Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How is Oberon in 2021?

-Vahagn-

Define knight.

If you're going for a knight themed frame, Trinity P and Gara P are visually more like what you would imagine as a knight themed class in any Fantasy MMORPG, but Gara functions more like a Mage-Spellsword-Illusion magic oriented Wizard and Trinity more like a Warlock or Shaman with debuffs and one Paladin-esque ability, Blessing. (we don't talk about WoL here; you can subsume it for a melee themed ability, like War Cry f.ex.)

All in all there are few frames that could be considered knight themed; Swordsman? Excal. Melee-Tank? Valkyr. Neither really are.

• 2 weeks later...

He’s not a bad frame. Just outdated and has a broken, ineffective kit compared to other frames that have been released over time. I still play him, he’s my main. But it’s frustrating to see how held back hes been by time and an overall lack in interesting mechanics. Everything he can do, there’s another frame that does it better. And THAT SUCKS. Even the way he looks is kind of lame, his mesh has scrawny arms and a weird torso. I love this frame, I like his identity, his role, I just don’t understand why after so many years, no effort has been put into making him good.

A thread about Oberon and I am not invited.

I reccommend you  him because he is a good all arounder frame who got reworks in the past and he is very usable if you know him enough. He can play supportive roles, damage dealing, status immunity and armor stripping what he can do mainly. Also he have the best horns in the entire game so I strongly advice to listen to those who says try it. Also you make me happy if you give him some chance and try to play it more often.

Cheers.

I use "Broberon" (Oberon) purely as a Vapor Specter. His abilities scale well enough as a specter as the levels go up and he looks really cool. I can rely on him to keep me safe in most situations. Just need to grab that daily 5k Ferrite and 7k Salvage a day. He's gotten almost 7% usage rate from me using him as a specter - still havn't gotten any XP for him.

It's hard to add anything when so many good answers were added already :D

Oberon is quite good and strong in good hands the only issue he have that is not very viable as the core essence of the game doesn't have an answer for stationary,tanky,heavy defense gameplay.

Right now the whole game revolves around quickness both in missions and in killing and if you are stationary for a second in high level you are done so Oberon does not really have any support for these modes.

Healing is good,okay but in high endgame you are just one shot by npcs,strip armor is good always but in a good team your team already have enough to get it through,pet strengthening...your cat or dog is also one shot XD ,etc

Support does not really have any serious use right now,maybe later when some missions will require it more than healing the Pod or the extractors.

It's good for fun and if you really like nature based characters but everybody will prefer Titania over Oberon.

I just created Oberon Prime today but I played quite a lot with Oberon,easy to fall in love with it hard to keep playing it.But it's only my personal opinion

Archived