Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shady looking websites showing up when searching for Warframe through Bing.

(XBOX)Dr R Epear

2 hours ago, DarkSkysz said:

The main site link does look a bit weird, but the links inside are real, once you click on any of them the domain change to "https://www.warframe.com/"

Be careful with those links. They may be getting your password if you login then redirecting you to the correct site. I've seen it happen in the past. 

I have been noticing your guys forums has also been having chinese/japenese characters show up more often also. 

That's good they were fixed, but why do you need to search for warframe.com? Even with a search page set to your home or your browser searching from the address bar, it takes longer to type in 'warframe', search, then click on a search result than to type the '.com' as well and go.

These are actually valid DNS entries for the servers on which the Warframe website is hosted. I'm not sure why DE doesn't redirect everyone to warframe.com automatically and why they sometimes link this URL for the droptables. To give an example, below links end up on the same website:

https://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html

https://www.warframe.com/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html

Anyway, nothing to be concerned about.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Honestly not usually in that much of a rush, so it doesn't bother me. But unless I need to type out a large amount of text, I'm usually using a on screen keyboard.

It's good that it's all "fixed". Searching "warframe" gave me those results, and searching "warframe official site" gave the proper url, so I just wanted to be "better safe than sorry", you know.

22 hours ago, [DE]Saske said:

Hi Dr R Epear! Yeah this is a bing issue, we fixed the links showing up improperly a couple of month ago, but bing has not re-indexed our side since then. 

22 hours ago, DarthBane1 said:

I have been noticing your guys forums has also been having chinese/japenese characters show up more often also. 

^ This

For about a month now, everytime I open the forums, doesn't matter if I directly write it completely on address bar, come via main site, use RSS feed: I get a dice roll which language is selected for me. Most often the forums are in Russian ( ~60%), then Chinese (~20%), then Deutsch (~10%) and lastly maybe 10% of the time I actually get an english version by default.

In the past 8 years, this has never been a problem before. I've always gotten the english version as default before (my system locale for windows is in english, although my keyboard is in finnish).

For a note: I'm located in Finland/Europe, which kind of makes sense that the alternatives might be russian/deutsch if there is some wonkiness in automatic routing / language recognition based off of IP geolocation or something. But it doesn't feel right, since it has been working perfectly for the previous 8 years for me.

I do have everything up to date including my routers etc.

This issue is only present with warframe forums.

Archived