Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Deluxe, by me!

(PSN)Pablogamer585

After some time I've finally gathered enough courage to post my drawings about how I'd like a 2nd Garuda Deluxe skin to be.

My main sources of inspiration have been spiders, for they are hemophages (consume blood) and Garuda basically does the same, Lady Dimitrescu, for Garuda can be considered a vampire + the retractile talons, and Asian culture, for I simply love it a lot in terms of design and colours. I do admit it both plain and maybe a bit complex to create as a 3D model because multiple layers of clothing.

I am open to all kind of roasts for this is basically the first ever piece of "work" I publish online.Garuda_Del_concept.png

50 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

My main sources of inspiration have been spiders, for they are hemophages (consume blood) and Garuda basically does the same, Lady Dimitrescu, for Garuda can be considered a vampire

dude, Spiders are not blood drinkers, they literally put poison into their victims that melts their insides.

Then suck up Everything, thats because its all melted, like seriously gross. spiders are horrible..

Mosquitos are the blood drinkers, Or a specific bat, it bites at you and gnaws, then licks up the blood, or Leeches

hace 9 minutos, (PSN)Tomplexthis dijo:

dude, Spiders are not blood drinkers, they literally put poison into their victims that melts their insides.

Then suck up Everything, thats because its all melted, like seriously gross. spiders are horrible..

Mosquitos are the blood drinkers, Or a specific bat, it bites at you and gnaws, then licks up the blood, or Leeches

Yet not all spiders are poisonous, how would you say they do the same process on other bugs they catch?
I've had quite a few on my house, quite the size, and from what I observed the bugs they ate just ended looking like an empty frail carcass, so I do accept they consume close to the entire thing, but I wouldn't go for a mosquito design on this concept of mine since it a lot of bugs with proboscis were already source of inspiration for the first one. I was sure they consumed blood too... hm, my bad.

Just now, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Yet not all spiders are poisonous, how would you say they do the same process on other bugs they catch?
I've had quite a few on my house, quite the size, and from what I observed the bugs they ate just ended looking like an empty frail carcass, so I do accept they consume close to the entire thing, but I wouldn't go for a mosquito design on this concept of mine since it a lot of bugs with proboscis were already source of inspiration for the first one. I was sure they consumed blood too... hm, my bad.

Mosquitos get no love, imagine a mosquito themed garuda, bat garuda, leech garuda

A little more side frills to your design on the arms, like spider legs would be cool. 

i'am imagining a add on like black web shoulder pads on her arms, that look like spider legs, to match the eyes.

the skin looks cool, but i just think it could be cooler with flare added to the arms. "spider themed"

hace 13 minutos, (PSN)Tomplexthis dijo:

Mosquitos get no love, imagine a mosquito themed garuda, bat garuda, leech garuda

A little more side frills to your design on the arms, like spider legs would be cool. 

i'am imagining a add on like black web shoulder pads on her arms, that look like spider legs, to match the eyes.

the skin looks cool, but i just think it could be cooler with flare added to the arms. "spider themed"

A friend originally recommended me the bat Garuda, and I started thinking from that point on what else could be done.
I do admit it is pretty plain & simple, the idea was fine in my head! Warframes are pretty intricate and full of detail so I understand the disappointment it can generate.

I made the dress too simple and lacking of detail, admit I wanted to add more but because I could only choose between 4 colours I had a tough time thinking how I'd do it. Perhaps I could add holes to it that are "parched" with more string to give more detail and depth.
Went for the "Spider touch" for the face, insides of dress and veins like webs that go from the chest all the way to her fingernails, but sure, feedback is always appreciated and helps improve things. The "hair" is meant to be strings too, so blood webs all over the body excluding the lower half where they do stop.

Regarding the addition of spider legs, I kind of refuse! I wanted to do her really elegant and refined, so adding spider legs over the body could collide a bit with the streamline I have made, could work as a Syandana, but then again how many spider like Syandanas do we have, not just from Tennogen but her previous deluxe's too. Same time it would hide the energy design on her back that flows all over her chest area.

Upon doing a bit of research after reading your comment for I was sure spiders consumed blood, jackpot! Both of us were right, spiders do indeed consume blood, but also the rest of liquids that compose them, leaving them drier than a Nox's face after sunbathing on Dog Days event.

Do not despair for the Atlas one I've made on my sketchbook is way more intricate, so I promise to git gudder over time, or so do I hope!

