Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A request for Primed Arrow Mutation

Halvkyrie

Hi!

So, I'm bringing this up, since ammo has been a very hot topic with the recent rework. In my opinion this has also made the primed ammo mutation mods have more of a purpose, as these now convert ammo with 92% efficiency, whereas the base mods convert with 50% efficiency, and vigilante supplies converts with 30% efficiency.

Right now, We've got Primed Shotgun Ammo, Pistol Ammo, Sniper Ammo, and Rifle Ammo mutation. Arrow Mutation remains without a primed version. Admittedly, the main reason I'm asking for this is simply completion. Having (and there existing) a complete set of Primed Ammo Mutation mods. I don't believe that there are any bows that have a strong need for this, just that it would "look nice". Even the Kuva Bramma wouldn't change from this, because it can already use Primed Sniper Ammo Mutation.

So in short, Please consider adding Primed Arrow Mutation, so the players can own employ a complete set of Prime Ammo Mutation mods.

-Halvkyrie

• 1 month later...

So...

Considering that all of the bows went through a balance of how much ammo they pick up... Doubt it's going to happen.

I mean... everything technically will happen in Warframe, eventually... just that this would be classed by the overall player base as a base useless mod to release. Because the only bows that really worry about ammo already only pick up 1 ammo at a time anyway.

Since ammo has been consolidated, maybe it makes the most sense to simply release "Primary Ammo Mutation" and "Primed Primary Ammo Mutation" and leave the old ones as legacy mods. 

7 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

I mean... everything technically will happen in Warframe, eventually... just that this would be classed by the overall player base as a base useless mod to release. Because the only bows that really worry about ammo already only pick up 1 ammo at a time anyway.

Most of the playerbase probably doesn't use arrow weapons at all, so you're probably right about how they'd regard it.  Still it might be useful on the crossbows, especially Zhuge Prime and Nagantaka altfire builds.

I have read at least one post where somebody was lamenting running out of ammo on the daikyu...although that's hard for me to fathom.  But maybe there is more demand for mutation on the 72/15 bows than I think.

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

Still it might be useful on the crossbows, especially Zhuge Prime and Nagantaka altfire builds.

Crossbows have a different ammo pickup. For example, the Nagantaka gets 540 Ammo and 80 Pickup. The only one that's any different is the Zhuge Prime with 270 Ammo Max and 60 Pickup. So having 50% from any secondary is pretty good.

As it stands, though, I'm not 'most of the player base', I've had a Steel Path worthy Mk-1 Paris since it launched. And with my Zephyr, every single-shot bow works with Jet Stream and Tornado. I have genuinely not noticed a lack of ammo for any of them on anything from Exterminates to Survivals. Maybe once or twice on Captures at Steel Path level.

I've extensively had my fun with bows, and I don't even use Ammo Mutation on some of them. I prefer the Augment on the Paris Prime that gives me health for status effects.

23 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Crossbows have a different ammo pickup. For example, the Nagantaka gets 540 Ammo and 80 Pickup. The only one that's any different is the Zhuge Prime with 270 Ammo Max and 60 Pickup.

Right, but because of the RoF and auto-fire on these, I can see it being more of an issue.  I'm just theorizing though--I've been having no troubles with my Nagantaka altfire builds yet, But then again, I've got a riven and am often running electric or gas builds that have higher kps than I'd guess is normal, so other people could conceivably be having a very different experience.

I haven't played enough with Zhuge Prime since the ammo overhaul to draw any personal conclusions yet, but same general idea.

31 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

I've extensively had my fun with bows, and I don't even use Ammo Mutation on some of them.

Oh no doubt.  I don't think I've ever used them on bows other than the occasional Vigilante Supplies, and that almost entirely for the set bonus.  But some players may be using these weapons differently and needing a lot more arrows per kill.

On 2022-10-23 at 7:39 PM, Tiltskillet said:

Right, but because of the RoF and auto-fire on these, I can see it being more of an issue.

If it wasn't a huge issue on full-auto rifles, that previously had only 60 pickup from the 'rifle' source that was only one of four types... I can't see it being an issue on much slower-firing auto-crossbows. Even if you empty a full magazine, 80 pickup is still more than most of those crossbows' full magazines.

Archived