Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why All The De Bashing In Threads?

Tevye

One thing that has been bothering me in the forums is how often people take a swipe at the dev's when discussing almost anything. Recently I've seen people make absurd claims like "if de actually played this game, they would know that".

I've played a lot of online games, and very few of them have developer teams that actually routinely talk to the player base, let alone have so rapid a roll out of new content. I get being frustrated with something not being the way you want, and bugs happen and power imbalance will come and go, but why does every thread have to degenerate into rants and bashing? If these people actually hated the treatment of the game, well, no one is forcing them to play. So why not try to keep it constructive? Is anyone convinced about your point by a good burn?

You don't know what you're talking about. They don't listen to the DC any better then anywhere else. DC just gets thrown a bone and gets to vote now and again.

Listen to the design council? They dont ask us anything, at most we get to choose a weapon that comes out before the others, mostly we simply get 'sneak previews' of things.

Then what on earth did you waste your money for?

It seems like joining DC is a waste of money and time.

Makes me glad I spent my money elsewhere.

Edited by Anarties

Listen to the design council? They dont ask us anything, at most we get to choose a weapon that comes out before the others, mostly we simply get 'sneak previews' of things.

Yeah look at that Tenno shotgun that was supposed to come out 2nd instead of Vectis...

One thing that has been bothering me in the forums is how often people take a swipe at the dev's when discussing almost anything. Recently I've seen people make absurd claims like "if de actually played this game, they would know that".

This is normally used when talking about things that were PAINFULLY obvious, i.e. synapse's cost was 15 muta masses and like 3 forma, or the OD's key cost which was like 3k circuits, 10k salvage, or other painfully obvious things like that (or, atleast that's when I see it)

I wish we'd be more involved in things. I mean, c'mon. We see sneak peeks, at most. When I joined, I though I'd be getting to vote on different upcoming features, and I'd see more updates from Digital Extremes. It's not money wasted, but I would like to see more...

Thing is they only listen to the Design Council.

The rest of us are wasting our breath.

Then you know nothing.

DE implemented many improvements suggested by plain users however this is their game, they have a vision of it and they have the ultimate law to decide how much player base can influence that vision.

-snip-

Pessimism and, more importantly, frustration is a horribly contagious thing in a Forum. Without really thinking about it someone will read a pessimistic or frustrated post and mirror that feeling right back, or mirror it to someone else. And it just keeps going.

There are a lot of people - the majority of which actually give a damn about what happens to the game - and they are ALL speaking at just about the same time.

The forums is an endless, deafening chorus of people with a huge number of backgrounds and ideas all mirroring the tone and feelings of what is around them while simultaneously trying to explain their feeling or opinions about how or where to go with the game next.

Such is the way of a Game Forum. The pot shots you see taken at other users and at DE are just a tiny part of that and honestly should be completely ignored. Instead you should look past that sort of drama at what the person is actually trying to say. What his point is.

This is normally used when talking about things that were PAINFULLY obvious, i.e. synapse's cost was 15 muta masses and like 3 forma, or the OD's key cost which was like 3k circuits, 10k salvage, or other painfully obvious things like that (or, atleast that's when I see it)

Liek Long Term Goals;

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Stabilizer -Regular Rare Mod Found Anywhere

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Vile_Precision -Grind/Grind/Grind Mod Utterly Inferior To Stabilizer

Thing is they only listen to the Design Council.

The rest of us are wasting our breath.

Yeah, no. They even made a hotfix when a small handful of players could'nt play due to that password thing.

They do listen to all of the community, unlike many.

Warframe devs are unique, whom listen too all the advice they can to ameliorate the game exponentially.

Yet to me, warframe is not a game, yet an experience.

DE:  Give us tips.

DC: DAT &#!.

DE: Screw you guys.

DC: Lel

Its funny because you think this strawman is true.

Yeah, no. They even made a hotfix when a small handful of players could'nt play due to that password thing.

They do listen to all of the community, unlike many.

Warframe devs are unique, whom listen too all the advice they can to ameliorate the game exponentially.

Yet to me, warframe is not a game, yet an experience.

Yeah, its a farming experience. Better than actual farming.

Edited by nightrunner_ks