Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adjustments to solo requirements for certain missions?

BR31

Solo defense requires you to kill less mobs than in a full squad.
Solo interception and infested salvage decodes faster.
Some of the bounties require you to complete less objectives.

Why the number of kills for exterminate doesn't change for solo vs full squad?
Imo- the 33%-50% req is fair for a solo player vs full squad, esp when you need 130-160 kills on some tiles.

Also 2 spy vaults instead of 3 mb?

Solo should be little harder but not overly different.

Spies having 3 nodes is ok. You need 3 rotation (A, B & C). I would add 4th spy for full group.

Interception may require less "defense points".

Bounties is harder to change. Some are easy. Some are very hard (or even near impossible without certain frame). Like Protect the camp should have less range.

And what about Relics? This is ridiculously against solo player. You could get rare part in e.g. 3-4 runs (radshare). Solo player have to do 4 more runs to have same chances. What's even worse is that there are uncommon formas. I've once run 26-27 radiants to get most common stuffs, 5x forma (UNCOMMON!) and... 1 rare or uncommon stuffs.

They should just reduce disparity between solo & team play.

1 час назад, quxier сказал:

Solo should be little harder but not overly different.

Spies having 3 nodes is ok. You need 3 rotation (A, B & C). I would add 4th spy for full group.

Interception may require less "defense points".

Bounties is harder to change. Some are easy. Some are very hard (or even near impossible without certain frame). Like Protect the camp should have less range.

And what about Relics? This is ridiculously against solo player. You could get rare part in e.g. 3-4 runs (radshare). Solo player have to do 4 more runs to have same chances. What's even worse is that there are uncommon formas. I've once run 26-27 radiants to get most common stuffs, 5x forma (UNCOMMON!) and... 1 rare or uncommon stuffs.

They should just reduce disparity between solo & team play.

There's definitely more things that can be added ,
my initial post shows a difference of solo/group for some modes like rn like interc, def and some bounty stages (like less excav points on fortuna)- it's already in the game:
they do something in this regard, but not for all the gamemodes, even really old ones. 

but one of the most popular modes in relics and overall - exterminate, for some reason doesn't adjust to it at all.

For spy i guess it can be rough because of rota rewards.

But for disruption i don't see a reason why it cannot be reduced by 1 tower, for example.

True for relics, but with a faster exterminate (if it will ever be changed) you can make an argument, that you exchange more chances from randoms' relics for more consistent faster
rewards (since you don't have to wait for randoms to evac and don't rely on your teammates to be decent/non-afk/non-trolls). 

But i do believe something should be changed about it and the current state is far from optimal.

I almost exclusively solo exterminates and spies.  I wouldn't want the requirements made any easier. 

If anything, kill reqs should go up for squads.  But this would have to come with improvements to spawns.

This however...

3 hours ago, quxier said:

And what about Relics? This is ridiculously against solo player.

.. does bother me.   I don't mind some disparity, but it's too much here.

Allowing multiple relics to be cracked at once or multiple rolls on one relic seem like the best way to address it.

4 hours ago, BR31 said:

True for relics, but with a faster exterminate (if it will ever be changed) you can make an argument, that you exchange more chances from randoms' relics for more consistent faster
rewards (since you don't have to wait for randoms to evac and don't rely on your teammates to be decent/non-afk/non-trolls). 

I can already do fast exterminate. Selecting relics, upgrading them etc is more time consuming than mission itself.

3 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

multiple rolls on one relic seem like the best way to address it.

This one is better as it will help some older relics in team play as well.

I definitely do not want lowered requirements for solo. What I do want is higher mob spawn rate for exterminate and disruption to make the mission move forward faster.

5 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Allowing multiple relics to be cracked at once or multiple rolls on one relic seem like the best way to address it.

If you are opening multiple relics at once then you better pay the same price for the same reward as a squad. As in you lose 4 relics for 1 reward.

15 minutes ago, Frendh said:

If you are opening multiple relics at once then you better pay the same price for the same reward as a squad. As in you lose 4 relics for 1 reward.

Of course.  Multiple relics burnt, better chance of a desired reward on a given run, just like now.     Just to make an option universal that we've always only had in squads.

1 hour ago, Frendh said:
6 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I would be fine if the RNG wouldn't be the same as in no "4 uncommon forma".

On other hand 1 person pays only for his relic, so 1 person in 4 team squad should loose 4 relics as well.

11 часов назад, Frendh сказал:

I definitely do not want lowered requirements for solo. What I do want is higher mob spawn rate for exterminate and disruption to make the mission move forward faster.

That's one of the option. And i'd prefer it too over the reduced count, but it will probably take more dev time on that.
Changing spawn algorithm in general would be an upgrade to what we have now.
As well as navigation showing 1 enemy in 500 +m meters away currently,
instead of a big pack in front of you (in some cases it stops spawning at all and you have to backtrack because of an enemy in a bush).

With the upcoming sp fissures the problem is more actual than ever.

9 hours ago, BR31 said:

That's one of the option. And i'd prefer it too over the reduced count, but it will probably take more dev time on that.

That is practically a few minutes for someone who is familiar with the code. The the code already exists, they only need to re-use it for players less than 4.

11 минут назад, Frendh сказал:

That is practically a few minutes for someone who is familiar with the code. The the code already exists, they only need to re-use it for players less than 4.

Are you sure they are going to go with the increase spawn route when we have crossplay with switch and mobile on a horizon?
And their hosts/general perfomance? That's why i initially said about lowering the reqs, while i like more density myself.

10 minutes ago, BR31 said:

Are you sure they are going to go with the increase spawn route when we have crossplay with switch and mobile on a horizon?
And their hosts/general perfomance? That's why i initially said about lowering the reqs, while i like more density myself.

No, I doubt they will. But I quoted the part where you seem to say that increasing the spawn count takes more dev time. And I simply said if that is what you mean, you are wrong.

Archived