Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

grendel farm is anti-fun (for me)

_Anise_

Just my opinion, not needing a mini guide advising what stuff to use since I already completed the missions, got the parts and just want to say it is a horrible experience that I probably won't be repeating for a second Grendel.

Anyway condition : no mods

Unwritten conditions are more frustrating that made me waste a bunch of attempts, is also no arcanes, no gear wheel (but why?) and no operator !! I can only assume these restrictions are to force players into a "no energy" economy which in turn makes you require a frame that does NOT use energy forcing a very small pool of frames actually capable of this mission.

This mode is essentially a "lets turn off all the things that make warframe fun" mode and probably for no reason other than to make it artificially hard

hated it.

2 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

Anyway condition : no mods

I've heard that Augments still work... 👀

I can only assume these restrictions are to force players into a "no energy" economy which in turn makes you require a frame that does NOT use energy forcing a very small pool of frames actually capable of this mission.

That would explain all the Hildryn Reccomendations I got when I was Complaining about This Grind...

This mode is essentially a "lets turn off all the things that make warframe fun" mode and probably for no reason other than to make it artificially hard

And you know what the worst part is....because DE was so Stubborn and refused to listen to Feedback soon after implementing this.... This is yet another Hema type situation where they won't fix something that's obviously broken simply because it would make all the people who Suffered the Grendel Farm Butt Hurt.... Thus it's going to remain Terrible..... FOREVER 😱 !!!

55 minutes ago, taiiat said:

the Grendel Missions go directly against the entire point of Warframe, everything you do in every Minute of the game. they clash with the entire game, and as a result make no sense and have no place in the game.

I bet The Grendel Prime Relics will drop exclusively in Conclave... 👀

9 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

That would explain all the Hildryn Reccomendations I got when I was Complaining about This Grind

when brainstorming I thought Inaros but realized he kind of needs mods to let him do nothing (but tank!) my second though was Lavos but helminth has my only copy and didn't have another on hand but figured he might work since all of his stuff is energy free. I had a tiny bit of success with protea but without mods the energy costs and low pool were too restrictive so my only viable "choice" was helminthed augmented no mods hildryn

13 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Conclave is fun

I queued for it once, maybe waited 40 minutes ? it never popped, they really need a warcraft like queue where you can go off and do other stuff in the meantime while waiting for it to happen

I'm really just hoping Grendel is fun enough to been worth the effort it took to get him.

1 minute ago, _Anise_ said:

when brainstorming I thought Inaros but realized he kind of needs mods to let him do nothing (but tank!) my second though was Lavos but helminth has my only copy and didn't have another on hand but figured he might work since all of his stuff is energy free. I had a tiny bit of success with protea but without mods the energy costs and low pool were too restrictive so my only viable "choice" was helminthed augmented no mods hildryn

I can Confirm Lavos is perfect for Survival....

Sadly his Kit doesn't do much in Excavation since those Things till don't Scale (I don't care what DE says... They simply don't)....

Defense might actually work if you have a Reliable Gun....

3 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

I queued for it once, maybe waited 40 minutes ? it never popped, they really need a warcraft like queue where you can go off and do other stuff in the meantime while waiting for it to happen

It took a while... But this has become a Universal Standard In fighting games.... 

Almost all of them search for opponents while you're in Training Mode....

Warframe's Matchmaking is so Bad that you cant even do something else while you have the game running in the Background ...

Why is it this bad ? 🤔

27 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

I'm really just hoping Grendel is fun enough to been worth the effort it took to get him.

he's cool, using Enemies like a secondary Energy Bar is certainly novel.

27 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

yeah it's hard to find Matches if you're not searching in the NA Region and during prime time Hours. there's also the Discord Server to help with Matching.

So I did the Grendel farm last night. I completed all three nodes first try solo. 

For me Excavation was probably most time consuming because I just did it by running from excavator to excavator and let enemies destroy them so it took time. Was able to give some of them power cells so at least got more than 20 cryotic. I was using Protea with Tenet Flux Rifle and Tenet Cycron and well had Dragon Nikana which I was just leveling up. 

For survival I switched to Hildryn and used my old trusty Falcor which did great unmodded. It wasn't too bad mission just activated life supports when I was roughly at 20% and got modules from enemies time to time. 

Defense was maybe little bit harder but I replaced Hildryn's first with fire blast so I basically just spammed Pillage and Fire Blast. Falcor did good job there too. 

Nw8tkRE.png

On 2022-03-26 at 5:08 AM, (PSN)IdoThea said:

replaced Hildryn's first with fire blast so I basically just spammed Pillage and Fire Blast

the way todo it (or I did it) was add the ability from chroma and set the energy type to electricity then the energy cost for spamming pillage counts as damage also reflecting to enemies along with the blazing pillage, basically its the only way to get a decent amount of damage going

I had a similar headache with extraction where the energy guys never came and when they did and died the extractor was already dead, the last 200 points I got 20 per time just running between the extractors and letting them die.

It isn't impossible, it isn't even really hard it just forces you into a single frame makes it take a long time and is mostly just boring!

Archived