Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Game Mode That Could Change Everything

(PSN)Orez01

I’m sure I am not the first person to have and idea for new game mode, but hear me out. This idea could incentivize replay-ability, team work, weekly play, and build on game loop. It could even introduce raids.

The basis is an energy that is gathered as a player does damage, kills enemies, completes missions, revives players, etc. just about anything. What the energy is is up to D.E but my idea is Void energy. When this energy is full players will go to something involving a tower or something similar. In there you flat rate of void damage, so new players are still useful and veterans aren’t over powered. Players will have to clear all enemies before advancing, and clear a set number of rooms. At the end players will claim a chest of loot. it could be an assortment of credits, resources, relics, etc. It starts simple but as you complete floors you will eventually get to a floor boss, a raid.

This mode can also be connected to story progress. Later floors will only be accessible once main story missions are completed ie: Second Dream, war within. Those respective floors and future floors will involve what has been unlocked, and rewards will become better and include items based on that point. Raids could also have weekly/monthly Rewards.

Void Energy:

Void energy will have to be filled each time to enter. Completing missions will be the main source, but simply repeating the same mission will not be enough. Repeating the same mission more then once will give diminishing amounts, but staying in an endless mission longer will give increasing amounts. Now, what’s to stop players from being carried? Deaths and revives will have penalties and will increase with each, but reviving an ally will give you a small bonus. Also complaining a mission with no deaths will give you a bonus, more players equals bigger bonus. Your damage will also be involved, although not as much of a contribution, more damage equals more energy generated.

I know the likelihood of D.E seeing this is slim, but I just had to put this out there. If we could bring this to their attention I think it could be amazing. Thank you 

1 hour ago, (PSN)Orez01 said:

I’m sure I am not the first person to have and idea for new game mode, but hear me out. This idea could incentivize replay-ability, team work, weekly play, and build on game loop. It could even introduce raids.

I am not clear exactly what you are suggesting. Am I correct in thinking it is essentially just a tower style level with extra steps? If so, this has been suggested many times in different ways.

1 minute ago, Chewarette said:

The entire "normalized resource to deal damage" seems to be totally unneeded, added in this idea in order to "limit powercreep" but also reducing your own customization to nothing.

Hard pass for any system like that.

The resource is only needed to enter the area, and only deal a flat rate in said area. My idea encourages maximizing damage in normal game play to generate said energy quicker.

18 minutes ago, (PSN)Orez01 said:

I used a tower as an example but it could be anything really.

"Tower" is the system you seem to be suggesting. Not necessarily an actual tower, but a level designed to function as one.

10 minutes ago, (PSN)Orez01 said:

The resource is only needed to enter the area, and only deal a flat rate in said area. My idea encourages maximizing damage in normal game play to generate said energy quicker.

But what is the point in the resource? Why not just let us use a key to enter?

28 minutes ago, krc473 said:

"Tower" is the system you seem to be suggesting. Not necessarily an actual tower, but a level designed to function as one.

But what is the point in the resource? Why not just let us use a key to enter?

It doesn’t have to function like a tower. It could be some kind of machine that grows as we give it this energy. Again it could be anything, obviously up to D.E

I forgot to add this, but the energy would also be used to unlock the chest or what not at the end and require four players. 

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Orez01 said:

I forgot to add this, but the energy would also be used to unlock the chest or what not at the end and require four players 

It could be a key, they could be what store the energy. I was just explaining the basis of the idea

22 minutes ago, (PSN)Orez01 said:

I forgot to add this, but the energy would also be used to unlock the chest or what not at the end and require four players 

For what reason would it require four players? Based on the information you have given it doesn't really seem like there is a need. It does sound like you are proposing something for more mid-game than anything, so it might be useful for them, I am not sure. But I am not sure how essential it would be for endgame people to run in squads of four, that totally depends on how the mission gets setup.

• Note, your proposed rewards don't really work for endgame. Or at least for what I would consider it to need.

