Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boss Health Bars

Luminati07

Hey everyone,

Just a thought that randomly came to me.

For the harder bosses in the game/future "superbosses", I can't help but think that a new health bar would be much better.

Especially for bosses such as Lephantis.

It wouldn't really be necessary for the normal bosses (Unless a hard mode is added), seeing as they go down in a matter of seconds.

frame_0000.jpg

DarkSouls_boss.jpg

Just a couple of pictures from Dark Souls to show what I mean.

Thoughts?

I always wondered why there isn't a boss health to be honest. It's a good way to keep track of the battle's progress without having to look directly at the boss (useful for Lephantis and double boss like Phobos boss battle).

+1

Edited by Casardis

Pretty good idea, The current life bar is kind a too small for my taste.

though I would also consider not to show their hp bar, if you played monster hunter before you would know what I meant. 

Yeah you could tell when a monster was nearly dead in MH anyways, drooling & beaten up bad :3

I like the idea. But to implement this, they'd need to overhaul every boss we have so far, because right now, (as people mentioned) they are easy as pie. (We even have a thread of people trying to kill Krill in record time of few seconds)

It'd be nice if the bosses were extremely challenging and rewarding.

Here are some more pictures of what I think of when we say boss battles with large displayed health bars (from one of my favorite game series, DMC!)

DMC4-1.jpg

Devil-May-Cry-3.jpg

I like the idea. But to implement this, they'd need to overhaul every boss we have so far, because right now, (as people mentioned) they are easy as pie. (We even have a thread of people trying to kill Krill in record time of few seconds)

It'd be nice if the bosses were extremely challenging and rewarding.

Here are some more pictures of what I think of when we say boss battles with large displayed health bars (from one of my favorite game series, DMC!)

DMC4-1.jpg

Devil-May-Cry-3.jpg

Yeah, pretty much every boss would need to be overhauled to warrant this HP bar.

I did mention in my OP that it should only be for the difficult bosses/future superbosses. Seeing as the current ones go down in a matter of seconds.

Came in expecting to read about a new health product..

xP4ryRv.jpg

Left seriously dissapointed.

But about the topic in question, i seriously agree. Harder bosses need health bars, and so do sentinels. Here's expecting that we get all of that with the fabled new UI.

Now that Warframe parts drop at a 100% rate, they should definitely up the ante on bosses. Gone are the days of speed running to the boss, killing it in half a second, and maybe getting a drop, then either speeding to extraction or restarting if you didn't get the piece you wanted. We need REAL boss fights. Ones worth calling boss fights. Lephantis was a good start, as was the Phobos double boss. Hopefully the boss revamp comes soon.

Came in expecting to read about a new health product..

xP4ryRv.jpg

Left seriously dissapointed.

But about the topic in question, i seriously agree. Harder bosses need health bars, and so do sentinels. Here's expecting that we get all of that with the fabled new UI.

I want that Boss Health Bar now...

I hadn't thought of Sentinel health bars. They'd be welcome as well.

Just something small under our normal health number would be great.

Yeah, pretty much every boss would need to be overhauled to warrant this HP bar.

I did mention in my OP that it should only be for the difficult bosses/future superbosses. Seeing as the current ones go down in a matter of seconds.

Well even the first boss, Captain Vor, could use this HP bar because of his phases. He may go down quickly, but it's a good way to track it (since he teleports as well, and you can't look at his HP inside his bubble shield).

Well even the first boss, Captain Vor, could use this HP bar because of his phases. He may go down quickly, but it's a good way to track it (since he teleports as well, and you can't look at his HP inside his bubble shield).

Fair point.

Seeing as Vor (especially with the upcoming PS4 release) will be mostly run by new players, who will take far longer to take him out, having a HP bar for Vor would actually make a lot of sense.

Obviously those with maxed out mods would still steamroll him, but over the next few months, plenty of new players are going to be fighting Vor. (Especially if DE changes it so you are matched up with people your level/skill level)