Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow us to join endurance runs that are beyond the first 5 minutes/waves

Flying_Scorpion

You know how when you're doing sanctuary onslaught, how players can get matched together beyond the first one or two rounds? It would be great if you could join survival, defense, interception, etc runs beyond just first 5 minutes/waves/etc. Maybe make it a toggle or something.

I know that it would be pretty crazy to join someone who is on enemy level 9999 or something, so maybe limit it to just the first 30 minutes of a survival run or something to that effect. It would make matchmaking a lot easier, and it would also help group players together who want to do endurance runs. 

13 minutes ago, FulfillMyWill said:

Players can join ESO during 2nd zone, because the 1st rotation A reward is at 2 zones completed. Someone joining after zone 2 is either a bug or it's a teammate rejoining after a crash/disconnect.

Oh I didn't realize it wasn't intended for players to get matched up together beyond the first 2 rounds. Either way, I don't think I've ever seen anyone complain when it happens.

46 minutes ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

Allow us to join endurance runs that are beyond the first 5 minutes/waves

I feel DE never allowed this to avoid players exploiting it. Imagine you make a squad with your friends ,start a Steel Path survival mission, everyone maxes out their gear and everyone but the host extracts, switches weapons and joins again, catching the game when more mobs spawn and more affinity is flowing meaning even faster leveling along with more rare drops like Riven Slivers? Or in some mission with a specific drop in a specific rotation, people joining only when that rotation is available, grab what they want or not and leave.

You can take a weapon from 0-30 in like 3 minutes with ESO so IDK. I guess if people are willing to jump through those kind of hoops to shave some time off levelling gear, sure. But I don't think it's that big of a problem in the grand scheme of things compared to how nice it would be to just have better matchmaking and more endurance runs. If you want to do an endurance run at the moment, you need to try through the recruit channel. With this idea in the OP, you could find other people to do endurance runs so much easier. And that would be great (IMO).

The game once had that, kinda.

For example it considered the 1st 5 waves in a defense of the host as being the ones where players could join, i would on ocasion, knowing i was a client, push the random players (often newer ones) to high waves, maybe 30 or so, when players began leaving the game, i would stay, causing an intentional host migration, so wave 31 was the 1st wave as the host, this enables players to join in, they would instantly notice that something was very wrong as enemy level was far higher than it what it normally is.
It caused some funny reactions as some players were completely outmatched.

Archived