Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U11 Guesstimate?

Ditsydoo

Question

18 answers to this question

DE hasn't said anything about a specific date AFAIK.

I personally believe it's next week, for a couple of reasons: 

• Codex and trading is being worked on and Steve previously said that everyone who could work on those was busy with the Armor Rework. Ergo, they're finishing the Armor Rework.
  • Berserker has been in the oven for a month now, with Scott's post about her power dating of the 15th of October. She must be around complete, what with the WIP teaser the DC got.
  • Gram and a couple of hinted weapons have been worked on by the modelers, like the new Infested whip.
  • This Wednesday's update was relatively small, meaning they didn't work on a lot of stuff for this one (ergo they were busy with a bigger fish). It isn't always indicative of a big update, but in this case I think it is because of the above. 
  • The trailer is nearly complete, which would coincidentally align with a Big Update, not too far away from PS4 release.

That's my own guess. If by Monday or Tuesday we don't get a couple of teaser by DE, well S#&$ son, the update will be later this November. 

Edited by Kinperor

• Codex and trading is being worked on and Steve previously said that everyone who could work on those was busy with the Armor Rework. Ergo, they're finishing the Armor Rework.
  • Berserker has been in the oven for a month now, with Scott's post about her power dating of the 15th of October. She must be around complete, what with the WIP teaser the DC got.
  • Gram and a couple of hinted weapons have been worked on by the modelers, like the new Infested whip.
  • This Wednesday's update was relatively small, meaning they didn't work on a lot of stuff for this one (ergo they were busy with a bigger fish). It isn't always indicative of a big update, but in this case I think it is because of the above. 
  • The trailer is nearly complete, which would coincidentally align with a Big Update, not too far away from PS4 release.

That's my own guess. If by Monday or Tuesday we don't get a couple of teaser by DE, well S#&$ son, the update will be later this November. 

Thank you this is the answer I've been looking for.

They've said multiple times that they're aiming to have trading and the codex in for update 11.

Wednesday's update was just a normal tenno reinforcement, we've had plenty of them regardless of how close they are to a major update.  Keep in mind they've also been doing a lot of work prepping for ps4 launch so there's no guarantee that this means anything about u11. 

Updates occur on wednesdays and I doubt they'd be pushing it out before the ps4 launch (friday nov 15th for NA) if they can help it.

Edited by Aggh

They've said multiple times that they're aiming to have trading and the codex in for update 11.

Wednesday's update was just a normal tenno reinforcement, we've had plenty of them regardless of how close they are to a major update.  Keep in mind they've also been doing a lot of work prepping for ps4 launch so there's no guarantee that this means anything about u11. 

Updates occur on wednesdays and I doubt they'd be pushing it out before the ps4 launch (friday nov 15th for NA) if they can help it.

Codex and trading are a lot more straightforward than the armor rework, last solid news we got was in the livestream #17, where they showed the trading post and talked about the codex. I'm not an expert, but with the progress they already had on November 1st (LS 17), 1 week and a half is a reasonable time frame to finish the systems and polish the details.

As I said in my post, Tenno reinforcements are nothing to get excited over normally, but coupled with the facts I mentioned, I do believe this reinforcement was smaller so that the devs could focus on the bigger fish that is Update 11. Furthermore, in a tweet seen here, Steve mention that Update 11 "dominates" in the busied DE offices. Knowing DE's habit of working on stuff until the last minute (as they did to release Update 10), I don't think they would work 2 weeks ahead specifically on Update 11. It doesn't guarantee anything, but it could be an indication (among the others I mentioned). 

And finally, to the contrary, I am pretty certain they would push it before PS4 release, in order to not completely confuse the new players from PS4 by introducing a new armor system only one week following PS4 release. Without mentioning the Codex, which will be pretty much the only "lore" we have, that would reasonably be expected by players to be present at the launch on console. Add to that the fact that if DE needs to release hotfixes, there could be a de-synch with both version (at launch no less) between both version. It would be preferable to have a stable version on the PC (hotfixed and all) ready to roll out with the PS4. 

As far as we know, some devs could be working this very week-end to prepare U11 as well as making it stable. Week-end work and overtime at DE has been observed at the release of U10, I am pretty certain they wouldn't be above overclocking for the sake of U11, both before and after a release this 13th of November. 

Codex and trading are a lot more straightforward than the armor rework, last solid news we got was in the livestream #17, where they showed the trading post and talked about the codex. I'm not an expert, but with the progress they already had on November 1st (LS 17), 1 week and a half is a reasonable time frame to finish the systems and polish the details.

