Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Love New Eximus, but Overguard in Groups is Nuts.

Jarcu

(Not an avid forum-er but doing my best here.)
Part 1:
I love that what an Eximus does now is immediately apparent. I love that they have a bit more interplay, I love the more colorful and noticeable energy effects, and I love they survive a little...

A lot longer, actually.  A bit TOO much longer. 

Now I get that, maybe if you've got your OP builds and every mod under the sun they might not be a problem for YOU. But Eximus spawn in EVERYTHING, for EVERYONE. So they are an everyone issue, whether you've spent 4,000 plat on a God riven or not. 

For just say, 1 Eximus? Cool, Mini-boss. Don't mind having to blast at him for a while. For me? lvl 50ish Eximus take about... 100+ hits in melee? 2 whole mags or so of primary? Tough, but I can chew. But Eximus don't work like that, when your enemy syndicate sends your death squad that's now...10...15 Mini-bosses? At the same time. It's more than 5, feels like 15. 
5 Eximus, a normalish chunk to have at once in some mission types. Is harder to face than any actual boss short of perhaps the parkour glassman. 
Point is, ho-lee dang. Missions that send gobs at once are complete orders of magnitude harder than they were before. If DE wants them this hard, the spawn frequency (and nightwave kill 100 quest) are gonna need some tuning. 

Part 2: The Operator thing.

Now lastly, I've heard that operators are supposed to be good against Overguard. But that's it's own problem. The game keeps trying to force how "they" want me to play on me, and not how I want to play. I don't want to use the Operator. His movement is weird and foreign compared to my Warframe. He's slow as all hek, and dies pretty much Immediately all the time. I have never liked him, and have consistently done my best to avoid everything to do with him at every turn. Resented building an AMP, but did. If you want me and by the sound of it a lot of other people to like the dang kid. Just make him move like a Warframe. Run as fast, and do the jumpy spin.

Since Eximus is an everyone issue, there are LOTS of people who are not going to have Operators kitted out (or at all) for this kind of heavy combat. I have happily enjoyed open worlds and star chart missions for the past, 8 years? Playing it MY way, with my WARFRAME. Let me play my Warframe in Warframe. A lot of this Eximus stuff is good, but the number of them compared to their difficulty is a bit Nuts.

On 2022-04-28 at 9:29 PM, Jarcu said:

Now lastly, I've heard that operators are supposed to be good against Overguard.

I'll just lay this to rest. Amps are not good against Overguard. Period.

Void damage (not amp damage) has a +50% damage bonus agaisnt Overguard, which is laughable.
Even more laughable when you learn that viral procs still buff damage to Overguard like it does to health, meaning your amp is even more worthless compared to just dumping a mag of your gun modded with viral into their face

20 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

I'll just lay this to rest. Amps are not good against Overguard. Period.

Then my point stands stronger. They're tougher, way tougher, which could be good, but when matched with the ways they spawn, isn't very good. 

maybe people would play operator more if the amps werent locked behind fighting eidolons.

that and the transference cooldown is awful. you cant do fluid combat with the operator like they said you could.

literally punished for using your operator due to cooldown.

eximus destroy using CC frames at any form of hard difficulty (like the new missions) i was surprised when i consistently kept running into groups of 3 eximus every room in every mission i ran in the new missions. that and there are tooo many enemies with the eximus. i feel forced to used a meta frame due to how many eximus and enemies there are at a given time.

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Vampire_Mika said:

maybe people would play operator more if the amps werent locked behind fighting eidolons.

This was a big part of it for me back when plains launched. It really needed a team, and I wanted to play solo. I also didn't want to grind a world of warcraft-esque reputation. 
But being fragile as glass, moving like I have a frost effect on permanently, and not being able to bullet or double jump was the rest.

At the very least can the poor Operator just be able to double jump? Just to feel a teensy tiny bit more like a warframe? Just a smidge? 

5 hours ago, Jarcu said:

I love that what an Eximus does now is immediately apparent.

It's only apparently if you see them Coming....

I've Had my Energy Drained by Leeches through Walls and other Eximus Abilities Knocking me over from Off Screen.... 😱

5 hours ago, Jarcu said:

lvl 50ish Eximus take about... 100+ hits in melee?

If it's a Venomous Unit then you will die before it does since it Deals Toxin Damage.... 👀

5 hours ago, Jarcu said:

when your enemy syndicate sends your death squad that's now...10...15 Mini-bosses?

Had this Happen on Hydron Last Night....

Longest....

Defense....

EVER !!!!

😱

5 hours ago, Jarcu said:

5 Eximus, a normalish chunk to have at once in some mission types. Is harder to face than any actual boss short of perhaps the parkour glassman. 

DE responds by Giving Bosses Overguard.... 👀

5 hours ago, Jarcu said:

Since Eximus is an everyone issue, there are LOTS of people who are not going to have Operators kitted out (or at all) for this kind of heavy combat. I have happily enjoyed open worlds and star chart missions for the past, 8 years? Playing it MY way, with my WARFRAME. Let me play my Warframe in Warframe. A lot of this Eximus stuff is good, but the number of them compared to their difficulty is a bit Nuts.

I plan on making a 4th Account just to See what the New Player Experience is like with all these Changes.... 

5 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Even more laughable when you learn that viral still buffs damage to Overguard like it does to health,

Wait.... Really ?

You're not Pulling my Chain are you ? 🤨

4 hours ago, (NSW)Vampire_Mika said:

Same goes for Focus....

After 1 hour in the Simulacrum I can say that the overguaerd is NOT the same for all enemies regardless of faction. Eximus Junos at lvl.185 have 3 or 4 different overguard charges... Lets say you use the Phantasma with base rad / corrosive / merciless build, the time it takes to take one juno down from scratch is anything between 10 seconds and 45 seconds? Corrupted heavy gunner eximus on the other hand are done in 3 sec flat??? Also on lvl 185... Dunno your experiences so far but i think its the most unballanced jank DE has released in  a long time...

Archived