The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

controller on pc is not working, would switch over otherwise

Victoria_Rider

I am a 90's kid, and as a 90's kid, I was not growing up with a mouse and keyboard, it was controller/paddle. I am an unironic Yareli main who knows one major flaw no one mentions, which is that Yareli plays more like a Halo phantom with 3 alt fires, than a water caster with gun and blade. keyboard and mouse is "comparatively" extremely difficult to pull her off. and I will admit that Yareli with keyboard would make me swear off of her.

here is the problem. controller doesn't work. it just doesn't. I don't know what the issue is, but I know that I am not the only one. many people don't play warframe because keyboard perplexes them, and controller is not an option. however, with cross play and save coming up after sony stops doing sony, I want to swap all I have done to pc, so I can have a faster, smoother, prettier time with the game, though running into a creator would freak me out... sense... you know... hate meta go brrr?

however if there is a brand or type of controller I would need to get to actually get it to work, I would get it next check, so let me know if there is one.

hope it is not too long, see you on switch, and yes, I am always trying to race you, it is hilarious

what type of Controller are you using? the common ones like Xbox or Playstation certainly should just work as long as they're connected.
if you have something a bit oddball, there are Software solutions to aid in Controller support on PC. though anything that is compliant with Xinput or DirectInput i assume should work (i assume the game will use either API).

and unrelated, PC gaming has existed alongside for more Decades than you think, i guess - it was present during the times you suggest that it was all Controllers :)

5 minutes ago, taiiat said:

the common ones like Xbox or Playstation certainly should just work as long as they're connected.

As far as I know only XInput devices work natively with Warframe. DInput, such as PlayStation controllers, require additional software emulation through either Steam or DS4Windows.

OP, if you're using a Switch controller you'll need either of these programs to correctly emulate an Xbox one before you can play with it.

so I need a 3rd party emulator, or a 360 controller not a series whatever this is? that is good to know, just gotta figure out what an emulator is. also yes i am using steam and xbox series something, and it is busted.

well, time to go down da rabbit hole

I've been using a 360 controller, or a third party variant, for almost 10 years on Warframe. (My fingers are too old and knackered to use KBM).

Amazon has these available for next to nothing. Besides an initial requirement to rebind the keys to my liking I've had no issues.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Gena_da_Slime said:

so I need a 3rd party emulator, or a 360 controller not a series whatever this is? that is good to know, just gotta figure out what an emulator is. also yes i am using steam and xbox series something, and it is busted.

well, time to go down da rabbit hole

I'm using an Xbox One controller and it's always just worked connected with a usb cable. Don't even need the adapter. The newer controllers should work fine as well.
I wouldn't use a 360 controller just cus they're pretty old now and might be a hassle to setup.

Controller emulators are just programs that take your controller's inputs and convert them to the input code of a different controller. usually into xbox cus most pc games are natively compatible with xbox controls. This is needed because different controllers have different outputs for the same buttons. Steam has a controller emulator built into it if you just check controller settings but it's a bit more complicated than most.

But getting a current generation xbox controller is the easiest solution. If you wanna go wireless than you'll want the wireless pc adapter for xbox controllers which usually isn't too hard to find, and probably rechargeable batteries. If you dont care about having a wire than just get a usb cable of suitable length and it should work without an adapter or any batteries inside it.

Most 3rd party xbox controllers (controllers made by a manufacturer other than microsoft meant to work for xbox) are usually just usb cable only and should work fine as well. Though they don't ever last as long before the buttons or sticks wear out.

mmh if you're using an Xbox Controller, of any type, it should just work natively, as it does for many others.

why it isn't, beats me, i only own a Controller because i got it really cheap and i only use it in Driving Games. not my wheelhouse.
but some Software aids such as DS4win, reWASD, X360ce, Et Cetera.
i myself use reWASD to improve compatibility with my oddball choice of a Controller with most Driving Games.

Steam Input should also be helping make the Controller have a 'it just works' experience, in addition.

i assume you have but check the Controls Menu for maybe any useful settings to flip and also try re-binding actions to where you want them to be to see if that helps.

Archived