1 minute ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

A friend originally recommended me the bat Garuda, and I started thinking from that point on what else could be done.
I do admit it is pretty plain & simple, the idea was fine in my head! Warframes are pretty intricate and full of detail so I understand the disappointment it can generate.

I made the dress too simple and lacking of detail, admit I wanted to add more but because I could only choose between 4 colours I had a tough time thinking how I'd do it. Perhaps I could add holes to it that are "parched" with more string to give more detail and depth.
Went for the "Spider touch" for the face, insides of dress and veins like webs that go from the chest all the way to her fingernails, but sure, feedback is always appreciated and helps improve things. The "hair" is meant to be strings too, so blood webs all over the body excluding the lower half where they do stop.

Regarding the addition of spider legs, I kind of refuse! I wanted to do her really elegant and refined, so adding spider legs over the body could collide a bit with the streamline I have made, could work as a Syandana, but then again how many spider like Syandanas do we have, not just from Tennogen but her previous deluxe's too. Same time it would hide the energy design on her back that flows all over her chest area.

Upon doing a bit of research after reading your comment for I was sure spiders consumed blood, jackpot! Both of us were right, spiders do indeed consume blood, but also the rest of liquids that compose them, leaving them drier than a Nox's face after sunbathing on Dog Days event.

Do not despair for the Atlas one I've made on my sketchbook is way more intricate, so I promise to git gudder over time, or so do I hope!

was wondering if it could be like the spinneret ephemera, hair and such. 

maybe wavy webs on the shoulders, like loose flying in the wind. 

Justo ahora, (PSN)Tomplexthis dijo:

was wondering if it could be like the spinneret ephemera, hair and such. 

maybe wavy webs on the shoulders, like loose flying in the wind. 

That happened to be another source of inspiration too.
Problem was when I finished the body I wanted to add something else to the collection so it wasnt so empty, or just a skin.

Though perhaps an ephemera, we already have the spinnet, maybe a syandana, but that would eclipse the aforementioned back tatoo, maybe armour then, but it wouldn't fit with a dress-type of design, maybe a weapon design, melee? no, we already have tons, so ultimately I made a little concept art for a beam pistol skin that shoots silk like a spider.

Really need to keep working on this thing honestly, I am sure it can look much better if I do it properly.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

That happened to be another source of inspiration too.
Problem was when I finished the body I wanted to add something else to the collection so it wasnt so empty, or just a skin.

Though perhaps an ephemera, we already have the spinnet, maybe a syandana, but that would eclipse the aforementioned back tatoo, maybe armour then, but it wouldn't fit with a dress-type of design, maybe a weapon design, melee? no, we already have tons, so ultimately I made a little concept art for a beam pistol skin that shoots silk like a spider.

Really need to keep working on this thing honestly, I am sure it can look much better if I do it properly.

Corrosive - Magnetic Web gun. 

It would be a secondary pistol, that sprays targets in place with a stunning magnetic web that corrodes them as well.

Like silly string i guess, targets get held in place, taking damager per second from the initial impact

Then the webs on them deal corrosive damage over time, with high status. 

could be cool. i see it in my head trapping enemies, while they struggle to escape.

hace 25 minutos, Arcsyrine dijo:

It's pretty and elegant and I don't mind the simplicity. I think it's a much better looking concept than the current Garuda deluxe, which looks too much like a stick for me.

Appreciate the kind words :)

Stills, I have taken into account the other comments and I am working on a second instance of the skin with different layers to try out different styles of dressings that could suit a more "arachnea" style as Tomplex requested, and it is going pretty well so far as you can see down below! Keikogi above might have not looked too much at base Nyx or Ivara given his statement about the colour being too "human", but I've kept the full pale skin tone, probably the palette will change ever so slightly but maintain the original design.

unknown.png

48 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Appreciate the kind words :)

Stills, I have taken into account the other comments and I am working on a second instance of the skin with different layers to try out different styles of dressings that could suit a more "arachnea" style as Tomplex requested, and it is going pretty well so far as you can see down below! Keikogi above might have not looked too much at base Nyx or Ivara given his statement about the colour being too "human", but I've kept the full pale skin tone, probably the palette will change ever so slightly but maintain the original design.

unknown.png

my favorite part of the og design is the spider on the back, the eyes, and the cloth.

it seemed like a Arabic or Egyptian garb sort of, deserty/spider

hace 5 minutos, (PSN)Tomplexthis dijo:

my favorite part of the og design is the spider on the back, the eyes, and the cloth.

it seemed like a Arabic or Egyptian garb sort of, deserty/spider

Best plan to obtain a decision is making multiple options so so far we have 1 and a second coming, lets see how it turns out :d

hace 7 horas, (XBOX)O37GEKKO dijo:

i fkn love your concept images... especially the exposed geisha back, reminds me of this from the ghost in the shell movie

38ace31517d4367d0a4d942f7f83fe2b.jpg

can we throw it at whoever rendered the trinity strega skin?

also... adding the retractable claws... *starts the slow clap*

Now this is a comment that inspires me to keep doing what I'm doing.

