Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicates, Kuva Liches and Sisters of Parvos during New War

BlackAce

Are they going to show up during New War? Kuva Liches and Sisters of Parvos are pretty much their respective factions' uber elite units. I'm curious how good they are against the invading sentients (lore wise of course, my converted lich spawned and barely kill one). And how about Syndicates? Are they pretty much forgotten at this point?

45 minutes ago, acevezwing said:

Are they going to show up during New War? Kuva Liches and Sisters of Parvos are pretty much their respective factions' uber elite units. I'm curious how good they are against the invading sentients (lore wise of course, my converted lich spawned and barely kill one). And how about Syndicates? Are they pretty much forgotten at this point?

- Kuva liches that have been converted serve the Tenno who converted them, so if you tell them to go kill sentients, they will; or at least they'll wait for you to die once and then show up lol. Sisters of Parvos work the same way. if you want to take into account non-converted Liches and Sisters, I believ they are basically bound to only going after you personally, Sentient threat or no. 

as for the factions, I imagine all of them will unite and fight:

- Steel Meridian want to protect the colonies, which would be wiped out by the sentients of course.

- Arbiters of Hexis are Tenno fanboys, so nothing would make them happier than helping their idols to kick some Sentient a$$.

- Suda has had previous experience with Sentients when Hunhow tried to conquer the Weave and tried to kill her, so she has motivation to want them gone. Simaris probably wants to study them more than kill them, but if the Sentients threaten his Sanctuary, it's GG, Simaris will have the motivation to help kill them too.

- Perrin Sequence will want to protect themselves, but Glast is a good guy at heart, and while he might be reluctant, I believe he would join the cause.

- Red Veil want the system to be purged, so at first glance maybe they'd leave the Sentients alone? to me though, a long time Red Veil Tenno, the purge includes Sentients as well they'll maybe still join the cause.. 

- New Loka are tree huggers, Sentients will gladly destroy trees, and Loka hates artificial constructs so they'll definitely be up for killing Sentients.

- Ostrons be getting they a$$ whooped judging by the reveal trailer, but Konzu ain't about to let some stick bois interrupt his early lunch.

- Quills basically kill eidolons daily, New War would just be an increased workload to them.

- Solaris.... see, it looked as though Fortuna gets taken over by the Sentients, and if the Sentients promise to kill all the taxmen, the Solaris would be ok with that. but once the sentients start wiping out Solaris that's a problem. 

- ventkids are fair game for hunting by Sentients IMO, in fact I'll gladly HELP the Sentients wipe them out. send in a few Brachiolysts and Vomvalysts, which are small enough to go through any vents, then block the vent exits with Conculysts and Battalysts, leaving the brats nowhere to go. just like smoking out rats! :devil:

- the Entrati will definitely take up arms, or at least help however they can. Father already served in the old war and helped us in Orphix Venom, so he's an obvious ally. the other family members will likely help any way they can now that they're one big happy family.

- the Grineer already get involved, and they have the mighty Kahl-175, so they'll be fine. Vay Hek won't be keen on allying with tenno but desperate times and all that..

- the Corpus get their a$$es whooped because Sentients can assimilate their tech, but they also got John Prodman on their side and some random tech with a Plinx and an iPad... what was his name again? veresko?

- the Infested can't actually hurt Sentients so I reckon they'll be the only ones to sit on the sidelines. Helminth is ours though, so he's onboard. if the Infested are smart enough, they'd see the chaos of the New War as the perfect opportunity to expand: we end up killing the sentients, but at the cost of not noticing the Infestation take a LOT more territory outside of dark sectors, and so the cycle of killing continues!

in conclusion: while there would likely be a ton of bickering, I do believe all the factions and syndicates, big and small, and the rest of the system, would unite against the common enemy that is the Sentients. the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and nobody in the system really is willing to let the angry stick aliens take over. 

From a lore perspective ?

Liches /sisters don't technically exist as an independent entity , they are just part of the grineer /corpus rank and file. They are a mechanic for DE to throw gear and time sinks into for more experienced tenno(not a criticism , just a fact)

The syndicates on the other hand really should have a more active role , but I don't think DE has the creativity or the willingness to make them more than reputation shops and the ocassional one tike quests (defintely criticism). 

From gameplay perspective ? Guess you are using the syndicate crew on your ship already, and liches will do what you order them.

Archived