Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players extracting before acolyte spawns in daily steel path defense/exterminate/etc missions

Johnny5five

This is mostly just feedback as there are no real answers currently that don't involve playing solo or with friends.  Doing higher level missions like defense solo aren't the most enjoyable for some and can take a good deal longer than with a group.  Maybe forcing the acolytes to spawn within 3 minutes of the start of the mission would help.  Even asking the group politely at the beginning of the mission doesn't always yield desirable results.  I understand that some might not care about the rewards (why bother playing at all), but its really only 1-3 minutes added to the mission.  Not a big ask I think.  Hopefully DE can come up with a solution that resolves this.

I mean i can understand it in a capture, sabotage or rescue because people might be running them solely for a quick 5 essence and not really care for 2 extra. and tbh most other mission modes will take you to about the acolyte spawn mark anyway. Even solo incursions I rarely wait around on faster game modes.

Its also worth nothing that acolytes are impossible to spawn in some tilesets so that might be a reason

1 hour ago, (PSN)Etheral_Synergy said:

I mean i can understand it in a capture, sabotage or rescue because people might be running them solely for a quick 5 essence and not really care for 2 extra. and tbh most other mission modes will take you to about the acolyte spawn mark anyway. Even solo incursions I rarely wait around on faster game modes.

Its also worth nothing that acolytes are impossible to spawn in some tilesets so that might be a reason

Not really understanding the logic of not wanting to wait around for an extra minute or 2 for more steel essence and a arcane.  Even if you already have the arcanes they are still worth plat.  The point is you're screwing three other people out of rewards they may want for no reason other than being impatient/ignorant.  Its a game based on coop...

So extermination, capture, defense, and rescue can all be completed before the acolyte spawn and those missions make up the vast majority of the alerts.  Its a problem.

23 minutes ago, Johnny5five said:

Not really understanding the logic of not wanting to wait around for an extra minute or 2 for more steel essence and a arcane.  Even if you already have the arcanes they are still worth plat.  The point is you're screwing three other people out of rewards they may want for no reason other than being impatient/ignorant.  Its a game based on coop...

So extermination, capture, defense, and rescue can all be completed before the acolyte spawn and those missions make up the vast majority of the alerts.  Its a problem.

tbf definitely used to do it more before sisters of parvos because arcanes are a shiny new thing i need. At the moment its more just im on the game to play the game and not to essentially idle for a reward. If I wanted acolytes i usually just pop in an endless of my choice (though i definitetly understand the draw of bunching both into one as a quick daily way to slowly earn these things) usually on incursions for a quick fix of essence to save for teshin. Though I should definitely say i always do sp solo and could definitely see diagreements with stuff like this being a reeeeeal drag to play with. Guess the only real solution would be implementing solo extraction into steel path. 

Sorry if I came off at all as "ah well you're dumb this is why", just offering my personal reasons for it to see if that would help with getting an idea of others motivations. Don't think its great to do this in public lobbies but other people have their own reasons i guess.

it's for the best that there are fast Gamemodes so that people that want to spend just a few Minutes to do some of their daily chores can wrap that up. while those looking to 'maximize' their Rewards, can do that instead.

23 hours ago, Johnny5five said:

This is mostly just feedback as there are no real answers currently that don't involve playing solo or with friends.  Doing higher level missions like defense solo aren't the most enjoyable for some and can take a good deal longer than with a group.  Maybe forcing the acolytes to spawn within 3 minutes of the start of the mission would help.  Even asking the group politely at the beginning of the mission doesn't always yield desirable results.  I understand that some might not care about the rewards (why bother playing at all), but its really only 1-3 minutes added to the mission.  Not a big ask I think.  Hopefully DE can come up with a solution that resolves this.

If you want to farm Acolytes, don't do it in the Daily Incursions. Go and pick out an Endless Survival Node.

The purpose of the Incursions, is to reward a guaranteed 5 SE with no need to farm Acolytes; they're intended for casual players who aren't into it.

I think a good solution would be to Disable Acolyte spawns from the Daily Incursions. To discourage this conflict on interest when players go into them for the wrong reason. 

you're already getting 5 SE from them.. not like you need to milk them any harder.

Am 17.7.2021 um 13:27 schrieb Johnny5five:

many missions are over quickly. there it makes sense exit the game right away if it's all about fast SE.

with booster and cat people farm SE solo. or even it is much better for arcanes too.

publics have never worked and never will!
often there are small children, clowns, drunk people or just beginners.
is not bad either. just everyone wants to do something different and many are unable to communicate.

Archived