Stills, playing yesterday with my Savage Silence Gloom Banshee to level up weapons in solo (Wow, the method is amazing even without the afinity booster,tried it for the first time :o) I noticed the dress skirt of my Garuda concept was a bit similar to the one of Soprana, so I'll keep making more sketches to change that a bit and give her a bit more of an unique touch :d

So far I've made a different dress option, front only with a more "dynamic pose" (I suck at drawing but only way to get better is trying new things), changed the dress colour so it gives a starker contrast compared to the creamy colour I had chosen at first -though I prefer the cream one still-.

This should help distinguish it a bit better from the pale "skin" and give a better view of how would it look in diferent colours. I'm also trying to add way more detailing to her body so it's not that plain, need to the web veins on this one...

But thanks for the kind words, they help a lot even now that I'm feeling a bit blocked :)

unknown.png

• 1 month later...

I am back, after the most tedious week of college, filled with exams which have gone pretty well, finally landing on holidays.
And of course I couldn't leave my Deluxe threat incomplete, as sadly mostly never I finish my drawings which is a big defect of mine... anyways, I kept working on what was shown before and I've added quite more detail so the skin didn't look so "blank" and simply, what do you guys think?

unknown.png

• 4 weeks later...

Yes please.

I strongly dislike the S T I C C  trend that Garuda's deluxe started and now we have like 3 other Sticc skins they added to other frames.  

This is more in the line of the older trend with Banshee and Mag, but is also seen in Excalibur and Nezha, where the skins were more cloth-y and real feeling, which is my favorite aesthetic. 

Justo ahora, ElecDeathblade dijo:

I mean, it's unlikely to have another Garuda Deluxe for a while, since... you know, S T I C C skin.

But I like the concept and aesthetics. I would change the head shape personally, but it would look pretty great in the game.

I am still surprised by how fast she got a deluxe skin.

The head is a bit complicated, I wanted something among the lines of a spider but a "Oni" type thing too, besides the blood hair, so it is a bit complicated to create a head that can represent all those aspects nicely.

Thanks for the input c:

On 2022-01-11 at 9:34 PM, Kingsmount said:

I strongly dislike the S T I C C  trend that Garuda's deluxe started and now we have like 3 other Sticc skins they added to other frames.  

Which ones are you refering to? I don't remember any of them to look as S T I C C as the Garuda one.

Also, have you seen the Protea Deluxe concept that DE showed a couple of months ago?

E6wFMurWYAExJ4B.jpg

THAT'S DUMMY THICC AND I LIKE IT

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

I am still surprised by how fast she got a deluxe skin.

The head is a bit complicated, I wanted something among the lines of a spider but a "Oni" type thing too, besides the blood hair, so it is a bit complicated to create a head that can represent all those aspects nicely.

Thanks for the input c:

I would suggest that you reduce the height of the forehead, move the eyes lower, add horns and make the hair less straight and more wild.

But yeah, nice work dude.

7 minutes ago, ElecDeathblade said:

Which ones are you refering to? I don't remember any of them to look as S T I C C as the Garuda one.

Also, have you seen the Protea Deluxe concept that DE showed a couple of months ago?

E6wFMurWYAExJ4B.jpg

THAT'S DUMMY THICC AND I LIKE IT

I saw this for the first time just yesterday.    Big need.  Reminds me of a Gara Deluxe concept art I saw with a kimono.  Absolutely love it,  but we'll see how well it actually gets implemented and if they ruin the design like they have with some other deluxe concepts.  

Mesa Projectilyst, 

Ember Pyraxis is kind of a hybrid Sticc x Thicc,   

Equinox Antonym,

Gara Kaleida (though to be fair, gara is a pancake to begin with, they didn't nerf her much if at all), 

Garuda Hinsa is the original Sticc,  

These are all recent skins suggesting a current aesthetic design choice trend.   So here's to hoping for that Protea deluxe,  and more aesthetics in the line of concepts like this Garuda suggestion here.    

Archived