Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pickups like Voidplumes and Syndicate Emblems should be given to all players in the mission when a player picks one up instead of having each player backtrack to them

JayMorayEel

Taking your time to search each crevice of the map is something that helps with the amount of backtracking you do in any mission what so ever. 

This post just shows that you think others should do the job for you and that you encourage afk farming, aka. Leeching. 

11 minutes ago, xXDragonGodXx said:

Taking your time to search each crevice of the map is something that helps with the amount of backtracking you do in any mission what so ever. 

This post just shows that you think others should do the job for you and that you encourage afk farming, aka. Leeching. 

Why things like above thread is frowned upon but when someone talk about Relics it's "go with group" aka leeching as well.

16 minutes ago, xXDragonGodXx said:

Except this proposed change would help the players who are actually playing the mission.  In my experience with Zariman missions and bounties, I'm always the one on the objective.  My random teammates will either help, or they'll wander off on a treasure hunt and ping some plume about 500-1000m away that crowds my UI and reminds me that DE doesn't care that I'm defending the objective or actually completing the mission.  The randos off on their sidequest will get the bounty/mission rewards that I earned for them, in addition to those plumes that they found while avoiding the objective.  It's bad design.  Changing it so that the sidequest randos give rewards to the players actually on the objective would build a lot of good will with DE and with the randos.

2 minutes ago, quxier said:

Why things like above thread is frowned upon but when someone talk about Relics it's "go with group" aka leeching as well.

Relics; you have a better chance at getting X-item when you are in a group. And if you are in a pre-made group there is always the posibility of making it abundantly clear that everyone needs to carry their weight in the mission. if one person does less than the other, then this is still not really leeching, but can turn into leeching if someone does nothing and still gets good rewards.

Now consider that instead of doing the mission in zariman, and instead you just sit at the elevator and wait, then the OP's suggestion would lead to even more leeching with this. 

So for next time, please get an understanding of what leeching is and try to understand what you are talking about before using it as invalid arguments for your own satisfaction.

4 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Except this proposed change would help the players who are actually playing the mission.  In my experience with Zariman missions and bounties, I'm always the one on the objective.  My random teammates will either help, or they'll wander off on a treasure hunt and ping some plume about 500-1000m away that crowds my UI and reminds me that DE doesn't care that I'm defending the objective or actually completing the mission.  The randos off on their sidequest will get the bounty/mission rewards that I earned for them, in addition to those plumes that they found while avoiding the objective.  It's bad design.  Changing it so that the sidequest randos give rewards to the players actually on the objective would build a lot of good will with DE and with the randos.

The inherent problem that you are describing is not going to be fixed by the OP's suggestion, as the problem you ARE describing is the difference in interest between you and the random party you get assigned. there are a difference in the mission types aswell that makes some of the mission types not suited for "strip mining" the map before or while doing the objective for the mission it self. It is still a kind of leeching being done at that stage, where the other players are using you to get the mission done while they look for what they want to get out of the mission. They don't care about the target, because you have allready shown yourself to be naive and take that responcibility.

Now you dont see to much of this "active" manipulation in other mission types, but in those other mission types there is other ways player will leech. 

My suggestion to you would be to try doing the missions solo, play with a pre-made team that you know well or take it slower and farm the whole map. 

54 minutes ago, xXDragonGodXx said:

While players are out exploring the map to find voidplumes, I'm normally the one who stays behind to solo the objective. When I complete it, those players will often rush to extraction, forcing me to scramble like a lunatic in order to collect the voidplumes they found, delaying the extraction and making people upset.

So no, I think people picking up voidplumes should collect it for everyone else in the team to make the mission more smooth.

"But it encourages leeching." Running bounties already reward voidplumes on completion. If someone wants to leech, they're going to do it regardless. And bear in mind that leeching is a reportable offense so if they want to get themselves banned for not being a team player, then so be it. It's not an excuse to not implement some QoL.

