Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

As someone that actually enjoys Railjack gameplay, I really cannot stand Corpus Railjack.

(XBOX)TehChubbyDugan

There's a feeling I get when I've been farming for a single thing for a really long time and it just refuses to drop.  Like if the drop happens in a decent amount of time, I get that "woo, got it!" feeling.  But like 60 hours in to farming for a single thing I start to despise literally every single sound and action the game makes until the thing is finally done.

Corpus Railjack gives me that feeling almost instantly.  Railjack itself, the grineer side, is good.  You can split up in a team and really get some flow going.  There's some dogfighting in the thing you spent so much time building.  There's some warframe action in the POIs.  Multiple objectives is good.  More mission engagement is good.  All the farming is there.  Great Endo farm.  There's definitely flaws, but it's solid gameplay.  Until you get to the Corpus missions.  I have been dragging my feet on these for a really long time because they induce immediate burnout upon entering them.

It feels like every single "Do the objective before you do the objective" I get is J A M M I N G D R O N E S.  Oh good.  I get to wait for 6 eternities while chasing random spawns around this convoluted tileset.  I got it twice on a Volatile mission type.  I got to wait, so that I could wait, so that I could go into the main objective and wait some more.  I was in a good mood when I started the mission.  Notice how there's really no "waiting" type objectives in Grineer RJ missions?  That's a good thing.  That is such a good thing.

After all the excruciatingly long ground objectives that I always seem to get, what comes after is normally just a basic starchart mission.  Spy is fun, but if I want to play spy, I don't want to run a bunch of timed objectives beforehand.  Slapping old content into new content doesn't remove the content island.  If you pick up a house from one island and drop it on another, they're still islands.  I'm not even trying to complain about things being content islands, but this solution to the "problem" isn't a good one.  It's taking content that is honestly kind of stale after so many years and padding out new content with it, which only feels like padding, not anything like a bridge.

A special case in these is defense.  There are entire threads about how utterly horrible the Corpus Ship defense map is.  I was on wave 3 and felt like I was on hour 40 of trying to get a single Equinox part.  I had already run a whole normal mission's worth of objectives and I still had an entire 5 wave defense in the worst map in the game left on the docket.  Bonus Isos and a relic that I don't need absolutely did not feel like I was rewarded for all the extra time spent.

Waiting is not fun.  Waiting has never been fun.  Especially when the waiting takes this long.  Being active during the waiting doesn't make it go by any faster, it just ends up making it feel like it's taking longer, because you're doing the exact same thing while you're waiting, wondering when it's going to be over.  I have never been in a Grineer RJ mission and actively, repeatedly wondered "When is this going to end?"

The RJ combat itself is fun.  The ground portions where you're active and there is no timed objective are fun.  This is why I like the Grineer side.  The constant waiting and slowness of so many of the Corpus missions is sucking the life out of me.  As soon as I finally clear these nodes, I will 100% never be on them again and I know there's a lot of people that feel the same way.  Please consider removing the time padding from these missions.  It's so unbelievably boring and frustrating. 

I am posting to say that the depths to which I agree with this cannot be fully expressed in mere words.  I love Railjack.  I HATE the Corpus missions.  As you say, if I want to play a normal mission I'll just play a normal mission without all the running around first. 

The one exception to this is Volatile, which is something that I can't do elsewhere and which is kinda neat.  Cy is tied into it well, it feels a lot quicker than the others too, though that may just be perception rather than actual time.  

It also really doesn't work thematically for several things.  Railjack Exterminate is fine.  But Railjack Spy...what, they forgot all about me when I left my railjack?  So now the ship is quiet and unalerted?  Not likely.  Nor does it make sense that the space battle pauses while we fight for half an hour inside.  

Also, Orphix missions are a special and unique awfulness, but that would be another topic.  

"I love Railjack.  I HATE the Corpus missions.  As you say, if I want to play a normal mission I'll just play a normal mission without all the running around first."

Thank you!  Yes, this is the #1 thing that really kills this stuff for me.  I like Railjack.  I like the regular missions.  But if I want to run a defense mission, I'll run a defense mission.

I kinda have to agree with this. I love the idea of ground missions on the RJ, and I like how they tried to put certain POI's in there that are different from the Grineer RJ. But I really miss my dog-fights, ya know.

If I wanted to do survival. I could do that on the normal star chart. Props to the devs for changing RJ up a bit, but it's just not as fun. And the corpus RJ void storms are just... really not fun. 

