Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Milurva: the Chef

TCT2019

The gourmand. The mistress of fine cuisine.
Once thought to be only myth, the Savoir of Cetus rises to put smiles on her allies' faces, and her enemies on the menu.
Her special blend of herbs and spices open enemies to attack, striping armor and lowering all defense.
Tenderizer increases melee critical damage for a short time, making even shorter work of her prey.
Pre-heat imbues her allies weapons with heat damage, adding it to their weapons for a short time.
And finally, the coup de grâce: her exalted arch-gun, the Sizzler, hurls molten hot waves of oil, cooking her foes alive. Any enemies caught in her culinary cataclysm become beacons of nourishment for her fellow Tenno, increasing move speed and melee attack speed. Her buffs can also stack with other frames', including Volt and Grendel.
If you can't beat them, Tenno... eat them.

dencmom-660ce257-bbe5-4805-8a67-0bf41d35So waddaya think? Her abilities are kind of a WIP, so if anyone has input on how to make em better or more unique, please let me know!

That kind of would be great. XD
With her Sizzler arch gun, I imagined enemies killed by it wouldn't ragdoll, but instead be frozen in place with a golden brown "fried" texture applies to them, and walking near enemies gives the aforementioned buffs. Or maybe they could even disappear into dust like with the dead bodies you get credits from on Earth missions sometimes.
Grineer fritters, anyone? XD

Oh, and if anyone's wondering: yes, pre-heat ADDS heat damage to allied weapons, meaning if you have toxin or cold it'll turn it into gas or blast temporarily.
If you already have a combo, you'll just get free heat on top of it. Think Lavos' gimmick but it applies to everyone's weapons at once. XD

21 hours ago, TCT2019 said:
The gourmand. The mistress of fine cuisine.
Once thought to be only myth, the Savoir of Cetus rises to put smiles on her allies' faces, and her enemies on the menu.
Her special blend of herbs and spices open enemies to attack, striping armor and lowering all defense.
Tenderizer increases melee critical damage for a short time, making even shorter work of her prey.
Pre-heat imbues her allies weapons with heat damage, adding it to their weapons for a short time.
And finally, the coup de grâce: her exalted arch-gun, the Sizzler, hurls molten hot waves of oil, cooking her foes alive. Any enemies caught in her culinary cataclysm become beacons of nourishment for her fellow Tenno, increasing move speed and melee attack speed. Her buffs can also stack with other frames', including Volt and Grendel.
If you can't beat them, Tenno... eat them.

dencmom-660ce257-bbe5-4805-8a67-0bf41d35So waddaya think? Her abilities are kind of a WIP, so if anyone has input on how to make em better or more unique, please let me know!

I feel certain abilities are too much while others are too little. For their current position in the kit. Missing a passive too. Got me picturing a kit like:

Passive - health and energy orbs more likely to spawn and increase in effectiveness. 

First ability - sprinkles a cloud of seasoning around her, causing short blindness and reduced accuracy for enemies caught inside. 

Second ability - adds an armor and shield stripping buff to her and her allies’s weapons. Enemies affected by her first will take increased melee damage. 

Third ability - adds a separate fire attribute damage to melees. Parrying ability like from prosecutors are canceled and their weapons are destroyed. Metal bullet type guns gain increased punch through.

Fourth ability - turns the ground into a boiling pool that pulls nearby enemies in like a vacuum. Enemies inside take damage. First ability casted on it will cause all the enemies to take increased damage. Meleeing the pool with the second ability active will cause all enemies trapped inside to have their armor and shields stripped. If canceled or run out of time, the enemies will shoot out leaving health and energy orbs remaining. Size of the pool and vacuum is affected by range. Also lures enemies towards it. 

That’s sort of what I picture. Not good with visual details, but basically just picture an in ground pot. Cloud of smoke. Could see animated tears falling from enemy eyes. Tenderizer will cause the tip of melees and guns to be lit up in what ever color her energy is.  

Her signature weapon looking like a BO staff with a spoon tip. Could see her switching it to a fork tip for puncture and a knife tip for slash damage. The spoon tip allows her to shovel up objects to launch as projectiles when heavy attack is performed. 

Basically her cooking made everybody lively. Always restoring their health and bringing energy to the young. Some called her Hestia. Others called her Demeter. But in Cetus she is known as Milurva. 

Maybe I’m going a bit overboard but I didn’t expect the fat frame concept to exist. So at this point, anything is impossible. 

It feels like she's more of a Buff/Support/Tank frame with her theme of a mother-like and a cook

though her Tenderize ability could do more so I might add, if an enemy has been killed it would drop a randomize orbs contains buffs like:

• Ability strength
  • Energy regen
  • Damage reduction
  • Critical damage

On 2021-07-15 at 8:21 PM, (PSN)chris1pat8twins said:

I feel certain abilities are too much while others are too little. For their current position in the kit. Missing a passive too. Got me picturing a kit like:

Passive - health and energy orbs more likely to spawn and increase in effectiveness. 

