Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Armour Stripping - Why Is It So Bad?

Prince-of-Space

8 minutes ago, PhiZero said:

cast Crush, just to realize they're out of range as you commit to a 3 second animation

It's 2 seconds for Crush to complete its animation. The first tick of shield generation comes within ~0.5 sec. Crush also CCs enemies the instant you cast it. Polarize doesn't restore shields till the cast animation ends, which is ~1 sec.
Bonus: Polarize can't generate Overshields.

20 minutes ago, PhiZero said:

the issue is it can be inconsistent outside of high density missions and either whiff or heal less health than you expected.

Crush's requirement is "hit 7 enemies at base strength to regen the 450 base shields on Mag"
Only 2 enemies if you use the Decaying Key.
Polarize is "Cast this ability twice at base strength to regen the 450 base shields on Mag"

21 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

It's 2 seconds for Crush to complete its animation. The first tick of shield generation comes within ~0.5 sec. Crush also CCs enemies the instant you cast it. Polarize doesn't restore shields till the cast animation ends, which is ~1 sec.
Bonus: Polarize can't generate Overshields.

Crush's requirement is "hit 7 enemies at base strength to regen the 450 base shields on Mag"
Only 2 enemies if you use the Decaying Key.
Polarize is "Cast this ability twice at base strength to regen the 450 base shields on Mag"

I completely forgot that Crush got a second shaved off its cast time, which definitely helps.

The initial shield restore can be a life saver at times too in SP. I've lost count of the times I was left at less than 20 health, where Polarize would've resulted in going down.

I wish overshields had more use other than star chart usage and Adaptation fodder, since Cascadia Overcharge provides an offensive benefit as long as you're protected in Magnetize with overshields.

Through I do have a loadout that has Codemn helminthed over Crush for cheaper Overshields, and additional CC when at the Magnetize cap. The new vortex on Pull should make it less frustrating to use as well.

I was disappointed to see no changes to polarize and crush.

I’d like to see polarize have a scaleable defense strip, it being an arbitrary number is really silly. I think it would be fair and balanced for something really low for the strip though, like 10- 20%. Promotes casting it of cooldown, but it is a cast and forget kind of ability, it shouldn’t be easily full stripping enemies. 

Crush needs some sort of scaleable damage multiplier added to it. It’s her ultimate ability and I rarely see it actually kill enemies. Mostly just a quick CC/ shield heal that self roots and takes both hands to cast which isn’t fun or ultimate feeling. 

16 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

It’s 25 more energy. That’s not a lot more

Clearly you forgot what the new player Experience is like 👀....

12 hours ago, PhiZero said:

cast Crush, just to realize they're out of range as you commit to a 2 second animation

It's actually 3 Seconds....

It's too long and Offers Very Little in return So I don't Bother with it... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12 hours ago, Fireaway said:

Polarize doesn't get boosted by range, it scales with duration. 

Actual Polarize is Affected by Both....

Range Determines The Starting Range and Duration determines the Ending Range...

Archived