Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

wisp's reservoirs

Merrcenary

my suggestion about wisp's reservoirs is to add duration to reservoirs (for example 30 secs with 100str), which will eliminate afk playstyle where you place your reservoirs and then go afk for the next few hours while your team doing all the work in endless mission

Hmm, kinda kills the portal teleport aspect of Reservoirs + Breach Surge though.

I'd suggest changes to the pods would be go up to interact with the pods to pick up Motes. Have the AoE around the pod pause the timer but not refresh the Mote's duration.

And make Shock Mote's zap line of sight for reals.

vor 49 Minuten schrieb (PSN)IdoThea:

If player goes AFK they won't get rotation rewards at least. 

in general, afk is absolutely brain dead!
I don't know anyone who goes afk voluntarily. because that is absurd and a waste of time!
i get 10x or even more resources when i play actively! and account will not be banned! because logs can be analyzed super easily and macros or afk people can be banned super easily!

4 hours ago, Merrcenary said:

will eliminate afk playstyle

Leeches gonna leech.

I am most definitely NOT gonna excuse any of that behavior, but if someone at the very least
does something that supports the mission, be it via buffs / healing or Wuclone nuking or whatever,
that's still ever so slightly better than those that just do truly nothing while AFK ... I guess.

I'd rather not have regular players have their fun / effectiveness diminished in an attempt to curb leech bs,
leeches will just find another thing, or indeed simply contribute even less.

3 hours ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

If player goes AFK they won't get rotation rewards at least. 

Real "hardcore" leeches will usually figure out just what the bare minimum of interaction required to not trigger AFK measures is.

15 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

in general, afk is absolutely brain dead!
I don't know anyone who goes afk voluntarily. because that is absurd and a waste of time!
i get 10x or even more resources when i play actively! and account will not be banned! because logs can be analyzed super easily and macros or afk people can be banned super easily!

I kind of understand AFK sometimes. I don't support it but I understand if you are just there level up your warframe again after another forma and it can get boring. another argument I seen is that when someone else nukes whole map others don't have to do anything. 

I've been thinking what if they added some sort idle level up warframe mechanic when using forma. 

I know this probably would be controversial thing but it probably would eliminate some of the AFKers. Like you send your warframe to be leveled up over time but it would only be available after forma not for first leveling. It would be like foundry so you could even shut down game and your frame would level up but downside would be that you cannot use it until leveling up is complete or canceled. It would also take longer than simply leveling it up yourself but in other hand if you don't have time to play or just don't want to level up same frame again. 

Might be dumb idea but this just came to my mind once when I was again leveling frame after another forma. 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb (PSN)IdoThea:

I kind of understand AFK sometimes. I don't support it but I understand if you are just there level up your warframe again after another forma and it can get boring. another argument I seen is that when someone else nukes whole map others don't have to do anything. 

I've been thinking what if they added some sort idle level up warframe mechanic when using forma. 

I know this probably would be controversial thing but it probably would eliminate some of the AFKers. Like you send your warframe to be leveled up over time but it would only be available after forma not for first leveling. It would be like foundry so you could even shut down game and your frame would level up but downside would be that you cannot use it until leveling up is complete or canceled. It would also take longer than simply leveling it up yourself but in other hand if you don't have time to play or just don't want to level up same frame again. 

Might be dumb idea but this just came to my mind once when I was again leveling frame after another forma. 

Yes. The missions are designed for solo players. that's why it's not a problem if someone levels their stuff. full group also means more spawns.
and when it comes to leveling up weapons: eso is top here. with booster it's 3-4 waves I think. and warframe can be maxed solo in sp surv in 15 min.

so afk is more than pointless and then it takes much longer. there is still a risk of dying and losing exp/time. or even worse and account is gone.

23 hours ago, Merrcenary said:

my suggestion about wisp's reservoirs is to add duration to reservoirs (for example 30 secs with 100str), which will eliminate afk playstyle where you place your reservoirs and then go afk for the next few hours while your team doing all the work in endless mission

Who even goes afk with Wisp?

This just sounds strange to me, nothing Wisp has works well off afking, changing reservoirs to 'discourage' afk play makes no sense.

Besides, duration already matters on reservoirs and rarely does anything but Ability Strength scale multiple stats (I don't actually know if any un-augmented ability does scale multiple things off duration).

And once you get past all that, I have to ask if it's even going to change anything for the better. It seems like just an added annoyance for most players just to punish a bad few, and again that few seems very few.

Archived