Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Vectis Needs Innate Puncture.

Pixues

....or just make puncture mods better

this.

metal auger is a freakin' joke. 10 points base for 0.1? compared to shred's 6 for 0.2 + 5% fire rate?

i honestly don't have a suggestion as to how to balance / fix that, but yeah.

oh, and as for the vectis having innate puncture... um... no.

it's already been demonstrably proven to have a higher damage output (properly modded) than the lanka. (if the mods i've seen on here are accurate, i can't speak to that)

with a lower mastery requirement... adding that would be... soma levels of OP.

having the lanka have innate puncture given the fact of the higher mastery requirements as well as low overall DPS... yeah. i can see that.

again, assuming the data i've seen in other threads is accurate, i haven't run the numbers myself.

Nah, it really dosent right now. That's what mods are for. Throw some Shred on it. By this logic all weapons should have some degree of puncture. Steven mentioned something about weapons having unique parameters yesterday on the stream. If that gets implemented, i'm sure some weapons will, especially sniper rifle-type weapons.

No reasoning or explanation? Then no

Here's one.

Its a bolt action sniper rifle. Unless its silenced, weapon doesnt have that feeling that makes you "Wow look at it". While i agree its a good weapon but it doesnt have the feeling of being powerfull and logically a sniper rifle should be able to punch holes into its targets.

Just add puncture to all sniper rifles it wouldnt hurt anyone would it ?

Here's one.

Its a bolt action sniper rifle. Unless its silenced, weapon doesnt have that feeling that makes you "Wow look at it". While i agree its a good weapon but it doesnt have the feeling of being powerfull and logically a sniper rifle should be able to punch holes into its targets.

Just add puncture to all sniper rifles it wouldnt hurt anyone would it ?

adding puncture to all sniper rifles isn't a bad idea overall.

the question becomes how MUCH puncture?

either way, mods, innate, personally, i absolutely love the vectis myself. mainly the SOUND of it.

it actually sounds and feels like a sniper rifle. (and doesn't blind you when you shoot it)

adding puncture to all sniper rifles isn't a bad idea overall.

the question becomes how MUCH puncture?

either way, mods, innate, personally, i absolutely love the vectis myself. mainly the SOUND of it.

it actually sounds and feels like a sniper rifle. (and doesn't blind you when you shoot it)

Since we're not shooting .50 cal bullets, i say 2-3 enemy would be logical i guess.

I dont want to put shred into vectis because sniper rifles by logic, should be able to punch a hole into its targets

Since we're not shooting .50 cal bullets, i say 2-3 enemy would be logical i guess.

I dont want to put shred into vectis because sniper rifles by logic, should be able to punch a hole into its targets

Oh we do...seriously how did get a glimpse at bullet to say its 0.50 cal?? Not to mention that 0.50 cal cant penetrate boat engine and you want it to punch through few guys in thick armor made of durable alloys and their guts.

No vectis doesnt need puntcture, if you want puncture mod for it.

Edited by Davoodoo

Nah, it really dosent right now. That's what mods are for. Throw some Shred on it. By this logic all weapons should have some degree of puncture. Steven mentioned something about weapons having unique parameters yesterday on the stream. If that gets implemented, i'm sure some weapons will, especially sniper rifle-type weapons.

That was reiterating what was said about Armor 2.0 earlier if I recall correctly. Stopping power vs armor penetration. And add effectiveness against shield too, and you have the three types of "base damage" which will (probably) be in Armor 2.0.

So some weapons will be better against flesh, others against armor and a third group good against shields. Add elemental mods on this to improve the weapon's already strong sides or to make up for its weaknesses (eg. add cryo on a weapon which is mainly meant for anti-armor). I do not think puncture, which is very different from armor penetration, comes into the damage system so it will most likely still only be added through mods.

Edited by NullCurrent

Oh we do...seriously how did get a glimpse at bullet to say its 0.50 cal?? Not to mention that 0.50 cal cant penetrate boat engine and you want it to punch through few guys in thick armor made of durable alloys and their guts.

No vectis doesnt need puntcture, if you want puncture mod for it.

Did you even read what i said there? We're not shooting a .50 cal rounds i said. You would freaking know that if it was a .50 cal round. It blasts a huge hole into your target.

Do your homework before spitting nonsense. There are .50 cal BMG rounds which penetrates a @(*()$ tanks armor not to mention when using a sniper. you go for an headshot not their most armored place.

Do your homework before spitting nonsense. There are .50 cal BMG rounds which penetrates a @(*()$ tanks armor

Er. The best penetrating round in .50 BMG is SLAP, which according to the military's own specifications says "shall perforate 19mm (3/4") thick MIL-A-46100 High Hardness Armor at 0 degrees obliquity located at 1370 meters". It might go through the top of some tanks I guess, if you can get a nice angle? Tanks hate aircraft. Just saying. But there is basically nothing man-portable that can defeat the hull or turret of a modern tank other than shaped charge warheads. That's kind of the point; if tanks were easy to destroy, nobody would use them. If a sniper is called on to engage a tank, it will be to take out the external instruments like radio masts and cameras, i.e. suppress it, making the vehicle ineffective and unable to fight, not actually destroy the thing outright. Anti-tank riflemen stopped being a real thing halfway through WW2. And even then, to kill a tank with the heavy ~15mm rifles of the day was a matter of hiding in a hole, letting the tank drive by, and then shooting it in the side or rear at short range and hope you hit something sensitive before you got noticed.

This episode of "sanity in discussions about weaponry" is now concluded. We return you to your regularly scheduled Warframe.

Lol 50 cal penetrating tank armor ?

In my 2 years of military service, I never heard of that. 

If our Leopards could be penetrated by a 50 cal, we should scrap all of them.

Again to topic, currently sniper rifles have no innate puncture, so slap a shred mod (forma can't hurt) on it.

Then pray DE looks at Metal Auger, Seeker and Seeking Force.

Edited by fatpig84