Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revert back Eximus before Angels of Zariman update

NoelleAllogene

On 2022-05-02 at 4:20 AM, (PSN)SandroTheDude said:

The Destiny Champions mechanics Is actually receving many critiques, for what I now: that system is way worse in forcing you into a specific setup, reducing wildly your freedom of chosing the gear you like.

And then immediately following....

On 2022-05-02 at 4:20 AM, (PSN)SandroTheDude said:

Warframe eximi now require just high DPS

:pikachu face:

The irony apparently escaped you when writing that. lol

Hello there

Just played some frustrating solo rounds of the Hive mission on Eris ...I don't count this as endgame material.
The Infected spawn randomly mostly where you can't see them that's ok because that's expected.
But those Eximus ...you get a warning "Heavy unit bla bla" and suddenly some random enemy becomes God...

Nothing works any more. They are immune against any status effects, bullets even the strongest are like popcorn, they nullify the abilities energy, and worse when one spawn 3 others follow nearly instantly ...in the last match I was surrounded by 5 Eximus I couldn't see anything because of those colourful effects ...I played with Nidus and tried to get some away with Larva and ...
only fast close combat weapons could get rid of them ...a high damage per second output with only brute force is now the only way to play WF, this turned into a button masher without any satisfactory outcome.

... why is it that my Warframe abilities won't work on those new Eximus any longer? or any of my firearms that just worked fine before the update?
I had weaker Bosses an those were already tough enough.

First I thought oh cool something new and then it got pretty fast just frustrating and boring.

Those new Eximus needs to be nerfed ...the new abilities are not bad, but they shouldn't be able to nullify the abilities and please ...tune the spawning down.

Thank you.

PS: The little companions are not animated ...again.
Happened at some other update in the past as well.

lvling grounds are now empty. u no longer can fast exp ur gear or warframe even close to fast. sometimes even with whole team defense on waves 15-20 can end badly if life leach is on target and force pushing one is around either defense target or that life leaching one. unless u go there with modded weapons u will loose. i don't mind those eximus on maps with lvl 60+ as there u are with good equipment but they should be forbidden from eximus floods and all defense missions.

From decent work break game to need focus on game..... hope it be nerfed when i next time check warframe around another update as i'm taking break from it. I have too much stuff to lvl up for mr and not enough time to actively play it. mindless grind mid work sure. it already made my whole friend list desert.  

My issue is when there are a ton of them at once, like eximus stronghold. I almost feel like these new ones should be a special eximus and then have ones similar to the old ones, minus parasitic of course. So these should spawn almost as singular mini-bosses in tandem with the older eximus style enemies.

On 2022-05-02 at 4:15 PM, (PSN)SandroTheDude said:

I had zero problems with eximi, I actually find them interesting and not that challenging. But I have been playing for years, I'm well equiped I suppose...

Maybe just make them less common for lower level mission? So that they can actually considered a mini boss, until you have the gear to 1-shot them?

I don't think it's wrong to engage high level mission with good gear, It's better this way than the alternative "It doesn't really matters, enemies die fast anyway".

Agreed on this, Eximus should be toned down the spawn rate on lower level mission, especially lvl 1-30. Other than that, Im totally fine and up for the challenge for new eximus, hell i wish they really amp up the toughness and difficulty for eximus. That would be fun.

After playing a bit more, one thing they need to tone down specifically for eximus strongholds, the effects. When you got like 15+ on screen the amount of effects even with bloom and everything turned off is just blindingly opaque.

20 hours ago, Freebite said:

After playing a bit more, one thing they need to tone down specifically for eximus strongholds, the effects. When you got like 15+ on screen the amount of effects even with bloom and everything turned off is just blindingly opaque.

And fps on low spec PCs. I were able to play around 25-30 fps.

Now, when all eximus appear with liches, murmurs and thousands of enemies in 1 seconds in my screen, I can barely play around 8-15 fps and some freezing moments..

Not talking about freezing in loading, something I have after Zariman update.

