The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overguard concept for a potential counter/QoL.

(XBOX)Lord ChibiVR

What if you made it so pillage and other shield/amor strip abilities affect overguard like how they strip armor and shields? That way, squishy cc frames can shield gate more easily, and they also still crowd control the eximus enemies. Eximus enemies will still be a threat (like when helminth isn't available), but cc frames will still have a way of dealing with them.

Pillage (and similar abilities) also normally scale off of power strength, which most cc frames do not benefit very much from, meaning they will have to be cast multiple times (or the frame's cc will become weaker,) allowing eximus to be able to use abilities and attempt to disrupt you (by doing things like energy drain or knockdowns) before you can freeze them.

There also could be an addition of mods/a helminth ability that is specifically made to shred a % of overguard.

10 minutes ago, VoidArkhangel said:

Man these clickbait titles...

I'm not trying to clickbait, if DE made the overguard work with pillage we wouldn't have problems, not to mention pillage is one example. DE could make the overguard easier to counter  since rn there isn't anything other than invisibility or spamming thermal sunder or something. Also I could have worded the title better but idk how to do it because I'm kinda new to forums.

hace 4 minutos, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT dijo:

I'm not trying to clickbait, if DE made the overguard work with pillage we wouldn't have problems, not to mention pillage is one example. DE could make the overguard easier to counter  since rn there isn't anything other than invisibility or spamming thermal sunder or something. Also I could have worded the title better but idk how to do it because I'm kinda new to forums.

Ok so first things first, when you read "Overguard Rework.." you expect what says there, an entire new Overguard, while instead you talk about one ability being able to direclty affect it.

Now, DE will half the amount of Overguard that eximus can have in the next update or so they say and, while I also think they need to do a lot more to make fun to fight, I dont think Pillage affecting them is a good step. Also "If you want to make it harder then dont use X" isnt a good mindset.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

I'm not trying to clickbait

Practical example:

Easy Overguard Rework idea

and then

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

What if you made it so pillage strips overguard like how it strips armor and shields?

misleads people. This is pretty much a textbook clickbait to me, even if your intention isn't that.

Besides, DE has all the stats they need to see if something requires adjustment or not. Player feedback usually helps if it matches their data...

Suggestions such as these actually makes them waste time they could use to somehow benefit the player base somewhat.

I'm kinda new to forums.

We've all been there, new to the forums, and that's probably why it doesn't fly as a potential (and do note the word "potential") excuse to justify lack of common sense regarding how to not make a thread title and its content mismatch with each other.

We already have plenty of people doing stuff like that, hence why we can see potential clickbaits before they even appear.

2 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Practical example:

and then

misleads people. This is pretty much a textbook clickbait to me, even if your intention isn't that.

Besides, DE has all the stats they need to see if something requires adjustment or not. Player feedback usually helps if it matches their data...

Suggestions such as these actually makes them waste time they could use to somehow benefit the player base somewhat.

We've all been there, new to the forums, and that's probably why it doesn't fly as a potential (and do note the word "potential") excuse to justify lack of common sense regarding how to not make a thread title and its content mismatch with each other.

We already have plenty of people doing stuff like that, hence why we can see potential clickbaits before they even appear.

I would adjust the title but as I said idk how, and also, any changes to a system would indeed rework how the system functions even if it is only in a small way. If abilities that did armor/shield strip affected overguard, then there would be an easier way to counter it when using a cc frame. I get that overguard is a new thing and DE probably didn't think about this when making us, but all the other other extra "health bars/dmg reduction" are all counterable with armor and shields being removed by certain abilities, mods, and status effects and sentient resistances being removed by void dmg. I get that you are supposed to use void dmg but that is only one solution and the reasoning of this post is that certain abilities should also be utilizable as counters to overguard like pillage. Rn the best you can do as a cc Warframe is to brute force their overguard bars, spam shield gate with rolling guard, or use other methods of redirecting attention.

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

I would adjust the title but as I said idk how, and also, any changes to a system would indeed rework how the system functions even if it is only in a small way. If abilities that did armor/shield strip affected overguard, then there would be an easier way to counter it when using a cc frame. I get that overguard is a new thing and DE probably didn't think about this when making us, but all the other other extra "health bars/dmg reduction" are all counterable with armor and shields being removed by certain abilities, mods, and status effects and sentient resistances being removed by void dmg. I get that you are supposed to use void dmg but that is only one solution and the reasoning of this post is that certain abilities should also be utilizable as counters to overguard like pillage. Rn the best you can do as a cc Warframe is to brute force their overguard bars, spam shield gate with rolling guard, or use other methods of redirecting attention.

Also when I was making the title I was like "would this really count as a rework?" But I assumed that nobody would really care. I probably should change my original post. Edit: I changed the title and adjusted the post to apply to all shield/armor strip abilities.

14 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Pillage (and similar abilities) also normally scale off of power strength, which most cc frames do not benefit very much from, meaning they will have to be cast multiple times (or the frame's cc will become weaker,) allowing eximus to be able to use abilities and attempt to disrupt you (by doing things like energy drain or knockdowns) before you can freeze them.

What about Xaku's Gaze or Caliban's 4th that could strip 100% armor? Now with the help of new arcanes you don't even need +100% strength.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

What about Xaku's Gaze or Caliban's 4th that could strip 100% armor? Now with the help of new arcanes you don't even need +100% strength.

Even then, the point is, there should be some abilities that can strip overguard, like how Mag and Hildryn strip armor and shields. That way cc is actually an option still.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Even then, the point is, there should be some abilities that can strip overguard, like how Mag and Hildryn strip armor and shields.

I'm not sure about it. If you can permanently strip overguard then Eximus units wouldn't be dangerous.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

That way cc is actually an option still.

It's more damage buff (or enemy's damage debuff) than proper CC.

7 minutes ago, quxier said:

I'm not sure about it. If you can permanently strip overguard then Eximus units wouldn't be dangerous.

It's more damage buff (or enemy's damage debuff) than proper CC.

Technically you would need power strength for an effective overguard strip. And it would benefit cc frames in higher levels where it would be faster to cast pillage 3 times and freeze the eximus than to try to kill it as quickly as possible.

Archived