Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Minor nitpick about crossfire fissure missions

Darthplagueis13

There are four crossfire missions in the game, two of them being exterminate and two being spy.

When these missions happen to become fissure missions, all the fissure tab tells you is "crossfire", even though exterminate and spy are widly different mission types.

I wanna be clear here: Knowing the main objective of the mission ahead of time is significantly more important than knowing if enemies from two different factions are gonna be messing about. This is double important for fissures as Exterminate missions are excellent for opening relics (many enemies, no timed objectives, almost impossible to fail if you aren't horrendously undergeared) whereas Spy missions aren't anywhere as good (no enemies within the actual spy vaults, different objectives encourage the team splitting up to not have several players in the same vault getting in each others way and be done more quickly which spreads apart spawns, significantly higher risk of failing the mission if you don't bring a stealth frame or aren't being patient enough). Like, I know that you can still just hover over the mission node on the planet to find out but I still think that showing the mission type rather than "crossfire" within the fissure tab would be a welcome QoL change.

I always wondered about this. Knowing the mission is "crossfire" is useless. If I could be bothered to memorize the node names, it would help. In lieu of that, if it says crossfire and Europa, I just stay away unless I'm in the mood for for gambling with my time.

Off topic: Is "Crossfire" missions a hold-over from when clans could control Dark Sectors? Or are the two unrelated?

Yeah this has always driven me nuts especially if I'm not host so I'm not at navigation to vote on the mission. Needs to have a special symbol for crossfire or something and just state the mission type.

4 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

I always wondered about this. Knowing the mission is "crossfire" is useless. If I could be bothered to memorize the node names, it would help. In lieu of that, if it says crossfire and Europa, I just stay away unless I'm in the mood for for gambling with my time.

Off topic: Is "Crossfire" missions a hold-over from when clans could control Dark Sectors? Or are the two unrelated?

unrelated. I can't remember exactly but I think crossfire also predates the current invasion missions.

Archived