Personally I'm over random eximus units having 99,99999% of their EHP condensed into a bullet sponge iron skin whose "weakness" is supposed to be from operator amps yet you're better off not even bothering to switch even if you don't deal bonus damage. While I'm tired of DE having some hate-boner towards abilities (except for a few select warframes), I'm fine with overguard being in the game as a thin overshield that requires some attention before you can hit them with an ability, but at its current state it's way too ridiculous. If it's meant to encourage operator gameplay then it has failed miserably.

I'd personally rather most Eximus units have little to no overguard, more health to compensate, and instead some sort of sentient damage adaptation so you still need to shooty with the operator to increase effectiveness but it's not a total vibranium wall you're trying to shoot through.

It's killed it for me to, as a disabled player. The new angels of Zariman content, forget it. 

If this is the way things are going to go then in out. Catering purely for hardcore players is not the way to go. 

Some of us can't be power or hardcore players, as in my case, and grinding for crap is physically painful for me. 

So those saying "oh it's easy do this" try to think of others first and not just "well I can do it, what's the problem" 

It is sad how developers, in chasing hardcore players, make games inaccessible for many disabled players, only catering for colour blindness or deafness, and thinking "right that's the disabled friendly box ticked." 

On 2022-04-29 at 2:22 PM, (NSW)Kokojo said:

You got a Primary, a Secundary, and a Melee. Most meta set-ups prior to this update (that still works, curious no?) only requires a explosive weapon or a primer (AKA Kuva Nukor/ Epitaph) and a melee CO or gun CO. I storngly believe making one of them dedicated to heavy units is not a issue, it makes you actually think on what you bring.

MR ≠ skill.
You cannot just bomb rush the game anymore, just like you can't spin2win or Mesa/Ash 4 everything. The game changes, and I rather have some sort of difficulty that requires my attention rather than another "oh ok, how I make number go biggest?" and that's that. Most Exmus require you to keep moving or be hyper aggressive towards them, which is not that much to ask of a player.

i get that mr rank doesn't equal skill , but i know the dudes i was running with and can all play the game.
maybe it's because the skill that is required to play the game now is slap on primed sure footed equip a bramma or zarr and jump around and aim at the ground (that's not skill) and i nor the peeps i run with do this either) huh...maybe we need to lol

On 2022-05-05 at 8:14 AM, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Yeah I hate the overshields...

They can also spam/cast abilities through walls/environment.  

I thought they were going to have huge bubbles around them to make them highly visible?   Instead they are dark red/blue/orange   atleast the shield guy is noticeable.  

Would have been nice if instead of an AOE that you don't have time to dodge that eats all of your energy with an ability similar to what was already the most irritating affliction with the Disruptor Ancients, they kept the slow and steady but gave a stream indicating where that energy is going so I can find that enemy, instead of having to try and dodge five bubbles of the same energy eating ability whil also trying to scout out where the damn thing is because giving an aura does not help. Nekros' Spirit Summons is difficult to get people to not attack and I can make them glow bright green. 

As for the over-shields, they're a bit much for an enemy type that is at best a supporting unit, not a field boss. And since they show up everywhere on the Star Chart, it makes it difficult for new people to get into the game, because now they have a wall that is everywhere, that you need to unlock most of the Star Chart in order to get the abilities that are supposed to eat through those shields (which BTW the don't). I think for the Zariman, the over-shields are a fine idea, but they do need work. 

10 hours ago, (PSN)Haffoc said:

It's killed it for me to, as a disabled player. The new angels of Zariman content, forget it. 

If this is the way things are going to go then in out. Catering purely for hardcore players is not the way to go. 

Some of us can't be power or hardcore players, as in my case, and grinding for crap is physically painful for me. 

So those saying "oh it's easy do this" try to think of others first and not just "well I can do it, what's the problem" 

It is sad how developers, in chasing hardcore players, make games inaccessible for many disabled players, only catering for colour blindness or deafness, and thinking "right that's the disabled friendly box ticked." 

It's especially frustrating, considering there are places for the Hardcore players to go in this game. It isn't like there are no options for them. 

This has created a huge wall for any new players, and as a Casual Gamer, I personally would like for the stuff that presented a challenge, not an obstacle, to remain so. 

Hopefully DE will make right on this problem, because they're player base is likely to drop otherwise.

Archived