Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

orb vallis animal hunt - pobbers

Novalodic

55 minutes ago, Novalodic said:

these guys are the first level of animal hunting, yet are extremely hard to catch. half the time they disappear before i can even locate them, and i think its due to their extremely large aggro range. its really annoying.

As soon as you call them, if you're not using a stealth frame immediately go into archwing and move away.

Equinox or Ivara are basically mandatory for hunting with any sort of ease. I prefer Equinox personally because it's an instant AoE whereas iirc Ivara has to deal with travel time. Plus, Equinox's ability will only be usable if something is actually in range of being put to sleep, so there's not excessive energy loss from missing.

Ivara of course has the benefit of stealth, so if you know how to use her she will of course make it easiest.

a warframe being either very helpful or mandatory for a task is in my eyes evidence of something not working as it should. its ok if its a high level thing, but for base level hunting not so much, especially since hunting is the best way to get standing. pobbers are the only creature i have trouble with because their aggro range is massive and they're too tiny to shoot while they're running away. add to the fact that random patrols will spook them and it gets very annoying fast.

edit

this is coming from a new players perspective. they don't have access to these frames that can do aoe sleep. i can probably get them now, but i've already leveled my standing with fortuna so i hunt higher level creatures.

23 minutes ago, Novalodic said:

a warframe being either very helpful or mandatory for a task is in my eyes evidence of something not working as it should. pobbers are the only creature i have trouble with because their aggro range is massive and they're too tiny to shoot while they're running away.

No, their aggro range is not massive. Use my previous suggestion I posted. If you think their aggro range is massive, you are doing something wrong.

Archived