As I said in my post, Tenno reinforcements are nothing to get excited over normally, but coupled with the facts I mentioned, I do believe this reinforcement was smaller so that the devs could focus on the bigger fish that is Update 11. Furthermore, in a tweet seen here, Steve mention that Update 11 "dominates" in the busied DE offices. Knowing DE's habit of working on stuff until the last minute (as they did to release Update 10), I don't think they would work 2 weeks ahead specifically on Update 11. It doesn't guarantee anything, but it could be an indication (among the others I mentioned). 

And finally, to the contrary, I am pretty certain they would push it before PS4 release, in order to not completely confuse the new players from PS4 by introducing a new armor system only one week following PS4 release. Without mentioning the Codex, which will be pretty much the only "lore" we have, that would reasonably be expected by players to be present at the launch on console. Add to that the fact that if DE needs to release hotfixes, there could be a de-synch with both version (at launch no less) between both version. It would be preferable to have a stable version on the PC (hotfixed and all) ready to roll out with the PS4. 

As far as we know, some devs could be working this very week-end to prepare U11 as well as making it stable. Week-end work and overtime at DE has been observed at the release of U10, I am pretty certain they wouldn't be above overclocking for the sake of U11, both before and after a release this 13th of November. 

The codex is hardly straightfoward.  As steve explained in the live stream there's quite a bit of code work behind it to make it update in real time so that they don't have to manually add new drops/mods to the codex.  It also will involve changes to missions with the addition of the scanner.  That means new assets, tilesets,etc. etc.  All they had to show for trading was a piece of concept art.

Pushing out an update before ps4 launch would make for a huge amount of insanity between watching for bugs in new live content on PC and the ienvitable problems that will arise when launching on a new platform.  I find it hard to believe that they'd take the risk of dividing their attention so much when their ability to address problems that arise on ps4 could make or break peoples' first impressions.

U11 involves a lot of new systems and content so it should be no surprise that it's their primary focus.  This doesn't mean that it's bound to come out next week.  It just means that there's a lot of work involved in it.

Edited by Aggh

I expect that they will push it out before the PS4 launch purely to get both PC and PS4 on the same page for the release for crossplay reasons.

So... I'm thinking/hoping this Wednesday.

The codex is hardly straightfoward. As steve explained in the live stream there's quite a bit of code work behind it to make it update in real time so that they don't have to manually add new drops/mods to the codex. It also will involve changes to missions with the addition of the scanner. That means new assets, tilesets,etc. etc. All they had to show for trading was a piece of concept art.

Steve in the council said he'd already written the applet that scoops up that greedy milk information.

Also, last livestream they talked about how the underlying code for trading was in and worked.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

I fail to see how the Codex requires voice acting, or tilesets for that matter, since it will probably be like the current lore tab.

We could play ball all week with this arguing, but I'll stop here and be proved wrong/right next week. 

Because of the scanning mechanic for levels and enemies.  That'll mean asets for the terminals that need to be scanned for mission codex info, lotus voice acting for when the scanning is done, assets for the scanner itself etc. etc.

I expect that they will push it out before the PS4 launch purely to get both PC and PS4 on the same page for the release for crossplay reasons.

So... I'm thinking/hoping this Wednesday.

Steve in the council said he'd already written the applet that scoops up that greedy milk information.

Also, last livestream they talked about how the underlying code for trading was in and worked.

Writing it and having it fully tested and implemented are two entirely different things.  Same for trading and finalizing how trading will work (ie what can be traded, what limitations and requirements there are etc. etc.).

Edited by Aggh

Okay fellow Tenno, here is what we know:

Update 11 is due out before the end of 2013. (7 chances left)

There will be cross play between the PS4 and PC

------Several thousand (to millions) people will likely hop on when it comes to PS4

------This occurs in 5 days

------There is an update due in 3 days

------It is currently a double resource weekend (could be a prelude to us building new things....)

After 3 days there will be only 6 chances to update left.

Here is where the schism occurs:

If they just give us a reinforcement (Yay, weapons and such!), they will allow the new players to experience Warframe as it is.

-----This allows new players to get the hang of things as they are

-----None of the older PC players can trade their mods and stuff to the new plethora of new Tenno and help them out

-----However this means that somewhere in the following 6 weeks any grasp of the damage system they have will be scattered to the four winds.

-----Also it will likely be quite a major undertaking to unleash the update because they will need to keep the two synced.

If they give us Update 11 (New frame, weapons, and changes for the win!!!):

-----PC players can help the new PS4 Tenno with mods if they join their clan.

-----They will have two days to work out the update with hot fixes and such while shipping the PS4 with Update 11 built in as a base.

-----Old players will be learning the new damage model alongside the new Tenno.

-----Allows them to implement the necessary UI changes that may need to be made such as Dual shock 4 support for PC (hopefully!) and other things.