39 minutes ago, xXDragonGodXx said:

Relics; you have a better chance at getting X-item when you are in a group. And if you are in a pre-made group there is always the posibility of making it abundantly clear that everyone needs to carry their weight in the mission. if one person does less than the other, then this is still not really leeching, but can turn into leeching if someone does nothing and still gets good rewards.

Radshare group are just required to bring radiant relics. If you don't fail mission (e.g. fail spies if you don't know how to) or make mission harder (e.g. Limbo's stuffs or Slow nova when there is no need for her) then it personal preferences.

Now consider that instead of doing the mission in zariman, and instead you just sit at the elevator and wait, then the OP's suggestion would lead to even more leeching with this.

The same goes for Zariman & OP's suggestion. There could be pre-made (or at least they talk about what they roles are if you cannot join pre made group) that does their roles and not just sit in the Elevator (or other places).

So for next time, please get an understanding of what leeching is and try to understand what you are talking about before using it as invalid arguments for your own satisfaction.

Same goes for you? At least with "understanding" part.

46 minutes ago, xXDragonGodXx said:

The inherent problem that you are describing is not going to be fixed by the OP's suggestion, as the problem you ARE describing is the difference in interest between you and the random party you get assigned. there are a difference in the mission types aswell that makes some of the mission types not suited for "strip mining" the map before or while doing the objective for the mission it self. It is still a kind of leeching being done at that stage, where the other players are using you to get the mission done while they look for what they want to get out of the mission. They don't care about the target, because you have allready shown yourself to be naive and take that responcibility.

Now you dont see to much of this "active" manipulation in other mission types, but in those other mission types there is other ways player will leech. 

My suggestion to you would be to try doing the missions solo, play with a pre-made team that you know well or take it slower and farm the whole map. 

The inherent problem I'm describing might not be fixed by the OP's suggestion, but it would certainly take the sting out of doing all the work.

As it is, DE is incentivizing "leeching" because the leechers get more out of the mission than the people actually doing the objective.  Or they get the same amount of rewards without all the backtracking and hassle.  Hiding plumes around like syndicate medallions was a bad design decision, but having shared pickups of these plumes would alleviate that bad design decision somewhat.

DE really needs to hire some testers that are, to put it bluntly, sociopaths.  Hire testers that will deliberately try to only benefit themselves and sabotage other players whenever they get the chance.  With solo extraction an option in Zariman missions, impatient hosts can force their client players into host migration, jeopardizing their rewards due to how unstable this game is.  If DE had sociopath testers, they would have spotted a problem like this, just as they would have spotted the problem with putting plumes in all Zariman mission types with no shared pickup.

2 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

DE really needs to hire some testers that are, to put it bluntly, sociopaths.  Hire testers that will deliberately try to only benefit themselves and sabotage other players whenever they get the chance. 

Quite the contrary, DE doesn't need to hire sociopaths.  This isn't going to fix the problem at all.   They have players in the community that address this constantly.  As we're seeing in this thread, know what the problems are and refuse to call it as the elephant in this room:  Leechers and lazy players that expect the gamers that like farming and like the work done for the mission, to find solutions to make it easier to carry their butts to the cake at the end of the mission.  Instead the OP is addressing fixing for "me" and "only me" solution.  

How about instead we fix the problem at the source?  Report them...  Pure and simple.  Report them for un-sportsmanship conduct.  Report them for leeching.  

I have personally too witnessed and experience that too many people work on the assumption that reporting is a Sisyphean chore;  the deluge of bad and lazy habits far outweigh the pros of reporting.  Couple this with generic responses from DE because they neither want to focus on the player mentioned in the report coupled with a clear lack of solution being done; it's simply not worth the effort. 

So it's far easier to ignore the reporting tool and leave it alone.  

While it's a common sense and a sound solution to play with friends of like mind or solo; it simply turns the endemic problem of leechers and AFK farmers in gaming -- and this doesn't just apply to Warframe as I've seen this in all MMOs I enjoy -- it just turns it into an "out of sight, out of mind" method of handling the problem.  

