Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does everybody hate hydroid?

(PSN)Reaper330011

il y a 18 minutes, (PSN)Reaper330011 a dit :

WHAT?!

Yes, if you use Tempest Barrage  TENTACLE SWARM while on Undertow, it gives you a 200% bonus damage. Hydroids abilities are to be launched while on Undertow : it's the most effective and keeps you safe from dying while charging them. The problem is that it takes almost all your energy to cast them while in Undertow, and you'll need ability efficiency mods on Hydroid.

Il y a 3 heures, Tsoe a dit :

he do lack of something , (his passive is pretty low tier but could have been good)

Hydroid's passive used to have a really nice synergy with Exodia Hunt : you make a ground slam, it attracts every enemy within 12 meters and they get trapped on the tentacle generated by the passive. The problem with this is that you have a 50% of getting a tentacle and a 50% change to activate Exodia Hunt's effect. When it works, it's awesome, as it cost 0 energy and it's very efficient, but as Exodia Hunt seems to have a bug, it will activate much less often than Hydroid's passive.

il y a 33 minutes, Dauggie a dit :

oberon's 4th is badass to me, "drop that B1tch_ass!!" feels amazing even though it will only kill starchar level enemies. 

Oberon's 4th is very usefull in Steel Path missions, because, with it's 2nd, it strips armor permanently and it is based on BASE ARMOR, not Actual armor, wich is excellent. It's the only armor stripping ability in the game that works like that.

10 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Yes, if you use Tempest Barrage while on Undertow, it gives you a 200% bonus damage. Hydroids abilities are to be launched while on Undertow : it's the most effective and keeps you safe from dying while charging them. The problem is that it takes almost all your energy to cast them while in Undertow, and you'll need ability efficiency mods on Hydroid.

I only use Augur message as a efficiency mod and flow. Can cast about 5-6 tempest barrages while In puddle mode.

il y a 13 minutes, (PSN)Reaper330011 a dit :

don’t make too much changes that will ruin the fun…

I agree. Hydroid doesn't need a complete rework, just a new balance in his stats and some mechanics adjustements.

I've made a topic some weeks ago about this.

19 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Yes, if you use Tempest Barrage  TENTACLE SWARM while on Undertow, it gives you a 200% bonus damage. Hydroids abilities are to be launched while on Undertow : it's the most effective and keeps you safe from dying while charging them. The problem is that it takes almost all your energy to cast them while in Undertow, and you'll need ability efficiency mods on Hydroid.

How does it work exactly? I’m playing while typing lol and does the buff only affect the tentacles in the pool? Because I casted full charge while in puddle mode and only 2 tentacles spawned in the puddle….

do all the tentacles get the buff or only the ones that spawned in the puddle?

Just now, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

How does it work exactly? I’m playing while typing lol and does the buff only affect the tentacles in the pool? Because I casted full charge while in puddle mode and only 2 tentacles spawned in the puddle….

do all the tentacles get the buff or only the ones that spawned in the puddle?

Also what if you exit the pool? Is the bonus damage removed?

2 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Yes, it's great. I use it on Steel Path and it works weel : launch 3rg, then 2nd, drown enemies, launch 1st and 4th. Everybody killed.

Holy S#&$ the second travels more distance than I thought.. maybe because of my new mods… anyway couldn’t you use his 2nd to push enemies into his 4?

il y a 2 minutes, (PSN)Reaper330011 a dit :

Holy S#&$ the second travels more distance than I thought.. maybe because of my new mods… anyway couldn’t you use his 2nd to push enemies into his 4?

Yes, you can and you must. That's why it would be nice to control it's movement.

Be aware that when you're on Undertow, the 2nd will have only the half of it's range, travelling 50% less.

Archived