First ability - sprinkles a cloud of seasoning around her, causing short blindness and reduced accuracy for enemies caught inside. 

Second ability - adds an armor and shield stripping buff to her and her allies’s weapons. Enemies affected by her first will take increased melee damage. 

Third ability - adds a separate fire attribute damage to melees. Parrying ability like from prosecutors are canceled and their weapons are destroyed. Metal bullet type guns gain increased punch through.

Fourth ability - turns the ground into a boiling pool that pulls nearby enemies in like a vacuum. Enemies inside take damage. First ability casted on it will cause all the enemies to take increased damage. Meleeing the pool with the second ability active will cause all enemies trapped inside to have their armor and shields stripped. If canceled or run out of time, the enemies will shoot out leaving health and energy orbs remaining. Size of the pool and vacuum is affected by range. Also lures enemies towards it. 

That’s sort of what I picture. Not good with visual details, but basically just picture an in ground pot. Cloud of smoke. Could see animated tears falling from enemy eyes. Tenderizer will cause the tip of melees and guns to be lit up in what ever color her energy is.  

Her signature weapon looking like a BO staff with a spoon tip. Could see her switching it to a fork tip for puncture and a knife tip for slash damage. The spoon tip allows her to shovel up objects to launch as projectiles when heavy attack is performed. 

Basically her cooking made everybody lively. Always restoring their health and bringing energy to the young. Some called her Hestia. Others called her Demeter. But in Cetus she is known as Milurva. 

Maybe I’m going a bit overboard but I didn’t expect the fat frame concept to exist. So at this point, anything is impossible. 

I like your Ideas a WHOLE lot better then my original ones, except for her fourth. I'd honestly kind of prefer keeping that an exalted weapon because we don't have many of those, and we ESPECIALLY don't have a friggin arch gun as an exalted... to my knowledge.

On 2021-07-15 at 9:45 PM, Emptyblank00 said:

It feels like she's more of a Buff/Support/Tank frame with her theme of a mother-like and a cook

though her Tenderize ability could do more so I might add, if an enemy has been killed it would drop a randomize orbs contains buffs like:

• Ability strength
  • Energy regen
  • Damage reduction
  • Critical damage

I like this idea, too. The abilities I thought up were unrefined "spur of the moment" concepts, really. The additional input really makes her more flushed out and balanced.

3 hours ago, TCT2019 said:

I like this idea, too. The abilities I thought up were unrefined "spur of the moment" concepts, really. The additional input really makes her more flushed out and balanced.

The ability strength buff is such a underrated feature

6 hours ago, TCT2019 said:

Oh, interesting.
Well, two out of several dozen. Maybe a third would be nice?

I wish they had some casting speed booster. A frame that can maybe increase the casting speed of other abilities amongst other things. Like some kind of meditation focus energy type ability. Like maybe while causing nearby enemies to react slowly, ally casting speed is increased. Something like that. Like they are getting high on something while providing an opposite effect to itself and allies. 

But I doubt DE will make another power strength buffer. The current existing ones alone are OP when together. Altogether we could make Rhino Roar reach 700. Over 2,000 if everybody is fissured. And don’t get me started what it can do for chroma. Throwing in more would be overkill and DE are already nerfing things as is. Don’t want to give them another excuse. Don’t want them nerfing everything so badly that we would depend on full squads of power strength buffers. 

Ok, so here's Milurva's updated ability list based on your suggestions:

Passive: health orbs can always be picked up, giving temporary armor when health is full. (Can stack up to 300% armor)

1st ~ Season: sprinkles a cloud of seasoning around her, causing short blindness and reduced accuracy for enemies caught inside. (Suggested by chirs1pat8twins)

2nd ~ Tenderize: adds an armor and shield stripping buff to her and her allies’ weapons. Enemies affected by her first will take increased melee damage. (Suggested by chirs1pat8twins)

3rd ~ Pre-Heat: adds heat element to nearby allies' weapons and gives ballistic weapons increased punch through. (Second half suggested by chirs1pat8twins)

4th ~ Sizzler: an exalted arch-gun that deep fries enemies, dealing heat and corrosive damage. Enemies inflicted by Season become golden, crispy statues that grant allies with increased health, shield, armor, movement and casting speed. The more enemies get fried close together, the stronger the buffs; perfect for defense missions!

How's this sound?

On 2021-07-26 at 8:45 PM, (PSN)BaronHypersthen said:

The idea that certain wa frames get their own special buff I think is a very brilliant and creative idea, my mind is already thinking of combos (recipes haha) for specific set ups. Certainly a fun power.

Glad you think so!
Pert of me sincerely doubts DE will ever put my big girl into the game, but maybe if you guys like the idea enough... you never know what might happen!
She'll definitely need someone more talented than me to make an official looking render of her to fit the game better.

Archived