Instead, I propose we prove that reporting (and the resolution) for the Leechers and AFK farmers is the real problem. 

It can be done. 

Just ask Rahetalius.  

Or I'll tell you stories about how a media black eye moved Frontier to ban Gankers in open space in Elite Dangerous. 

10 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

How about instead we fix the problem at the source?  Report them...  Pure and simple.  Report them for un-sportsmanship conduct.  Report them for leeching.  

While it's good to report leeches, this logic is flawed at its base. What you're suggesting is addressing a symptom and not the source. You report a leech and they get punished, then what? There'll just be more leeches cropping up, even the ones who were punished.

I remember in games like Runescape, certain minigames had an activity meter and failing to keep it up means your rewards are voided. DE has an extremely lax activity tracker which can be circumvented by putting a weight down on a WASD key. If they enforced a stronger activity tracker, such as requiring players score kills, supporting teammates, or make progress towards completing the objective (ex. tagging life support and collecting life support drops, killing enemies attacking rescue target, damaging capture target, putting a key in a conduit, completing a spy room), it'll be a lot harder for leeches to get away with what they're doing.

9 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

Quite the contrary, DE doesn't need to hire sociopaths.  This isn't going to fix the problem at all.   They have players in the community that address this constantly.  As we're seeing in this thread, know what the problems are and refuse to call it as the elephant in this room:  Leechers and lazy players that expect the gamers that like farming and like the work done for the mission, to find solutions to make it easier to carry their butts to the cake at the end of the mission.  Instead the OP is addressing fixing for "me" and "only me" solution.  

Fair.  But defining leeching isn't always easy to do.  After all, the players I'm complaining about could argue that they're contributing by finding and tagging plumes.  The OP's suggestion would be a simple way to make this type of contribution immediately more effective and assuage the need for backtracking.  It's really simple.  DE has already done this with reactant in Void Storm missions.  

I get that making these pickups shared would reduce the time spent in mission and reduce player engagement, but it would build up a lot of good will, both among players and with DE.

45 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

While it's good to report leeches, this logic is flawed at its base. What you're suggesting is addressing a symptom and not the source. You report a leech and they get punished, then what? There'll just be more leeches cropping up, even the ones who were punished.

And here's where you stopped reading: 

56 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

I have personally too witnessed and experience that too many people work on the assumption that reporting is a Sisyphean chore;  the deluge of bad and lazy habits far outweigh the pros of reporting.  Couple this with generic responses from DE because they neither want to focus on the player mentioned in the report coupled with a clear lack of solution being done; it's simply not worth the effort. 

I might not have been clear on Sisyphean chore:

dCnO9qw.jpg

While I don't have access to your posts in the Founders' forums, I can tell you that the first page of posts on your profile don't seem to address what you propose from Runescape being introduced to the game. 

It makes me wonder -- when's the last time you addressed this proposal in the Forums.  And more importantly how was it received by the general public? 

22 hours ago, xXDragonGodXx said:

Honestly.... 

I don't mind....

Besides it's not Leeching... It's Dividing Responsibities..... One Person does The Mission while another goes Scavenging Hunting....

This is probably the Best part about Railjack.... I can board The Derelict/Ice Mine/Freight Linker while Some one else Blows Up Crew Ships and we all get Paid for each Other's Efforts... 👍.

22 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

In my experience with Zariman missions and bounties, I'm always the one on the objective. 

Last Weekend...on My MR 5 Account.... I had this MR 30 join my Session on Zariman Mobile Defense.... And Rather than Helping me he decided this was Tomb Raider and went Artifact Hunting instead....

I made him pay for his Laziness by Following Him Around and picking up Everything he did While Nobody did The Objective....

Now ofcourse....if Picks were Shared then this Wouldn't be so Bad....👀.

It's bad design. 

Actually it's Worse.... It's Intentional Bad Design....

Whatever Limits Progress and Stretches out the Syndicate Grind....DE will do it....just like they Did in Fortuna....

