Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennocon has changed my mind about warframe/DE.

Joezone619

27 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Not really, the code needs to be the same, at least as far as networked logic goes, but the assets themselves (models, textures, animations, sound, etc) can all be compressed and scaled differently for different platforms. If I'm playing on a PC with 4k textures and you're playing on a phone, you'll just see the 1k (or whatever) version of those textures instead. Your animations will be at a lower framerate, your sounds compressed, your textures smaller, etc. Same as with the Switch.

They are downscale but they are still identical as the specific asset. An 4k Excalibur on pc might be 1k on Switch, both are is still label as Excalibur helmet. That's what I meant by asset needs to be identical even if compressed.

3 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

Just please give us info on what your doing more often DE, we can't understand your situation if we don't know it exists.

Most players actually got tired of "empty promises" and overhype, so they have been making a concentrated effort not to do what you just suggested.

1 hour ago, Krankbert said:

Console versions of the game already exist. They are identical to the PC version. Do you mean to tell me that you honestly believe that DE would ever have considered forking the game? A developer notorious for skimping on QA and only doing the bare minimum would just start maintaining multiple different versions?

I believe Krank means to say "it is the same game" and not "it is the exact same code". And Krank is right that DE only has enough resources to maintain a single version of Warframe.

55 minutes ago, Godmode_Ash said:

No, I don't believe they are not same version of the game. Are you in DE develop team? How do you know every code DE wrote for both platform are identical?

Also that's not even what I meant by "console limitation." Console limitation meaning the less hardware platform restricts the higher end. For example: Final Fantasy 11 had crossplay on PC and PS2. But since PS2 hardware were poor and low hard-drive space. Developer downgraded many game assets to fit on the PS2. Thous PC gameplay "quality" get limited because of PS2.

When I said "console limitation" I mean there could be hardware or technical compatibility, making PC version of game dropping the original quality they could have.

Good point about PS2s version of FF11 needing to be downgraded. Consoles now are very similar(but not identical) to PCs in both CPU, GPU, and the output resolution.

You are right about the hardware insomuch as I think (for example) Nintendo Switch is not able to replicate the best effects, anti-aliasing, lighting, and texture loading speeds when compared to PS5, XboxNew, and high-end PCs. Obviously DE needed to create spaghetti code to adapt the game to every console's unique hardware, but it is the same game-the same Warframe.  Consoles do use the same data packets, drop tables, mathematical equations, and texture packages as PC and every other console.

On the other hand, old consoles like PS2 did not. PS2 used proprietary chips and hardware builds to create graphics and equation processing to fit their budget. The evidence to support this is Shadow of the Colossus. SotC pushed the PS2 to the limits what it could do. When emulators came out, SotC was difficult to emulate because a lot of calculations and processes were originally accomplished using hardware, not software.

Thankfully graphics are no longer an issue when considering matchmaking. Calculating coordinates and trajectories is much lighter on bandwidth. There are lots of bugs that could still happen, but because Warframe uses DE's personal "Evolution" game engine and every console and PC already is using that same engine it isn't a problem in terms of compatibility.

8k, 4k, HD, qHD, low res... the graphics and hardware doesn't matter as long as the communicating machines can all transmit the coordinate data quickly enough.

4 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

In my opinions, this year's updates and releases have all been very poorly received. Even from as far back as deimos arcana, it just feels like the devs have been sweeping the community aside, and ignoring feedback entirely. After the sisters of parvos, and how DE was still ignoring feedback on the galvanized mods, arcanes, corpus lichs, weapons, etc, I decided if they cannot peak my interest in tennocon, i'd simply get up and go.

I am happy to admit, with what was shown off at tennocon, my interests have been peaked. It seems between making "the new war", cross-play, cross-save, and developing the mobile version game, all while still developing this years updates such as orphix venom, corpus proxima, tempastarii, and sisters of parvos. DE has certainly had their hands full, clearly too full to interact with player feedback, so for the time being i've decided to stick around longer.

Just please give us info on what your doing more often DE, we can't understand your situation if we don't know it exists.

you do know that this is consistent with every other Tennocon. Lots of hype that only leads to disappointment down the line.

1 minute ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

That's a policy? Because it hasn't been the practice.

lol. When Covid started, DE said they would be trying to practice it. Last year's tennocon DE advertised Heart of Deimos, they gave a date of delivery and they did it.

I think they want to avoid another 2019.

Il y a 7 heures, sitfesz a dit :

Uhhh uhhhhhhhhh ehhhhhhh ok

Then making players to pay or do k-drive or #*!% off is magic. Not giving a damn about individual weapon stats while claiming to do so by creating a 4 layer rng system to "buff" weak weapons while it just makes strong weapons even stronger so these stuff collectively gets nerfed based on popularity is magic. Releasing more and more stuff that rely heavily in time-gated/premium currency (forma) is magic. Artifically making missions longer even though we can't do more in that mission is magic.

DE is more and more cheeky in exhausting players into pay-to-skip. Don't tell me all of these are fine, because coding is hard. Coding was hard 5 years ago as well.

You do realise that, it's not because you don't like it that it's not working properly? Maybe  that's what de wants, ever thought of that? Have you ever seen the state of other games and then you complain about little S#&$ like that. Go play division, Tom Clancy's, destiny, anthem, avengers, borderlands and tell me how it is. Because trust me it's worse, like i said. DE isn't perfect, but it's way better than we could have hoped for. Especially after all those years. You all talk about that game like it's unplayable. Then why after all those years you still all are playing? Because no matter how much you complain you know you'll never get that anywhere else, and that no matter what you say you still love that game. 

Me too sometimes i get tired about some parts of the game, i'm not just defending de no matter what. But i still consider how good this game is and how far we've come. Look at the state of the game 7 years ago and today. No other games have evolved so much. Other games dies after 1 or 2 years.

Citation

Then making players to pay or do k-drive or #*!% off is magic

And again, you don't like k-drive, seems like a you issue.

Citation

Not giving a damn about individual weapon stats while claiming to do so by creating a 4 layer rng system to "buff" weak weapons while it just makes strong weapons even stronger so these stuff collectively gets nerfed based on popularity is magic

Weapons getting buffed and nerfed based on popularity is how this works on any other games, how do you think the devs will know what weapons is broken and need to be nerfed? POPULARITY

Citation

Releasing more and more stuff that rely heavily in time-gated/premium currency (forma) is magic

It's free to play what are you expecting?

Citation

Artifically making missions longer even though we can't do more in that mission is magic.

The community asked for that lol

Il y a 5 heures, LillyRaccune a dit :

lol. When Covid started, DE said they would be trying to practice it. Last year's tennocon DE advertised Heart of Deimos, they gave a date of delivery and they did it.

I think they want to avoid another 2019.

well heart of deimos was something they knew how to do already, cetus and fortuna. Railjack was something completely new that gave almost another game into the game. 

New war i think will be easier to implement than railjack, it's just a scripted mission. 

Crossplatform tho will be a mess i think at release, i don't see how this will work right away, it's going to take a year or two for this be flawless, and crosssave just make me think, what happens if i lose my save when i merge two accounts :sad:

Archived