Agreed - corpus RJ appear to be pointless, I'm not even sure the RJ gets damaged in the RJ part. Its truly pointless. Its just a ground mission where you can also use a mech.

Corpus RJ needs to be reworked to be more like Grineer RJ. When they first put it out it was a bit like the grineer RJ with a ground mission tacked on. Now it seems feedback was taken onboard and DE made it a ground mission with a bit of RJ tacked on.

I think the problem all stems from orphix - they cannot work out where to put it (and it needs to be mech mission) so Corpus RJ was created solely as a dumping ground for that misison. If they had any sense they'd make the Orphix mission something you went straight into, like Jordan Golem or Alad V without needing to do RJ first (though maybe you have to pick up tokens to access it) then corpus RJ could be made great and everyone would be happy.

I likewise utterly despise corpus railjack. The side objectives take a lot longer than Grineer does, crewships have that stupid rotating shield thing and there's the annoying and thoroughly un-necessary requirement to have the entire squad on the enemy capital ship.

Note that I said un-necessary. It is not a requirement. The outside world does not get unloaded. I've had a bug several times where I suddenly get teleported back to the railjack as I'm running through the enemy ship. So outside and inside *can* work together. Forcing everyone inside just breaks the flow.

That and the actual railjack bits of Corpus railjack are almost nonexistent. If I do a railjack mission, I expect that the railjack is the most important part. But no. Go to Corpusland and you're using this fancy ship as nothing more than a glorified taxi. At best, you'll have the job of destroying 1 crewship and a few spinning ring things on the capital ship's exterior before it becomes yet another ordinary corpus ship tileset mission. I can do those anywhere on the normal star chart.

5 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

Agreed - corpus RJ appear to be pointless, I'm not even sure the RJ gets damaged in the RJ part. Its truly pointless. Its just a ground mission where you can also use a mech.

Corpus RJ needs to be reworked to be more like Grineer RJ. When they first put it out it was a bit like the grineer RJ with a ground mission tacked on. Now it seems feedback was taken onboard and DE made it a ground mission with a bit of RJ tacked on.

I think the problem all stems from orphix - they cannot work out where to put it (and it needs to be mech mission) so Corpus RJ was created solely as a dumping ground for that misison. If they had any sense they'd make the Orphix mission something you went straight into, like Jordan Golem or Alad V without needing to do RJ first (though maybe you have to pick up tokens to access it) then corpus RJ could be made great and everyone would be happy.

I suggested in another thread (about how Orphix missions are awful), but it should be on Lua.  Lots of big open spaces, justification for any combination of enemies, a sensible reason for the Sentients to be attacking it, and even reason for there to be a stockpile of Necramechs for use by those who don't have their own.  

The lack of Corpus Railjack Skirmish is just weird.  I don't even think it saves them much effort, given they have tilesets for the ice mine, derelicts and various support vessels.  One or two missions in the current style might be a nice novelty.  Otherwise...why?  

As a collective, I think the Corpus RJ missions are easily the worst designed in the game.  As someone who enjoyed RJ before that update, I was looking forward to improvements in RJ as a whole.

These missions were not, in any way, any sort of improvement to RJ.  They actually made me like RJ just a little bit less, as now about half the RJ missions that exist are ones that I want to never play (but do need to if I want certain drops).

Just the idea of a 20 wave defense, or a 20 minute survival, after a 5 minute RJ prologue is, as far as I'm concerned, the opposite of improving Railjack.

14 hours ago, Wheelhouser said:

As a collective, I think the Corpus RJ missions are easily the worst designed in the game.  As someone who enjoyed RJ before that update, I was looking forward to improvements in RJ as a whole.

These missions were not, in any way, any sort of improvement to RJ.  They actually made me like RJ just a little bit less, as now about half the RJ missions that exist are ones that I want to never play (but do need to if I want certain drops).

Just the idea of a 20 wave defense, or a 20 minute survival, after a 5 minute RJ prologue is, as far as I'm concerned, the opposite of improving Railjack.

Thankfully the only thing I'm missing from Corpus RJ is 3 mods I only need for collecting's sake.  I've finished all the nodes, finally, and I don't ever want to touch those missions again.  If I never have to deal with JAMMING DRONES again, it will be too soon.  I get that as a side objective more often than I get holokey drops, and that's literally everything wrong with Corpus RJ wrapped up into a singularity.

Archived