Changing it so that the sidequest randos give rewards to the players actually on the objective would build a lot of good will with DE and with the randos.

Yeah Well.... DE can't keep the Lights on with "Good Will" so I'm not Holding my Breath on This one.

22 hours ago, xXDragonGodXx said:

-Snip.

You Call it Leeching...I call it Team Work... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

21 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

DE really needs to hire some testers that are, to put it bluntly, sociopaths.  Hire testers that will deliberately try to only benefit themselves and sabotage other players whenever they get the chance. 

I reckon that's exactly what they Did...and that's how the Missions came to be designed the way they are now.... In the Name of Stretching Content....

It will probably get Fixed when it no longer makes a Difference just like Cetus....

Seriously.... look at many Stuff in Cetus Became Outclassed by everything that Came after words from Melees to Amps to Arcanes.... 

It's nice that they went back and fixed some of it but I honestly don't Need anything From there👀👀....

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

Skipped The Quills and went Straight for Fortuna.....

• 4 weeks later...
On 2022-07-31 at 5:02 PM, Kontrollo said:

You can be pretty certain that this is by design.

The overall state of the game has turned it into 'rush to the green marker'. Expect more of this kind of busywork rather than less.

The recent change to medallions was a good move in my opinion, and I'm happy to be proven wrong on this one.

So thanks for that.

Best update ever, it could bring bad things as everything but 
lets be real game became a solo reward while using others to make it easier

example void relics you want others to get different stuffs as prev everyone ran surv 1-2hours for something
its better now but no that good since gl finding that relic after isnt popular 

On 2022-08-01 at 4:28 PM, Lutesque said:

Honestly.... 

I don't mind....

Besides it's not Leeching... It's Dividing Responsibities..... One Person does The Mission while another goes Scavenging Hunting....

This is probably the Best part about Railjack.... I can board The Derelict/Ice Mine/Freight Linker while Some one else Blows Up Crew Ships and we all get Paid for each Other's Efforts... 👍.

Last Weekend...on My MR 5 Account.... I had this MR 30 join my Session on Zariman Mobile Defense.... And Rather than Helping me he decided this was Tomb Raider and went Artifact Hunting instead....

I made him pay for his Laziness by Following Him Around and picking up Everything he did While Nobody did The Objective....

Now ofcourse....if Picks were Shared then this Wouldn't be so Bad....👀.

Actually it's Worse.... It's Intentional Bad Design....

Whatever Limits Progress and Stretches out the Syndicate Grind....DE will do it....just like they Did in Fortuna....

Yeah Well.... DE can't keep the Lights on with "Good Will" so I'm not Holding my Breath on This one.

You Call it Leeching...I call it Team Work... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I reckon that's exactly what they Did...and that's how the Missions came to be designed the way they are now.... In the Name of Stretching Content....

It will probably get Fixed when it no longer makes a Difference just like Cetus....

Seriously.... look at many Stuff in Cetus Became Outclassed by everything that Came after words from Melees to Amps to Arcanes.... 

It's nice that they went back and fixed some of it but I honestly don't Need anything From there👀👀....

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

Skipped The Quills and went Straight for Fortuna.....

I take it you don't do Eidolon Hunts then? Because, as far as I'm aware, to be useful and not basicallly leech in Eidolon Hunts is to have as good of an AMP as possible. Only way to get that is through Quills. Well, unless you'd rather be a one trick pony with trinity or something. I personally highly dislike seeing 0% damage in Eidolon Hunts, no matter the role you play. There's always a way you can help more, but instead you'd be relying on the fact that other people farmed like hell to reach a point where they can basically solo it.
But, as far as I'm concerned, that's leeching.
Have you ever done Eidolon Hunts?

On 2022-08-25 at 9:43 AM, Kontrollo said:

The recent change to medallions was a good move in my opinion, and I'm happy to be proven wrong on this one.

So thanks for that.

Does that mean they changed it so everyone gets the voidplumes automatically now?
Appears it is, this is amazing. Finally I can actually play the objective in Zariman missions.

Archived