Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nikana Sheath & Sugatra Color Separation (And...)

(PSN)IndianChiefJeff

You know what really grinds my gears? The fact that DE still hasn't separated Nikana sheath & Sugatra color options for the sake of maximum fashion potential. It's even stranger to me that they haven't merged the sheath coloring with the weapon's overall coloring setup, instead choosing to designate the sheath as an accessory of sorts. So one of two things needs to happen: sheath & blade colors should be merged or DE needs to provide an additional color interface for Sugatras.

Another minor issue that still bugs me to this day is the fact that the Nikana Prime Sugatra still cannot be removed. No, DE, I do not want to use this Sugatra alongside the Dax Nikana skin. Remove it or I'll get the scissors! Or better yet, throw it in with the rest of the Sugatras as an option instead of exclusively tying it to this one weapon.

I doubt that I'm the only one to ever express this, but my OCD gets worse when problems like this exist for as long as they have.

What really bothers me about nikanas is you can't even see the blade colour until that split-second moment your warframe's animation decides to unsheathe it. Some genius at DE thinks that's a better idea than just showing a still model of the entire weapon in full detail.

5 hours ago, Pakaku said:

What really bothers me about nikanas is you can't even see the blade colour until that split-second moment your warframe's animation decides to unsheathe it. Some genius at DE thinks that's a better idea than just showing a still model of the entire weapon in full detail.

This is precisely why I believe that DE should change up the idle stances as they pertain to each stance mod. Instead of using the generic idle poses across all weapons, idles could truly be unique, replicating the posture of real-life (and sometimes fictional) martial arts. For example:

• Blind Justice - Zatōichi-style (Reverse grip)
  • Tranquil Cleave - Iaido (Quickdraw, what we currently have)
  • Decisive Judgment - Kendo (Two-handed, blade fully drawn)

Of course, it'd be a lot more convenient if your 'Frame just stood still, blade drawn, during customization. I'd also love to see DE combine these stances under one sole Nikana stance mod, enabling us to switch up stances mid-mission for the sake of convenience & extra stylish combos, but that's a completely different topic altogether. Baby steps. If customization could be improved, that'd be wonderful. More options hurt no one but the devs who take the time to sort through all the code.

Archived