The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Resurgence Dev Workshop & FAQ

[DE]Danielle

17 minutes ago, Hokkis31 said:

Remove raya. Let the accessories be bought straight up with money. Either through the website just like PA, or that the store gives a link to the website.

How do you suggest they price each item individually? What of the plat? They've already set up raya to exist after the event for items and so what do you expect?

17 minutes ago, Hokkis31 said:

There is no bonus. There is a claim of a bonus, but this is a normal marketing strategy and should be ignored as such

The only bonus is that you get from this event is you get access to all this stuff in a short time span. Actually, another bonus you get is flexibility. Rather than being locked into getting everything for perhaps one item you want, you can instead get something else with the leftover aya rather than be forced to get stuff you don't want to pay for. 

1 minute ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Correct. Boycotting does nothing on games 90% of the time. 

Indeed, now what I said is harsh and even I admit that, it's nothing but the Truth, I'm seeing Content Creators like: Gaz TTV & Pupsker and all the dislikes here and "Feedback" will fall on deaf ears, like GuriAnon said in his post.

This is Tencent at work and given how they work and (who they are) there is no way that this is going away anytime soon, no one can "vote" with a wallet here, accept the fate and let DE put the nail in their own coffin.

We can not do ANYTHING about this. 

After reading a few of some other peoples comments, i feel the community as a whole can agree that regal aya is terribly priced. We may disagree in some other points regarding regal aya but the general consesus is the same. So i won't add to that. 

But I cannot stop feeling like the invisible hand of Tencent is making it's very first clear appearance. 
I remember DE removing the kubrow slot machine back in the day and over the years they always made some pretty consumer friendly actions. But this regal aya stuff is CLEARLY some mobile money making scheme. which... you know... is tencent expertise.
I just hope this won't escalate over the next few years.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

How do you suggest they price each item individually? What of the plat? They've already set up raya to exist after the event for items and so what do you expect?

I don't need to find an answer to that, it's not my job nor my field of expertise. I couldn't tell you. I can make estimates, if you'd like. $20 for accessories-set, that is armor/syandana + thingy + plat. We remove platinum, let's be generous and say it's only $5. So we need to split it over $15. Let's say $10-12 for armor/syandana and $3-5 on small thingy? Something like that. And you could mix and match inside the store, put them in a cart, and go to check-out in the same vein as a clothing-store on the internet, or the equivalent.

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

The only bonus is that you get from this event is you get access to all this stuff in a short time span. 

Yes. And this bonus is not good enough. Therefore the prices must decrease. Again. It is no bonus. It is a store that will only sell you stuff for a limited time. A pop-up-shop, if you will. That isn't a bonus. It's either QoL or a FOMO-engine

1 minute ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Indeed, now what I said is harsh and even I admit that, it's nothing but the Truth, I'm seeing Content Creators like: Gaz TTV & Pupsker and all the dislikes here and "Feedback" will fall on deaf ears, like GuriAnon said in his post.

This is Tencent at work and given how they work and (who they are) there is no way that this is going away anytime soon, no one can "vote" with a wallet here, accept the fate and let DE put the nail in their own coffin.

We can not do ANYTHING about this. 

We can though. A vote means nothing without the belief that it means something. There needs to be enough believers, dreamers, if you'd like on board. People need to stop thinking about themselves and their disintrest in other people. Good for you that you are okay with being exploited. But you would get a better deal if you joined the boycott anyway. You, mister/misses DE-supporter, you will benefit if the prices are more in your favour. Perhaps this benefit is too low in your eyes, but think of the other people

26 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

DE has clearly states tencent is being laissez faire with them. 

You can't take that statment at face value. It would be the same as saying you never swear when inside of a church

22 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Is your job complaining? You have no answer but wish to complain with no actually good constrictive criticism. 

I am pretty sure I gave an answer? And no, my job is not to complain. Nor is your job to defend DE. I chose to fight for the cause of fairness, and you chose to fight for the cause of choice. And that's totally fine

24 minutes ago, SephirothWS said:

Source? How old is your source?

|https://www.digitalextremes.com/news/digital-extremes-partners-with-tencent

This remains in effect until further notice considering there'd be no reason to say otherwise if nothing changed. 

21 minutes ago, Hokkis31 said:

I am pretty sure I gave an answer? And no, my job is not to complain. Nor is your job to defend DE. I chose to fight for the cause of fairness, and you chose to fight for the cause of choice. And that's totally fine

I support fairness but you've given no perfect answer. You've given estimates. 

