Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ps4 - Possibly Getting One

Jofnir

So instead of getting a Gaming PC which costs over £1000, I've decided to get a PS4... but I read somewhere that you have to have a pretty modern monitor so just asking you, the council please can you help me on deciding in what I need for the PS4 like monitor.. I've found a monitor which is quite cheap but don't know if it will work... here it is:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008JJPBH6/ref=asc_df_B008JJPBH615822129?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=pr-electronics-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B008JJPBH6&ascsubtag=uk,2137,ukquicksearch,25,google;f01211115d8bdfdd3b94a471d4487237

or if the link doesn't work here's the name: Samsung S24B150BL 23.6 inch LED Monitor

and please can you list some things I'll probably need to have with a PS4 like headsets etc...

- Thanks!

So instead of getting a Gaming PC which costs over £1000, I've decided to get a PS4... but I read somewhere that you have to have a pretty modern monitor so just asking you, the council please can you help me on deciding in what I need for the PS4 like monitor.. I've found a monitor which is quite cheap but don't know if it will work... here it is:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008JJPBH6/ref=asc_df_B008JJPBH615822129?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=pr-electronics-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B008JJPBH6&ascsubtag=uk,2137,ukquicksearch,25,google;f01211115d8bdfdd3b94a471d4487237

or if the link doesn't work here's the name: Samsung S24B150BL 23.6 inch LED Monitor

and please can you list some things I'll probably need to have with a PS4 like headsets etc...

- Thanks!

Any monitor with a HDMI input and with at least 720p HD capacity will work. For this one, it's a good pick for the 5ms response time and, in my experience, a LED monitor works just as well as an LCD. However, it doesn't have an HDMI input.

As for headsets / mics, I think bluetooth headsets will work and their own Sony Playstation brand headsets as well. I know that, at release, not all USB headsets will be supported though so even my own Turtlebeach PX21 might not work for voice chat and since it's HDMI only, then the pass-throughs for the game's sound will be a no go unless I got with a full-surround option using the optical output of the PS4 and a new headset.

Otherwise, I'd say if you don't want to have downtime while gaming, you can always get a second controller so you can swap between the two if one's battery is getting low and let it charge while you play with the other.

Just get a CUSTOM gaming com. Could cost you say £1500 (mine did, but that was 6 years ago. Not sure in US$).
Also, as I said, mine is 6 years old, but its immediately more powerful than a PS4. Gaming com's are much better for their money! And last longer too. Easier to fix, and can still be upgraded, meaning you don't need to keep shelling out hundreds just to play a few new games.

The Xbox One and PS4 are NOT worth what they've been made out to be, and 'apparently' something like 50% of gamers are swapping to PC.

id say stick with PCs since they will outclass the new gen consoles in less than an year

I'm still sticking to PC as an avid PC gamer, but PS4/Xbone will run you through several years without even having to upgrade, which is a big plus.

For PC's you have to keep up in terms of hardware, but you do get better games.

Here's a monitor I suggest: Asus VE247H, a 24" widescreen LED monitor.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-VE247H-Widescreen-Intelligence-Technology/dp/B004T2LMP2/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1384213102&sr=1-1&keywords=VE247H

It has built in speakers, HDMI in, 1920x1080 resolution, 2ms response time. Before I got a big screen TV, I used one for my PS3. It's also a great value (really good price).

Consoles are computers, though. Our brains are computers, too. Science, *@##$!

You don't need, like, 1500 dollars to build a PC. Mine, so far, has cost me about 600-700 dollars. At this time, it plays everything I want, silky smooth and beautifully. And there's just more freedom in how you can play your games.

But the plus side of consoles is that they don't need to be upgraded to play new games that come out.

Either way, don't be a #$&(% and hold your system over other people.

Since when did a decent pc ever cost £1000

are you looking in PC world, because i advise against it. Look on amazon. You could get a high end pc for just under £500

Hmm I'm not sure about a 'high end pc for just under £500' and no, I know a lot more about computers and buying them from PC World.. If I wanted to get a PC I would want it to have a good graphics card like a GeForce GTX 770 4gb not GT 440 or whatever..

- But thanks.

Edited by SilentHybrid

For a TV with HDMI input im using a Samsung Synchmaster T220HD its a three or four years old now  Been  but as far as i know ive got HDMI input sooo.... And it isnt that expensive to my knowledge   EDIT:  PS. it is useable as Monitor. as thats what im doing with it now. Xbox 360 hooked up and my Pc   new consoles can wait. most of the releases are on the old consoles and PC aswell so -shrug-

Edited by Marabunta5

What?

If you hate AMD inputs, that why are you getting a PS4?

TBH one of the only reasons why I dislike AMD are because of there stupid names for the computer components whereas GeForce have simple and easy to learn names for example GeForce GTX 780 Ti etc.. And I don't care what's in a PS4 because it's a console not so much a computer..

- but thanks again.