Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dissolve duplicate mods faster - A simple suggestion

Pulsar63

From time to time, some player complains that dissolving hundreds of mods to get Endo is quite time-consuming - and I agree.

• They usually suggest a buttonto dissolve all duplicates, but that's obviously too dangerous: many people would end up dissolving rare o precious mods.
  • Some other people suggest some toggle or sliders, to select just some category, or min number of mods to dissolve, etc. This would work better, but it's clearly more complicate for the Devs (not to mention some people would STILL dissolve wanted mods).
  • And here comes my suggestion to make this task faster, with just a simple addition: add a "Max number less one" button to the mod selection window.

Explanation: when you select a mod, a window appears where you can indicate how many mods you mean, with some arrows, a number field, "Confirm" and "Cancel" buttons. With the arrows you can select: zero, -1, +1, max.

When you're looking to dissolve duplicates, you usually select the max number less one (e.g.: you have 36 "Suppress" unranked mods: you want to dissolve 35 of them, but keep one in case you need to rank up another one; or you use it unranked). At least, that's the way I do it :-)

To do this selection I press the "Max" arrow, then the "-1" arrow. Doing this dozens of time is annoying. If there was a button that selects "Max # minus 1", that would make massive dissolution faster and easier. And it should not add dangerous situations, because the selection process would still be manual.

I know the Devs have much bigger stuff to do :-D but this solution would need just a handful of lines of code (I think), and would make the players' life a bit better.

If we're making it even faster: an option to set the amount selected, so one need only set that to "max - 1", then click on each duplicate stack to select all the mods minus one.

(Or, equivalently: a "select duplicates" option that just short-hands the above)

33 minutes ago, (PSN)theelix said:

Just make the select all button, which is middle mouse by default, automatically select -1 if clicked once, all if clicked twice, and unselect if clicked three times.

This would be great.

2 hours ago, Tyreaus said:

If we're making it even faster: an option to set the amount selected, so one need only set that to "max - 1", then click on each duplicate stack to select all the mods minus one.

This is smart :-)

Once you activate that parameter (Max -1 or whatever), just clicking on any mods would still be manual (more control, less rare lost mods), but way faster. COOL!

Please, DE... Pretty please!!! :-D

1 hour ago, (PSN)theelix said:

Just make the select all button, which is middle mouse by default, automatically select -1 if clicked once, all if clicked twice, and unselect if clicked three times.

excellent suggestion

21 hours ago, (PSN)theelix said:

As I already noted, it's unlikely DE would actively support a "Select / Delete ALL" function. Because it would most likely make many people dissolve rare or precious mods unwillingly, and then they would go to DE support to complain and ask for their mods back. Huge headache for DE. :-)

It's one of those things: good in theory, bad in practice. ;-)

On 2021-07-21 at 9:02 PM, Pulsar63 said:

As I already noted, it's unlikely DE would actively support a "Select / Delete ALL" function. Because it would most likely make many people dissolve rare or precious mods unwillingly, and then they would go to DE support to complain and ask for their mods back. Huge headache for DE. :-)

It's one of those things: good in theory, bad in practice. ;-)

I don't understand.

You're saying they wouldn't actively support a function that already exists by making it harder to delete an entire stack all at once, which people can currently do. It even has a hint in the mod screen.

16 hours ago, (PSN)theelix said:

I don't understand.

Ok, I didn't make myself clear :-)

It's true there's already a function to select all mods, but it's not obvious (I didn't even know it existed, and I have been playing for over 1K hours).

Adding options to that function, and making them plainly visible in the Mod screen, would be like "inviting" players to use it: I think DE doesn't want that (for the stated reasons).

Right now it looks like this "DE: Ok, we added the Select All function but it's kind of hidden; if you screw up using it, it's on you".

Of course this is just hypothesis on my part :-)

Archived