Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's not fighting as other characters that "slows down" the game.

14 minutes ago, Aldain said:

...Personally I'd also like the disco ball of "&%*$ you" that is ever so common to die a painful death as well, but that's just me.

During Orphix Venom, I ended up spending most of the time as Bonewidow.  Not because she's actually the better Necramech for the real objective (because seriously, nothing Bonewidow can do can compete the the Delete Cannons) but because it was just so *nice* to be able to Meat Hook the disco ball Sentients and yeet them off the station and into the clouds of Jupiter.  "Can you fly?  CAN YOU FLY?!?  Who's next?!?  OnO  "

Spoiler

Just now, EmberStar said:

During Orphix Venom, I ended up spending most of the time as Bonewidow.  Not because she's actually the better Necramech for the real objective (because seriously, nothing Bonewidow can do can compete the the Delete Cannons) but because it was just so *nice* to be able to Meat Hook the disco ball Sentients and yeet them off the station and into the clouds of Jupiter.  "Can you fly?  CAN YOU FLY?!?  Who's next?!?  OnO  "

I skipped Orphix Venom entirely so I can't relate, but those Disco Balls need to go back to the grave with the rest of the disco era that much I agree on.

I mean, your wording implies that there aren't multiple ways to slow down the pace of a game. Creator intent is much more obvious method, and with that, there are many ways to influence gameplay momentum, from camera angles used, use of cinematic's, forced walking/injured states, stealth sections, player abilities requiring pauses, as well as enemy types. A lot goes into influencing a games pace.

Archived