Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How is Oberon in 2021?

-Vahagn-

Weak. when built for max damage, smite is incapable of doing anything against armored or shielded enemies, field is only good for confusion procs, heal is so slow it does not keep you alive ever. Ultimate is "passable" but so slow you get gibbed while using at higher levels.

He's a great ask around frame to me. If you're not chasing meta efficiency for everything, then he's a more than capable frame. Heals, CCs, Buffs. His 1 is useful, but is also a good to skill to replace to compliment your play style. 

Personally, I like how the older frames play with their straight forward abilities. 

47 minutes ago, Godmode_Ash said:

Wukong is one of the fastest frame. When majority of the content players just want to rush thru, wukong is an ideal choice.

He's also an ideal choice to give an aoe weapon to for his clone to spam and blind the screen while contributing nothing.  But the little cloud teleport makes up for that I guess.  It does cut off a whole 20 seconds to get to extraction.

Oberon demands a massive strength build. The more strength you pour in, the better his entire kit gets. Anyone who says Oberon is any kind of weak is just kidding themselves. He has one of the best 1s in the entire game, offering quality CC and scaling damage, and it is great to toss out when reloading, or just to distract a group of enemies if you want.

Oberon is one of the few frames that is suited to every mission, and pairs well with almost every frame in the game. Armor and health regen are just plain useful on all frames, and armor strip is always handy for all armored enemies, and his constant spew of radiation makes the Infestation a joke as their greatest defense is completely nullified by one toss of smite.

I've seen arguments that Wisp can do his job better, and I can see the argument for that. However Oberon is a much safer pick. Oberon sports higher defenses and better zone control than Wisp. Wisp trades some of Oberon's raw defense and CC for more damage, which in a damage meta can be exceptionally good, but Oberon is reliable.

That being said, Oberon is in need of help. I personally feel Oberon is currently lacking in the armor department. Sure, his Iron Renewal buff is substantial with a high strength build, however, Oberon best suits a tanky healer role as his kit stands right now, and his base armor is lacking. Oberon is one of my most used frames, and he is the perfect solo frame. He has everything to get the job done on his own in most situations. There are a few specialized situations where he falters a little, but overall he's solid and one of the best all-around frames, if not then he is the best all-around frame. Plus, RADIATION IS INSANELY USEFUL

Am I biased because I love Oberon? Maybe. I think he's the best frame in the game personally. Is he aged? Yes. Is he by any means broken and unusable or reliant on outdated mechanics and is a one-trick? No. Oberon is an exceptional frame capable of handling himself in the Steel Path to the end. He has no bad abilities. He's certainly not Loki, who has aged so poorly he's been replaced entirely by someone so much better at his job.

I only really want 1 change to oberon and that is that he stop healing necros shadows.  He is to me the second best healer in the game after wisp. It just the energy drain that necro cause that bring him down as a necro can drain 500 energy in 3 seconds for oberon.

You either build him for significant efficiency and duration or no efficiency and all strength.  Neither of which are great options and if you try for a balanced build you'll get an ok frame that's not very good at anything past 30 or 40.

On 2021-07-09 at 11:48 PM, Monochromeatic said:

Honestly there is nothing oberon can do that wisp can't do better in my opinion

Oberon gives better heal/s and ehp for any frame with more than 1000hp since he also provides armor. His augments prevent player death and can deal bonus damage. His 2 provides CC and status immunity for a given area which makes him great for eidolons or any stationary mission. Also he's the only frame that can heal stationary objectives faster since spamming his 2 is not limited like other frames. Im not saying he's better than Wisp at everything but saying that Wisp is better in every way is flat out wrong, opinion or not.

For me, Oberon was my go-to frame for early game, more so than Excal (which in the end I never liked).

He has all the goodies other fellow Tenno already mentioned, and my personal favorite, self and squad healing, especially for early game where you dont have access to reliable self heal (Operator arcanes etc...)

Overall, great, reliable, balanced frame, good for almost everything the game throws at you, without being an expert in a specific field.

Oldie but goldie ^^

3 hours ago, GrazeZeroLow said:

I'm still invincible. Still soloing every mode. Still headbutting every "boss" mechanic.

