The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring back self damage !

(PSN)SifuPurpleWolf

I think that what a lot of people aren't understanding in this thread is that Warframe's movement, gunplay, abilities, and stealth mix is unique.
Saying, "play another game" is like telling a Warcraft player during WotLK to play a different MMO. At that time, there wasn't really another option- everything was "in-development".

So, if someone wants to enjoy that gameplay, they have to play the game solo because public lobbies don't have gameplay in them. They have people holding W and shooting the ground like cookieclicker or something.

Which, fair enough, but then I think that the default lobby behavior should be solo so new players aren't thrust into Kuva cookieclickerrama- which is the WORST new player experience. 

16 hours ago, killerJoke66 said:

No you didnt need 'exercise' to use them , only people seriosuly using them were either did it for chroma or with zephr in endurance runs , also self damage desynergisez with the explosion range mod(s) since if you were to put them you couldnt use them from mild distance anymore so like i said people were using especially zarr with zephyr hanging on the air , preferably in old derelict big open room. 

I specifically wrote even which area people used it .

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I didn't say you needed "exercise" to use them, I used an expression that means you needed to use launchers more slowly and more carefully when they had self damage. Instead of just spamming the button nonstop. You needed to look around before each shot to make sure there were no other players or obstacles.

Also you're wrong if you say people only used self dmg launchers for chroma buff or zephyr endurance. That's nonsensical, it's like pretending you know what the hundreds of thousands of WF players did with their time. I mean, even if we take famous youtubers, you had guys like Lifeofrio, who was a popular WF youtuber back then and he used zarr extensively with all sorts of different warframes, including squishy ones. I had a clan mate who was a huge fan of the prisma angstrum and used it almost every mission with his god roll riven. But yea sure, even back then there were altready frames who could be used to cheese self dmg and negate it. Zephyr wasn't the only one. There were others, like assimilate Nyx. 

1 hour ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

who was a popular WF youtuber back then and he used zarr extensively with all sorts of different warframes, including squishy ones. 

Rio is built different , more than 98% of warframe players right now and back then cant deal with zarr  with random frames , like him or hate him he has talent for video games . I mentioned zephyr because that was the most obvious one and probably the most used one outside of chroma(for using zarr back then ). 

On the '' That's nonsensical, it's like pretending you know what the hundreds of thousands of WF players did with their time. '' , this is some gaming forum not an academic essay checkup , i claim something yes , do i have to provide precise data that DE has ? No. Simple as that , if you dont like it fine but i will make them regardless because its the gist i get from my observence , it can be wrong yes , but i have sufficent courage to say it in a random forum .. .

• 1 month later...
On 2022-03-14 at 8:46 PM, HelloItIsIJimbles said:

Ahh yes "skill"

Those AOE loving cry babies don't have skill

Brought to you by the melee "just press E a bunch gang"

Lol thats hilarious, I actually mained aoe ogris back when self damage was a thing... also im surprised with how many people interacted with this post.... a toggle skill mode would be awesome because people would really appreciate it. None the less its all opinion based off preferences of what type of game you consider warframe to be but I know the potential warframe has to be a great game for everyone to enjoy and I like making topics in the forums to share my ideas with the devs. they may or may not change it again, but thankyou to everyone for participating in this lively discussion in a mature in respectful manner. Both sides made some good points but more so the people who sided with self damage yall made the best points :)

On 2021-11-27 at 1:21 AM, (PSN)Sifu_Purple_Wolf said:

self damage encouraged skill. If you really don't want to get hurt its called wall latch.

It's funny how contradictory these two statements are

There is a HUGE gap between being careful & controlling your fire so that you don't blow yourself up, and shooting things under you while grabbing a wall

Archived