Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I can't sleep because of warframe addiction (Need Help)

Hellverses

This isn't a "Warframe is so good I can't stop playing" kind of post, right?

In that case, you should seek some physical help. What I mean is, have someone IRL to physically remind you or stop you from playing too much, be it friend or family. Set a strict limit on how much you should play (only on weekend or only 2 hours each day, up to you) and have your friend or family help you remind it.

Probably get someone in your like that can stop you.

I think we all had "that game" that made us turn to the window, see it being dark and 5 minutes later you turn to the window again and there it is...the sun! 

it happends, you just need someone you trust or someone in your family that can make you stop. 

Maybe try with alarms on your phone? 

put an alarm to...i dunno your life, to the "standard" time you go to sleep and when it goes off you know that you HAVE to close the game and go to sleep.

the game is not running away, tomorrow it will still be there.

The best way to end your addiction is to keep playing.

You're going to burn out for a while though.

Another good way is to check the forums and region chat frequently so the sheer stupidity will make you want to forget the game for a while.

Take a look at market prices to remind yourself of how stupid this game can be.

Pick Limbo/Saryn and collect death threats from your teammates, lol.

After a while you achieve enlightenment and you just don't want to care about the game anymore unless you have nothing else to do.

Play Loki with the sigma grindset song in the background: Warframe doesn't own you anymore-you own Warframe.

Just now, kgabor said:

Another good way is to check the forums and region chat frequently so the sheer stupidity will make you want to forget the game for a while.

After a while you achieve enlightenment and you just don't want to care about the game anymore unless you have nothing else to do.

Play Loki with the sigma grindset song in the background: Warframe doesn't own you anymore-you own Warframe.

Have limbo and saryn ... didn't understand what you meant regarding them tho.

1 minute ago, kgabor said:

So your solution is to give into my addiction more

Just now, Hellverses said:

Have limbo and saryn ... didn't understand what you meant regarding them tho.

Some people hate to have them in team because Saryn steals all kills and most Limbo players use him to troll people or straight up don't know how NOT to be annoying in team.

34 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

This isn't a "Warframe is so good I can't stop playing" kind of post, right?

In that case, you should seek some physical help. What I mean is, have someone IRL to physically remind you or stop you from playing too much, be it friend or family. Set a strict limit on how much you should play (only on weekend or only 2 hours each day, up to you) and have your friend or family help you remind it.

It's not about it being so good I actually have a sleeping problem ....

I am having trouble controlling my play time lately ...

I think I am gonna collapse very soon because of this.

46 minutes ago, Hellverses said:

It's probably my fault but I am losing the ability to sleep after playing warframe after 3am. I go to work exhausted ...

Warframe is very addicting despite their warning in the chat.

What do I do?

You didn't post any details to go by, to know what exactly makes your addition this bad, so I'll share my experience and hope it will help.

For me, I was constantly thinking about Warframe because I was concerned I'm not efficiently using my time. "I have a booster so I have to go farm/grind!" "It's the end of the week, I need to Nightwave challenges!" "I must deplete my daily standing limit for Syndicates!"

This kept me playing even though I wasn't enjoying the game anymore.

What helped me were two things.

Other games that do the same - time limited grind/farming. In my case it was Genshin Impact. The game is MUCH worse than Warframe when it comes to grinding and that made me realize there's not enough time in my life to waste on this when there are games which give you all the fun without any farming/grinding nor limiting you in any way. Elden Ring is the best example lately which I play most of my free time unless WF gets an update.

The second thing was taking some time off from games in general. Take a weekend or vacation outside of your home. With no access to WF the addiction will go away eventually but as it always is, the initial experience will be negative until you get used to it.

Hope this helps.

3 minutes ago, Hellverses said:

It's not about it being so good I actually have a sleeping problem ....

I am having trouble controlling my play time lately ...

I think I am gonna collapse very soon because of this.

Yeah, you definitely need some physical reminder.

i'm about to say its not the game its you my dude i was the same but i had to do something with it and its called self control its not hard to do get your things together from waking up eating and sleeping and the games when you have the time for but take from your rest or food time to play? not healthy and not good for long times also 

think about it like that wake up do your things got some free time? play! nope? then after you back from your work or when you can open the game at least play for sometime and keep alarm next to you when you start the game so you can play and know your sleep time to feel better also as a lover of coffee it won't help at all no need for it so get your things together to enjoy everything  

Archived