8XU1Yi5.jpg

CRWXCHg.jpg

Just a heads up you can make any frame in the game "immortal" by cheesing with blood altar, rage+quick thinking. You can take any frame in the game to an endless steelpath with relative ease as long as your take out leeches, its not something that's really exclusive to oberon. This combo on frames such as Saryn, ember, mesa etc allow you to have essentially unlimited energy and survivabilty while doing insane amounts of DPS. Oberon is a -good- frame but top tier? Not imo. An easy way to make him top tier is to increase the range of his hallowed ground and casting his 4th on enemies who are standing on it provides 100% shield and armour strip regardless of power strength.

4 hours ago, Monochromeatic said:

Just a heads up you can make any frame in the game "immortal" by cheesing with blood altar, rage+quick thinking. You can take any frame in the game to an endless steelpath with relative ease as long as your take out leeches, its not something that's really exclusive to oberon. This combo on frames such as Saryn, ember, mesa etc allow you to have essentially unlimited energy and survivabilty while doing insane amounts of DPS. Oberon is a -good- frame but top tier? Not imo. An easy way to make him top tier is to increase the range of his hallowed ground and casting his 4th on enemies who are standing on it provides 100% shield and armour strip regardless of power strength.

I found that trick not to work all of the time.  In fact more then 50% of the time I have to recast is 4 several times to strip armor.

Oberon used to be one of the best early game frame... until DE made a dumb decision putting him behind VEIL PROXIMA. He is in the category of good underrated frames. All of his abilities have it's uses.. except his 4, but you can swap it out to something else.

Apart from whether Oberon is better than other frames, his play style is absolutely fun and unique. Any frame is viable in almost every situation, even high-level steel path etc. For me, the most important thing is whether a frame gives you a special way to have fun and isn't annoying; Oberon does.

He absolutely helps any squad, and never interferes with other players' enjoyment, so you get your warm fuzzies for being a team player.

Area denial CC abilities are very rare in Warframe, so his 2 is remarkable for that purpose. And it's just fun, ya know? Have your garden, heal your friends, and every once in a while smash the bad guys or knock them on their asses. Reckoning may not be a great ability, but damn is it fun to use.

2 hours ago, Hawk1911 said:

I found that trick not to work all of the time.  In fact more then 50% of the time I have to recast is 4 several times to strip armor.

That's  intended sadly, as you can see from the wiki entry, its one of the hardest ways to strip armor in the game and if you are trying to build a frame to strip armor then just play frost or ember, they both do it without crippling your entire build with excess power strength.

• Armor reduction is applied to the enemy's base armor when accounting multiple casts.

22 hours ago, Monochromeatic said:

That's  intended sadly, as you can see from the wiki entry, its one of the hardest ways to strip armor in the game and if you are trying to build a frame to strip armor then just play frost or ember, they both do it without crippling your entire build with excess power strength.

• Armor reduction is applied to the enemy's base armor when accounting multiple casts.

Yeah so I don't even bother doing it unless I have a surplus of energy that is not being drained by continually healing and protecting friendly players or NPCs.  Which happens a lot especially when I'm trying to avoid using Rage or Hunters Adrenaline.

He's playable but really there is no reason to pick him over anything else. Armor strip is costly (3 casts) and low range, heal is slow and redundant with shield gating being #1 survivability, 1 scales with enemy HP but not any effective meanwhile we got OP weapons to kill everything so its irrelevant. No hard CC, no masskilling outside of very low level ult spam.  Buff with aug? really meh.

Am 14.7.2021 um 02:41 schrieb Marvelous_A:

Solid abilities but no reason to use him whatsoever from point of view of efficiency. 

actually a cool warframe. only there are top skills and they dictate the direction.
if it's not about solo, I would still play my favorite warframe. #*!% performance! there are more important things !!

On 2021-07-09 at 6:04 PM, WH1735S0W said:

I feel silly for asking this, but what is sum?

Its the poor man's argument about "If X does Y better than Z, then why should I use X?"

Like what that guy did, ignoring Oberon's whole kit in favor of using only his heal.

This argument of "Not using this frame because this other does this one thing better" is an old and stupid one because no non-stupid/stubborn person will use only 1 ability in a mission.

Oberon is a good frame for what he does ,

Just that what he does is not so much in demand.

you can consider him a cleric/paladin frame.

A mix of tanking , buff and healing support, as in he will provide armor , health regen and some damage boost (radiation) to allies

He isnt the worst frame to have , but is easily outclassed by many newer frames (and some reworked frames)

There are a few limited unique things that he can do - create an area of status immunity , provide an instance of death denial (on cool down) for the team and cosplay as the best druid.

Archived