Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nighwave - Angels of Zariman challenges for next season

SonnyPsycho

I would like to suggest new challenges to add to maybe new series of Nightwave. With the introduction of new modes and putting somewhat older content to Nightwave it'll create more diversity with the lack of Railjack and Liches in current series.

My suggestion (names are subject to be changed). I'll put them in spoilers.

Spoiler

Purifier- purge 12 Exolizers - Weekly

Void Plug - close 12 Void Ruptures - Weekly

Fallen - defeat 3 Void Angels/Ravenous Void Angel - Elite Weekly

Banished - defeat 100 Thrax Enemies - Elite Weekly

Student - bring Zarium Accolade to Cephalon Melica - Daily

Archimedian - find and use one of Log Tables - Daily

Help from Beyond - use 1 Lohk Surge - Daily

Home Sweet Home - visit your Dormizone - Daily

Honestly by the time we get the next season (lets be real, it isn't coming anytime soon) they'll just be more things for us to ignore and dilute the current challenges even more...

If we're going to add in even more challenges to the rotation (especially ones that are bad for newbies) then we really need a rework on the way nightwave works.... it needs to change to something closer to a syndicate or steel path...  with a fixed set of rewards (kuva, helmets, potatoes) and a rotating option of things like umbra forma bp's etc. 

Oh and that dormizone one.. that needs to be a 7K one, seriously I (and many others) have visited the place like once since release.

18 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

a fixed set of rewards (kuva, helmets, potatoes) and a rotating option of things like umbra forma bp's etc. 

I'm not quite seeing how this differs (other than in fine detail) from what we have?

2 hours ago, Grommile said:

I'm not quite seeing how this differs (other than in fine detail) from what we have?

The story side of things clearly isn't working (lack of time/staff) and the rewards are quite repetitive, with this one being so heavy on repeat rewards I think I came out with 2 new items, one of which is a reskinned twitch item.... the 'duplicate' rewards turn into credits which for 'long term' players are pretty useless outside of kuva and potatoes.... hell I haven't even done half the tasks and I'm rank 30+ where my rewards are just credits.

Throw in people complaining due to missing the 'last week' of a nightwave cycle and not spending their credits, along with the lack of nitain when nightwave isn't available.

Syndicates don't have fixed tasks each week, they have a daily cap of standing (could be weekly for nightwave) so you just make all the challenges available and cap how much we can earn in a week, maybe keep a rotation on the 1k stuff.  Allows newbies to do lots of smaller options while long term players can just do the 7k options.

Then put all the rewards in the store, either constantly like syndicates or on a rotation like steel path....  (umbra bp can be 120,000 standing type of thing and/or 8 weekly)

Essentially it's a better approach long term for the system to have a non story based approach to it with no time restrictions etc and being constantly available.

Archived