Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

make Ember more accessible

Valfaun

Playing Ember seems needlessly... frustrating, in my opinion, if you want to use her full kit of abilities (except for her 1, which will probably be switched out for a Helminth ability I imagine and that's fine). 

You want Immolation's Heat meter to be filled, but at the same time it's not sustainable to keep it there because it'll drain all of your energy after a short while. Using Fire Blast doesn't do much after you've built the meter with numerous casts of Inferno, it'll fill back up in a heartbeat and continue draining your energy. So you inevitably need to toggle Immolation to completely reset it and start over with the setup, just to get back to the point of it being unsustainable. It's just... not fun, you know. I bet most players don't even bother with all that and simply stick to spamming Inferno to clear low level missions. That's why I'd really like Ember's playstyle to be simplified and brought on par with other frames. Here's an idea: 

• change Fireball, Fire Blast and Inferno to add a flat amount of Heat to Immolation's meter
  • remove the energy drain from Immolation and give it a duration OR give it a constant reasonable energy drain like some other channeled abilities
    • (personally I'm leaning towards the second option)
  • make Immolation lose Heat at an increasing rate after a few seconds of not casting Fireball, Fire Blast or Inferno (Inferno must hit at least 1 target, of course) 
  • (optional) rename Immolation to Heat Shield or something

I'm not saying Ember is currently unplayable, I'm sure there are skilled players who manage to utilize her. I just think that most players probably... don't. And it's unfortunate because Ember could be really fun and relevant. She just feels unjustifiably punished in her current state and too difficult to get a hold of

Ember is kind of a polarizing frame. On the one hand yeah she can be a little tricky, but on the other she is incredibly good. The payoff for her great ability-set is that she requires a bit more nuance than many of the other frames. 

Personally I don't think any of the changes you've suggested would make Ember better.

Yeah... low level boys and spamming inferno... fortunately Ember can do a little bit more.

To give you credit, yes, Ember is pretty hungry for blue orbs but if you enter sponge path with her, you want that fast accelerating heat meter. That's pretty much you only viable defense layer and important to trash armored foes. So a big no-no from my side as an ember player. In fact with her augment for Inferno it is pretty accesible. Sure, you can't do pure casting but more then enough to tackle all non-sponge content to a c-rotation. With that said, you can work towards dissipate, invest a little in Zenurik, maybe get lucky for energize... 

Important side note: watch out for Wisp's, esoecially max power speed buff Wisps. That #*!%s up your heat meter.

On 2022-09-18 at 2:36 PM, (XBOX)Helverin said:

Yeah... low level boys and spamming inferno... fortunately Ember can do a little bit more.

To give you credit, yes, Ember is pretty hungry for blue orbs but if you enter sponge path with her, you want that fast accelerating heat meter. That's pretty much you only viable defense layer and important to trash armored foes. So a big no-no from my side as an ember player. In fact with her augment for Inferno it is pretty accesible. Sure, you can't do pure casting but more then enough to tackle all non-sponge content to a c-rotation. With that said, you can work towards dissipate, invest a little in Zenurik, maybe get lucky for energize... 

Important side note: watch out for Wisp's, esoecially max power speed buff Wisps. That #*!%s up your heat meter.

Pretty much my sentiment on this.  Heat Shield, Fire Blast to lose heat buildup, Inferno when you can, and beware the dumpy.

Maybe they could remove the automatic buildup from the heat gauge and set it up so that most actions and abilities generate a fixed amount of heat and possibly even change Fireball to do increased damage based on heat gauge while removing some heat buildup based on charge-up time, but she's pretty solid for now.

vor 53 Minuten schrieb Raarsi:

Fireball

If I had something to complain about than it would be that ability. It feels pointless with her 4 doing the same just better. Maybe it could use a more effective damage scaler, some slight homing effect to make it worthwile spamming for free while entering overheat.

Or what you said, charge to deplete the heat gauge for size and damage, similiar to Garuda's 1.

Archived