and either land on the ground -ending the combo, or I fall into the bottomless pit.

half an hour of that over and over again with no improvement

I just don't seem to have the coordination to control landing trajectory after being airborne

1 hour ago, Infirito said:

Open your map, find the Pearl on the west, clear out all enemies, ride in circles untill you get your 1500p or more.

Yeah, that's the failure I was referring to.

I haven't been able to do more than about 3/4 of a circle before I screw up and lose the combo. highest I've managed is around 500pts.

1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I haven't been able to do more than about 3/4 of a circle before I screw up and lose the combo. highest I've managed is around 500pts.

well, you can try using the pipe behind the Fortuna elevator, it has a doubling coin on it, so with the combo mod on your K you can grind on the pipe then do some tricks when you jump off, that'll get you over 1500, not sure if you can get 2000 with only one-way grind, though.

yeah, dude, if you're having trouble staying on a grind for more than like 500 points worth... that's more of a 'you' problem. The mission isn't difficult, you just have a personal issue with one of its easiest parts. Are you on console? I think the controls are a lot harder for k-driving with a controller, so I'm pretty sure you can actually attach a keyboard to Xboxes nowadays - maybe give that a go
I personally use the pipe behind fortuna, and it's total child's play - I literally just hold down one button (grind) until I'm near the end, then I hold and release a second button (jump). Turn my mouse, spam right mouse and space alternating, then hold the grind key again right before I land. Rinse, repeat, max score every time.

Il y a 6 heures, chaotea a dit :

Oh yes, all those mods that you can get without having to grind kdrives... oh wait.

What I said is just as valid as any post recommending mods that are obtainable from a Faction in any circumstance. You either grind for them or buy them; it's been that way for years, so I'd prefer you keep your misplaced sarcasm for yourself. 

2 hours ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

What I said is just as valid as any post recommending mods that are obtainable from a Faction in any circumstance. You either grind for them or buy them; it's been that way for years, so I'd prefer you keep your misplaced sarcasm for yourself. 

Hardly miss-placed.

If the op had said 'i find doing damage really hard and it takes ages to defeat them' you would have said 'defeat enemies to get mods that let you do more damage'. While this is 'valid', it also flies in the face of the context of the post. You might as well say 'just do the thing you hate until you get better'.

This will take some practice but. Go onto the lake. And spam jump and space. Make sure you start every jump with a flip. And never spend more than 0.5 seconds on the ground.
It takes a while to get the timing down, but when you get into the rythem you can max your score straight out the gate with no grinding rails or mods.

On 2021-07-09 at 4:37 PM, DannyGre said:

This will take some practice but. Go onto the lake. And spam jump and space. Make sure you start every jump with a flip. And never spend more than 0.5 seconds on the ground.
It takes a while to get the timing down, but when you get into the rythem you can max your score straight out the gate with no grinding rails or mods.

Doesn't seem to work, touching the ground/water ends the trick chain. Even with less than .5 secs of contact.

Might be a PC/Console Framerate difference thing.... in the past that's done strange things with timings.

Archived