Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat suspension

(PSN)xHumbleFreex

Question

5 answers to this question

Unfortunately this is a trick that gets alot of players. It has to do with the real life link to platinum meaning that to some degree using a coupon thats not your own could be percieved as shorting DE. Atleast thats how I've understood it from other stories. The best place to handle this would be to launch a support ticket to see what can be done.

The best advice is just to always follow the trading rule that appears somewhere in game but for the life of me dont know where of not trading for anything that can't be directly fulfilled through an actual trade even if other players are. Though the fact that I cant even remember where thats displayed is worrying cause that should definitely be more front page stuff.

10 minutes ago, (PSN)xHumbleFreex said:

Got suspended from chat for trying to buy a 50% off coupon I saw people selling them in chat so I put wtb 50% off coupon then I got banned can someone tell me how long this is going to last or is it time to move to a new game

Any questions regarding a chat ban or an account ban will have to be addressed to support, you can make a support ticket, and they will get back to you and explain the situation/length of time/possibility of appeal, etc. etc. 

I can link you if you want, but you should find it easily on the main page. 

As for the rest. If you just got off with a temporary chat ban, and not an account ban, you are lucky. 

Buying a 50% off coupon from someone is absolutely some shady stuff going on that is against the terms of service, as is buying platinum from third party sites, or trading for promises of any kind. 

Rule of thumb: If everything involved in the trade cannot go in the trade window, it is not a legitimate trade. 

I know coupons work different on PC and console, but one thing is the same on both, coupons are NOT transferable between accounts. So if someone suggests such a trade, they are a scammer, or just trying to get people banned from chat by trolling them, like in your situation. 

Discount coupons on console give discounts on SOME items in the market. “Buying” or “selling” these isn’t like a regular trade, it’s essentially just a promise. And is risky because if you pay that person the amount of plat for a discounted item, they can quite easily just take your plat and run and never gift you the item you wanted.

the the Trade Chat window it even states that DE do not enforce trades for promises. If you advertise buying or selling then you run the risk of a ban.

remember it says trade for items ONLY.

"Can I trade for items or services not listed in the Trade interface?

No, trading is restricted to what is listed in the trading UI. Players trading for items or services not listed in the trading interface face removal of trading privilege, account suspension or permanent banning."

"Non-Warframe Item Trading: Trading in-game items for non-game items (including cash) is a violation of the Terms of Use/EULA, and can lead to your account being banned. If the items can't be traded within the Trade UI, it is not a supported trade."

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200092259-Trading-FAQ-Safe-Trading-Tips

---

The forums are unable to assist with account issues, including suspensions from chat or the game.

If you want to appeal against the suspension, you will need to contact support by submitting a ticket as they are the only ones able to assist with this.

Support: http://support.warframe.com/

Archived