Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does everybody hate hydroid?

(PSN)Reaper330011

5 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I see what you did there... 😝

I'll tell you what's messed up.  I like testing, so I went and did some testing.  Yareli kills high level enemies faster with the joke combo I mentioned than Hydroid does with Corroding Barrage and the puddle at 260% PS.  170% PS Yareli, Aqua Blades, Sea Snares, and a status primer with very limited damage, meant solely for spreading status.  She kills high level grineer faster than Hydroid with the Corroding Barrage/Puddle combo at 260% PS.

Does Hydroid kill high level grineer with just his abilities?  Sure.  Not fast enough to maintain life support in SP for even a 5 minute run, but sure.

On 2021-10-14 at 6:45 PM, 73yearsold said:

For me, it’s his objectively hideous visual design. 

The color channels on his prime are terrible.  The floppy apron look to his base version is also really ugly.  And then there's the cringe-inducing kraken that his prime form spawns.  I really wish I could just use the water tentacles, not the actual sea monster.

There's a deluxe skin that I would totally get if Hydroid weren't so terrible to play.  But hey, at least he's still somehow better than Yareli.  Anything is better than a k drive indoors.  Anything.

For farming, I prefer Nekros. In the time it takes to cast Hydroid's 4th and waited for loot to drop, I've applied Viral to ten enemies with Primary/Secondary and sliced them down with a slash+toxin Melee and resupplied dropped life support and already hunted ten more enemies around the next corner. 

If it means 'getting the job done' take Nekros. If you need to defend something or feel a bit lazy, take Khora. Hydroid's a fun toy but that's about it.

Archived