Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave advice?

scourge728

Question

6 answers to this question

Vaults always spawn in derelicts except for the assassination missions, so all you can really do is make sure you check everywhere, try not to miss paths hidden in the broken-down or overgrown parts. Capture missions are quick enough so you can spend more time finding the vaults

For 20 kills in 5 seconds, I'd probably try shepherding enemies in the landscapes, or trying void fissures and waiting for corrupted enemies to drop in

Finding the vaults. For example I'll use "capture" as it is the quickest to complete. I have found that after the capture is complete go straight to the exit. Often you might see it along the way there. When you get to the exit pop open your map and work backwards referencing your incomplete map and start filling in the blanks. If you're new to the tile tileset give yourself time to get to know it better. There is a helminth ability that might snoop it out, but it doesn't distinguish between ayatans, somachords etc. and it's range is pretty limited.

Regular SO will also work for the 20 kills. If that's not something you can do effectively solo where you don't have to worry about others taking the kills, you could do an infested mission. A Phorid invasion mission would be a good place as the room where it spawns spawns a ton of enemies. Even if you don't have something like Khora, Vauban, or Nidus to gather enemies up before killing them or a wide area nuke like Saryn or whatever, you could parkour up a wall in that room and wait for enemies to gather below you, then fire down into the crowd or melee slam down. An infested defense would probably also work.

40 minutes ago, scourge728 said:

Any advice on actually finding the vaults? And how do I actually get 20 enemies to spawn within one area because they only seem to spawn a max of 10 at once.

1) Kill 20 enemies in 5 seconds through Sanctuary Onslaught/Elite.

2) Open Orokin Vaults in Derelict missions (Part of the Deimos "planetary" region)...

If you want to do both in the same map, I strongly suggest you do Steel Path since that Star Chart mode has full spawns.

1 hour ago, scourge728 said:

Trying to accomplish the dragon key and kill 20 enemies in 5 seconds tasks. Any advice on actually finding the vaults? And how do I actually get 20 enemies to spawn within one area because they only seem to spawn a max of 10 at once.

I prefer to run the exterminate on demos for the vaults, since you have all the time in the world to look in every corner.

For the "20 in 5secs", I took Ember into onslaught and hoped for a small map. Got mine in the infested corpus set, that's basically a bunker filled with corpus bodies. Confined areas with endless enemies, is the best way to go. Outside of that, it's purely based on the situation. 

Archived