23 minutes ago, Hokkis31 said:

You can't take that statment at face value. It would be the same as saying you never swear when inside of a church

But we can't use a claim with no evidence to support it.

19 minutes ago, Hokkis31 said:

They are creativly independent, not monetarily

They also said the studio will operate independent of DE. We have no hard proof Tencent chose to make Regal Aya the way it is. 

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

We have no hard proof Tencent chose to make Regal Aya the way it is.

True, but this smells 100% Tencent inspired given Tencent's track record. Especially when that announcement was made in December of 2020. We're coming up to December of 2021, are you SURE that's still the case? Things can always change.

Yeah, without the platinum being added back this is just a ripoff and makes you appear greedy. It is not a good deal.

The regular aya is great.. but the regal aya is absolute garbage if it stays this way. I would advise everybody to NOT buy any of this.

@(PSN)Rainbow_Neos1Please. There is no reason to fight, okay? I have no source, and I need none. You could consider the actions of DE as a source, I suppose. So I guess that that is my source.

Yes, I give estimates because I am not a person who can give exact values. I am not a businessman. I am however a consumer. I know my worth and what I value. I can give suggestions to the company I buy stuff from. They can ignore it and that's fine. My goal is not to persuade DE, it is to deliver my ideas to you and the other people at this forum. If people agree with me (which they don't have to), then they can also suggest similar things. With enough suggestions the company might reconsider. If they don't, then they will lose out on money, and money is their ultimate goal. They might believe that the money they lose is insignificant, and that's okay. Let them be that way, but I won't go down without a fight and so on and so forth.

I have nothing to gain, mind you. I personally wouldn't spend money on the event regardless since I don't need any of it. But I want the people who want stuff to be able to get it at a more fair price.

5 minutes ago, SephirothWS said:

True, but this smells 100% Tencent inspired given Tencent's track record. Especially when that announcement was made in December of 2020. We're coming up to December of 2021, are you SURE that's still the case? Things can always change.

We have no hard reason to think it's changed. Like I said, the only way we have a hard reason to believe it's changed is if DE says so. 

9 minutes ago, Hokkis31 said:

@(PSN)Rainbow_Neos1Please. There is no reason to fight, okay? I have no source, and I need none. You could consider the actions of DE as a source, I suppose. So I guess that that is my source.

Yes, I give estimates because I am not a person who can give exact values. I am not a businessman. I am however a consumer. I know my worth and what I value. I can give suggestions to the company I buy stuff from. They can ignore it and that's fine. My goal is not to persuade DE, it is to deliver my ideas to you and the other people at this forum. If people agree with me (which they don't have to), then they can also suggest similar things. With enough suggestions the company might reconsider. If they don't, then they will lose out on money, and money is their ultimate goal. They might believe that the money they lose is insignificant, and that's okay. Let them be that way, but I won't go down without a fight and so on and so forth.

I have nothing to gain, mind you. I personally wouldn't spend money on the event regardless since I don't need any of it. But I want the people who want stuff to be able to get it at a more fair price.

They are losing out on money. I can agree. 

6 minutes ago, Hokkis31 said:

Actions speak louder than words

If Tencent is in control, why would they do the thing that loses them money?

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

If Tencent is in control, why would they do the thing that loses them money?

They probably won't. This event is targeting newer players and aims to trick them. I'd suggest you read earlier parts of this thread where people go more in-depth on the subject. They lose less money from people like me, than gain from their prey

Lol, it makes absolutely no sense that this would be tencent's influence. You guys are paranoid.

How should tencent profit from a change that makes it literally easier to get the stuff for free? It would have been much easier to just do several classic unvaultings in quick progression, if tencent is  the big greedy master mind, because then a lot more people wouldnt be able to complete the farm and would maybe end up buying instead...

I rather think this is meant to be a Platinum sink. DE probably wants to devalue Plat because it makes kinda sense. They need to tame the market before crossplay / crosssave

3 minutes ago, DukeRukasu said:

Lol, it makes absolutely no sense that this would be tencent's influence. You guys are paranoid.

How should tencent profit from a change that makes it literally easier to get the stuff for free? It would have been much easier to just do several classic unvaultings in quick progression, if tencent is  the big greedy master mind, because then a lot more people wouldnt be able to complete the farm and would maybe end up buying instead...

I rather think this is meant to be a Platinum sink. DE probably wants to devalue Plat because it makes kinda sense. They need to tame the market before crossplay / crosssave

Well in that case DE is the greedy mastermind, and I don't want to believe that just yet

Archived