Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Hek, Tenet Tetra. Forced Reloads

(PSN)haphazardlynamed

Two of the recently introduced weapons: the Kuva Hek and Tenet Tetra, have alt fires that feel very awkward to me

The problem is, that they will not fire when your magazine is anything but FULL. thus forcing a reload delay if you try to use them mid-battle.

I propose, that instead of force reloading: they simply Consume all Remaining Magazine, and fire instantly; with the damage scaled down accordingly.

This would make them feel much more fluid, and the damage penalty would keep the ammo/dps balance the same.

13 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Two of the recently introduced weapons: the Kuva Hek and Tenet Tetra, have alt fires that feel very awkward to me

The problem is, that they will not fire when your magazine is anything but FULL. thus forcing a reload delay if you try to use them mid-battle.

I propose, that instead of force reloading: they simply Consume all Remaining Magazine, and fire instantly; with the damage scaled down accordingly.

This would make them feel much more fluid, and the damage penalty would keep the ammo/dps balance the same.

Tenet Tetra refills the magazine automatically (without reloading) if you do not try firing it with a magazine that is partially filled.

It does not make sense to consume the remaining rounds in a clip. The very powerful explosion from Tenet Tetra is balanced around 80 rounds being used. In semi fire mode you essentially have a full ammo capacity similar to Zarr/Kuva Bramma with similar power (minus grenadelets). I agree that it is awkward to swap from auto to semi constantly but this is why I recommend only using Tenet Tetra in secondary fire mode. It is way more useful than the primary fire mode and is also much easier to manage the magazine issue.

I personally feel the envoy is better because it reloads itself and I just swap to it when I want a big boom.

Tenet Tetra swap mechanism is so clunky it feels painful to use so people just use it for the grenade... and it's not that good when my zarr can kill people standing in all four corners of a room faster than the tetra takes to fire, reload, fire, reload, fire, reload, fire, reload to all four corners.

I guess tenet tetra is good if you are in a simulation room with enemies all standing together.

58 minutes ago, Redfeather75 said:

I personally feel the envoy is better because it reloads itself and I just swap to it when I want a big boom.

Tenet Tetra swap mechanism is so clunky it feels painful to use so people just use it for the grenade... and it's not that good when my zarr can kill people standing in all four corners of a room faster than the tetra takes to fire, reload, fire, reload, fire, reload, fire, reload to all four corners.

I guess tenet tetra is good if you are in a simulation room with enemies all standing together.

Yup

there are better Launchers available

and when the Tetra's alt fire is more cumbersome than swapping weapons; then instead of using Tetra mode swap between rifle/launcher, I'm better off just equipping one of those Other Launchers, with an auto-pistol as secondary, and fully swap between weapons instead.

If tetra could smoothly transition modes it might have a niche*, but as it is, the delay and full mag consumption makes it an all-or-nothing. You just leave it in one mode or the other. both of which can be outclassed by other weapons.

*think rifle with underbarrel grenade launcher.

Archived