Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path Needs Better Rewards And Affinity Gain.

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

Like the title says. Sure many people already discussed better rewards. Maybe some exclusive weapons or a warframe or two. Maybe radiant relics instead of regular relics. 

But my main thing is that it needs way, WAY more affinity gain. Ridiculous how high level they are and yet very little affinity gain. 

For starters how is them being only 2-3x higher level yet require like 10-20 times the effort to take out? THEN they give you like the same affinity as a non-steel path enemy. That’s crazy. Either somebody skipped math class or this is a bug that needs serious fixing. 

Besides Steel Essence, there is really nothing worth the headache in Steel Path. Literally NOTHING. If fighting steel path enemies gave me more affinity and level up faster, I would do it more often. Sure lots of people would. Maybe even make some fissure missions that reward more void traces. Some extra besides exclusive alerts. Like nothing but Kuva Floods. Sortie with a higher chance of rarer items. Syndicate missions that reward more standing and have more medallions if possible. Something.

But something more needs to be done to make steel path worth playing. As of right now it’s only good for the very few who simply enjoy the challenge of facing high level enemies without having to reach wave 50 or something. Nothing else. 

Anybody that comments, please be constructive. 

there is nothing worth about SP, it's just there for people to try their builds. Now with new forma changes, ranking up frames is not even hard. what is that extra affinity going to do? ESO will quickly rank up your gear since you will easily find squad of 4 there compared to steel path which most players don't even play. that mode is not fun, unless you care for SE

It really doesn't. The rewards it gives are only useful to people playing those ridiculously high level missions. This is by design. The endless cycle of implementing end game hard mode content for people who want a challenge and then people not doing it because it didn't have good rewards and then people complaining because they couldn't get those rewards and then it becoming easier needed to stop at some point.

11 hours ago, (PSN)chris1pat8twins said:

Like the title says. Sure many people already discussed better rewards. Maybe some exclusive weapons or a warframe or two. Maybe radiant relics instead of regular relics.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!! 😮

Steel Path needz less Of These Types of Rewards... Not more...

But my main thing is that it needs way, WAY more affinity gain. Ridiculous how high level they are and yet very little affinity gain. 

For starters how is them being only 2-3x higher level yet require like 10-20 times the effort to take out? THEN they give you like the same affinity as a non-steel path enemy. That’s crazy. Either somebody skipped math class or this is a bug that needs serious fixing. 

I think Affinity is completely Broken anyway even outside of The Steel Path so maybe you might want consider giving feedback on that first. 🤔

But something more needs to be done to make steel path worth playing. As of right now it’s only good for the very few who simply enjoy the challenge of facing high level enemies without having to reach wave 50 or something. Nothing else. 

Considering that was its original Goal before DE caved into Community Pressure... I think they should Consider reverting anything they've added since then....

36 minutes ago, (NSW)randomoddguy said:

It really doesn't. The rewards it gives are only useful to people playing those ridiculously high level missions. This is by design. The endless cycle of implementing end game hard mode content for people who want a challenge and then people not doing it because it didn't have good rewards and then people complaining because they couldn't get those rewards and then it becoming easier needed to stop at some point.

This is why you shouldn't tie Rewards that Make You Stronger to "End Game" Content.... You create a never ending Cycle of people complaining about the game not being Hard/Rewarding enough because all the rewards that make the game easier are tied to the Content that's suppose to be Harder.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-11-14 at 3:19 AM, Dauggie said:

there is nothing worth about SP, it's just there for people to try their builds. Now with new forma changes, ranking up frames is not even hard. what is that extra affinity going to do? ESO will quickly rank up your gear since you will easily find squad of 4 there compared to steel path which most players don't even play. that mode is not fun, unless you care for SE

I guess you're not wrong but this system still isn't right. The harder the challenge, the greater the rewards/XP/etc. That's standard practice, everywhere. It's more about principles than anything else for me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021-11-25 at 10:55 AM, (XBOX)PROPHET N3 said:

I guess you're not wrong but this system still isn't right. The harder the challenge, the greater the rewards/XP/etc. That's standard practice, everywhere. It's more about principles than anything else for me.

The thing about that is...It isn't. SOME games have you earn more money on harder difficulty settings or whatever, but generally speaking when you select hard mode at the title screen it's just that: I want the game to be harder. Sometimes hard mode even IS your reward for beating it on an easier difficulty (as it is here. Clear the star chart to unlock the option to make it three times harder.)

On top of that, it's a questionable practice to begin with. While doing more difficult work giving you better rewards makes logical sense. Your purpose for playing video games is, ultimately, having fun. If the content itself isn't fun, and you require additional incentive to want to play it, that speaks that something is wrong with the game in the first place.

That aside the main reason I'm against hiking up the rewards to compensate for the challenge is that it will, as it has the last 30 times, result in more people wanting the rewards, rather than wanting to do the content itself, and then (as before) complaining that it is too difficult, resulting in it either being nerfed or yet another layer of the never ending cycle of power creep as the devs implement OP things that buff the players to the point the new content becomes a joke (again) and everything else in the game is insignificant beyond compare due to the scaling differences.

Sometimes, challenge is its own reward, and that's kind of the point here. It's for people who think the game is too easy and don't want to sit in survival for 3 hours for the enemies to put up a fight, not a place for people to farm and grind. It helps with that a bit too, but that's because that's most of what you're doing in this game anyway.

Archived