Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MITW Possible Power Move

SnowWarFr

In the Sacrifice Quest, Umbra broke the third wall by closing the arsenal menu when it went berserk. I was wondering if the MITW could do the same thing where in a dialogue option, it would force the character to perform the evil choice if the player selected good or neutral.

Maybe it might happen for a certain character... That would be an ultimate power move for our mystery antagonist. 

I think a direct 4th-wall break would be terribly out of character for MITW, since he seems solely focused on our Operator, and it's believed wally could be our tenno's Parents who were lost in the Zariman crash, taunting us from beyond the void, though I still think that he's an incarnation of the Void itself, and the Void is an incomprehensible eldritch being that either amuses itself by preying on mortals or just generally doesn't care about us either way, but still watches us constantly, as a "lidless eye", to borrow from Palladino's dialogue. 

MITW might pop up in the New War, but I reckon we won't really know anything more concrete about him until we reach Duviri. I LOVE the lore entries with Albrecht Entrati though, and his spooky encounter with MITW. 

Spoiler

dude got so scared of wally he legit refused the immortal Kool-Aid because he wasn't sure he was *himself* anymore, and thought MITW escaped into our plane of existence. that's pretty nuts lol.

4 hours ago, SnowWarFr said:

In the Sacrifice Quest, Umbra broke the third wall by closing the arsenal menu when it went berserk. I was wondering if the MITW could do the same thing where in a dialogue option, it would force the character to perform the evil choice if the player selected good or neutral.

Maybe it might happen for a certain character... That would be an ultimate power move for our mystery antagonist. 

Ok, just to get it out of the way, Warframe's "Karma" System is not Black/White in terms of "Good/Evil", but uses the "Yin/Yang" instead, which is "Emotion/Detachment" AKA "Involved/Indifferent" and so forth. None of the options are evil when looked at the context they are used in, but telling you how you chose the way the Tenno reacts.

Archived