7 minutes ago, krc473 said:

For what reason would it require four players? Based on the information you have given it doesn't really seem like there is a need. It does sound like you are proposing something for more mid-game than anything, so it might be useful for them, I am not sure. But I am not sure how essential it would be for endgame people to run in squads of four, that totally depends on how the mission gets setup.

• Note, your proposed rewards don't really work for endgame. Or at least for what I would consider it to need.

33 minutes ago, (PSN)Orez01 said:

It doesn’t have to function like a tower. It could be some kind of machine that grows as we give it this energy. Again it could be anything, obviously up to D.E

I forgot to add this, but the energy would also be used to unlock the chest or what not at the end and require four players. 

The rewards would fit the current progression of said game mode. Earlier stages of progression with new and mid game players, while boss fights/raids would be the focus of veterans.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Orez01 said:

The basis is an energy that is gathered as a player does damage, kills enemies, completes missions, revives players, etc. just about anything.

I dont see how this will change anything, it will just add another currency item into the game which will easily be farmable and exploitable due to power creep. 

Players with Nuke frames will just find a spot to hide in like they were doing with Steel Path and constantly spam a skills that deal massive damage in an area wile others may use AFK frames like Wukong to just stay there automatically killing mobs wile they are doing something else.

When this energy is full players will go to something involving a tower or something similar.

The Endless tower idea is nothing new to these forums, many players have suggested it before and its not a very interesting idea, we already have Sanctuary which is a sort of Infinite Tower.

In there you flat rate of void damage, so new players are still useful and veterans aren’t over powered.

Newer players wont have access to Arcane Grace, full built healing frames or focus school so its very unlikely they will last as long as advanced players.

9 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I dont see how this will change anything, it will just add another currency item into the game which will easily be farmable and exploitable due to power creep. 

Players with Nuke frames will just find a spot to hide in like they were doing with Steel Path and constantly spam a skills that deal massive damage in an area wile others may use AFK frames like Wukong to just stay there automatically killing mobs wile they are doing something else.

The Endless tower idea is nothing new to these forums, many players have suggested it before and its not a very interesting idea, we already have Sanctuary which is a sort of Infinite Tower.

Newer players wont have access to Arcane Grace, full built healing frames or focus school so its very unlikely they will last as long as advanced players.

It’s not just a currency, I could be something like Requiem mummers and it’s not an endless tower, more of a loot run in the beginning. For new players it would build up to a boss fight that would stick with them and want to see again, and the obvious eventual raid for vets.

the energy gain should be more from missions then damage but still matter to some degree. Vets would be running two or three raids a month/week (how many and how often up to d.e) so they would need to be able to get it faster 

5 minutes ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

We're already getting 2 new game modes with Angels of Zariman this spring.

Maybe they will be something that’s going towards end game and this isn’t needed, but that’s will only be for those players. This is something that will be applicable from start to end. It will help new players along and be rewarding for vets, and it can be added on to as the game grows.

Maybe I’m wrong, maybe it is a dumb idea, I don’t know. I just felt like Warframe was missing something, something that made it special, that got players to keep coming back new and old. Something that could work with the continuous gameplay. I just had the idea and felt like I had to put it out there. I mean, there isn’t any chance of it happening anyway, so there’s no harm in doing it.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Orez01 said:

I don’t know. I just felt like Warframe was missing something, something that made it special, that got players to keep coming back new and old

It is far better to go for something more unique if this is your goal. Endless tower style missions are fairly common in games, they are usually mildly interesting at best. Look at sanctuary onslaught, that is similar to an endless tower. How much fun is that?

I know you say it is not an endless tower, but it you would have to elaborate on that. It really sounds like that is what you are suggesting. A mission with rooms/levels you complete with progressively harder enemies, bosses at set points and loot rewards. You can add whatever little bits you like, providing you keep the core the same it is still in that style.

Archived