Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenet/Kuva Weapon Store

(PSN)c1234567890alvi

Rejoice, children, for it is story time. Recently when farming for a sister with the Tenet Envoy, I needed a few more attempts than I expected. In fact, after about 10 attempts I felt mildly annoyed, after about losing 20 Zenith Crowns, I was kinda...fuming, but after burning through over 40 Zenith crowns, seeing every other weapon at least 4 times and having wasted not less but an entire afternoon, just to make an Envoy sister spawn, only for that sister to have a 27% envoy, I developed a kind of hollow anger, that I have not even developed playing through the entirety of the Soulsborne series (including Sekiro). And when I finally got the envoy my only thought was: "Why? Why does this happen?" And the thought that followed after a lot of blankly staring at my screen was: Can we have Orphix Venom reward progression for this?

For those who missed out on the OV event: DE introduced a kind of hybrid reward progression that was universally well received during said event. You could get most of the new stuff from reward rotations, but while playing the event you also automatically earned credits for a shop. So, if you didn't get the part that you wanted, you could instead buy it with event creds.

We already have an in-game store at the Perrin Sequence, that at this point only sells special Tenet melees. But I would like to see all Tenet weapons available at the store. When killing a not-yet-sister, you would gain 2 Corrupted Holokeys (the currency at the store), so if even after 20 attempts, you still couldn't spawn the weapon of your choice, you can at least get it from the shop. 

Also, I would like to see a similar store for Kuva Weapons at Steel Meridian, though that one running with Kuva. With a pool of almost 20 Kuva weapons (that will only get more), I think we should have some kind of control over what we get and this would be a way to do it.

This kind of thing has been suggested many, many times over the last year or so. Thankfully, DE listened and reduced the... murmur grind??? You know, the much shorter grind that didn't need reducing. 

Nobody knows why, but DE apparently really like having this front-loaded capture mission spam farm. Nothing like repeating the same exact activity a few dozen times in a row and making exactly zero progress toward your goal, right?

I mean from a business pov it makes sense. The more players spend with that ridiculous grind the more they play the game and the more they are likely to spend plat on buying the liches from other players. And considering that their next major update is gonna be The New War which won't be released until December, they would want something to close the gap inbetween, and that something is the Tenet/Kuva weapon grind.

But I just really hope that later down the road when it has become less relevant and less players spend time and money on it, they change it up and this kind of stuff for new players to come. Because let's face it, Liches as they are now, are not super-terrible, but we all know DE can do better.

Archived